YesNoOk

Rogue (Read 47165 times)

Started by abls1, October 23, 2011, 02:08:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Rogue
#81  October 26, 2011, 12:22:20 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Okay, im banning your ass for being stupid, white knighting on purpose and trying to instill drama. We dont need people trying to moderate threads like you did and specially to keep posting as you are posting.

SEEYA
#82  October 26, 2011, 12:37:27 am
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
One less White Knight in this forum. Yaaaaaay! Now there's only one left, whose name ends in 79.

Now seriously, people should stop coming to forums to defend creations. If there's a point that isn't really valid in that feedback (like an error not happening even though it was said to happen or a recommendation made by the feedbacker that you don't agree) then there's no problem having a decent and normal discussion about it. But when you go to the point of only rejecting it because you think it's really cool and your opinion is the absolute truth, then such people can just go create their fanbase outside the thread, because they're not helping anyone.
Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:49:54 am by Nanashi_1337
#83  October 26, 2011, 08:06:58 am
  • Green Knight LVL 94
Ugh, he couldn't just let it go, I went and got Acey in but he HAD to keep going. Whatcha gonna do I guess.

\\\"Nothing justifies 5ing burning cats, Not Even Doom Music.\\\" - Titanium-Gecko
#84  October 26, 2011, 12:50:24 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play! As for the character been too strong her name is "Rogue" and she is supposed to be I guess people see a character like "Juggernaut Too Strong. Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge. 

Acey hope you consider the feed back that is helpfull to becoming better at what you do

see you later softies ;)
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#85  October 26, 2011, 01:29:39 pm
  • Unity of Hearts
    • Spain
How about you read the thread too? Perhaps you will understand the reason why we're complaining. Because your comment above clearly indicates you didn't do that.
#86  October 26, 2011, 01:37:57 pm
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play! As for the character been too strong her name is "Rogue" and she is supposed to be I guess people see a character like "Juggernaut Too Strong. Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge. 

Acey hope you consider the feed back that is helpfull to becoming better at what you do

see you later softies ;)
quit being an idiot

GOH

#87  October 26, 2011, 01:41:03 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal
I like the character how it is and I'm looking forward for updates that will improve the game play!
If you like the character how it is, then why do you want updates? ;)
#88  October 26, 2011, 02:00:25 pm
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
I well understand what is been discussed here and been reading all of the post about improvements that could be added to make the character work better, animate better etc.. Feed back is good thing even if the delivery of it sounded harsh or mean, so me not understanding technical aspects is no issue here. 

Feed back like trash cannot help anyone learn or apperciate anything.  I always will look forward for updates but I also sometimes keep the previous version and compare both. Me liking it as it is does not mean that is perfect as it is just means this is ok for now but I will download an updated version of it

Lastly me saying "Stop been a bunch of girls and play a character that actually gives you a challenge" is a joke and me been stupid silly but i also believe users do not like to play hard characters that can be beaten.

Good gaming!
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#89  October 26, 2011, 02:09:01 pm
    • Thailand
You're trying to sound enlightened, righteous and encouraging while at the same time saying you don't like the character the way it is. You have a bias for The Infinity Mugen Team, therefore, you have to express your dismay with the character in a way that conceals said dismay because you also have a bias against anyone who has a problem with anything to do with The Infinity Mugen Team.

The two ideas of dismay and self-righteousness conflict with each other, and the end result of their conflict is a stupid, useless post that (if not before yesterday, then beginning yesterday) always ends up in a ban.

You don't get to insult people and then claim it is a joke. It doesn't work like that. Not only did you insult people by calling everyone who posted in the topic a "girl," but  you implied that only girls voice their opinion about things that they have problems with, and that is sexist and stupid.

Yeah, better stop posting here, Abls1. Thanks for reporting the topic, but that's pretty much all you have done here that's worth anything.
#90  October 27, 2011, 03:25:56 am
  • El Sanguif es mas macho!
I have mostly given up on IMT, with rare exceptions. But I decided to check this Rogue out because of all the drama of this thread.

I don't mind the stance. Rogue is actually quite powerful, so she can stand how she wants. IMO it does not look choppy. Plus, it's a minor sprite edit. It's not as bad as other truly grotesque examples of Frankenspriting from IMT. I don't recognize the 2nd costume. Is it supposed to mean something? I find the jacket falling off very neat. I don't have a problem with the vels. She's certainly quicker than other Rogues I've used, but it's not a dealbreaker for me. I'm not sure why she can randomly pull off other chars' moves even when they are not there for her to touch them. The special and hyper moves work fine in practice and vs cpu. Has anyone had a problem vs a human? Simple chain combos, (ex. LP->MP->HP), Launchers and aerial combos work smoothly. The throw looks fine. The FX look fine. The sounds sound fine. I don't know about debug. I usually don't turn it on unless the char is acting really bad. This char seems actually decently made. I looked at the def file and was very surprised to see it's by Acey. Other Acey chars I've used are not nearly this good. I heard some people mention that the base for this was Kong's Rogue. I'm not sure how to verify that, or what difference it makes. I like this Rogue, so it might be a keeper. HOWEVER, this is the exception from IMT, not the rule.

I hope this was useful feedback.
#91  October 27, 2011, 12:45:59 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
I'm with you Buster. On one hand, I totally understand what all the fuss pertaining to IMT is about. And on the other hand, I like this Rogue. She handles pretty well, and that's what counts most to me. As much as I usually stray away from IMT's releases, Rogue is one of those rare exceptions.

As far as her costumes go, I think her green one is based off of het recent comic shennanigens. I could be wrong there....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#92  October 29, 2011, 12:56:53 am
Good idea, poor execution. I do however expect it to become a great character in the next months.
#93  October 29, 2011, 06:05:47 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
Acey, i so appreciate the efforts of IMT's releases everytime but the problem i see is you guys release (and have released) so many chars that in the end, you can't seem to focus on "crafting" one (read: taking all the feedback in consideration/tweaking & correcting all the bugs), which results in the chars usually being betas/not being polished for a long time & just having potential...

and as much as i find drama entertaining, it starts to become fucking boring
#94  October 30, 2011, 02:37:16 am
  • [E]
    • Mexico
So for everyone out there who truely wants to play an amazing Rogue, wonderfuly programmed with great chaining, solid gameplay and full of tons of extras then this is a download you won't want to miss. Ignore the liars. I'm always listening. It's those who aren't afraid to speak up against the socail norm who change the world.

I tried her, she did not live up to that, at all.  :(
#95  November 04, 2011, 10:41:23 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
This Rogue is not compatible with my Batman, I am disappoint !!! >:(

More seriously, if you want me to post a huge bunch of triggers for power stealing, just ask.

Stance is well animated, and doesn't seem too out of place to me.
As for general gameplay, I won't add anything to what others said. I can't be specific about the vels and all, but most of them feel a weird, resulting in the character not feeling great.
#96  November 04, 2011, 09:51:25 pm
  • Q
Acey just got a few power steals in now. Said others would be added in later, even stretching so far as DBZ chars, and likely all comic ones and all Sean Alty's stuff.
#97  November 04, 2011, 09:56:29 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Why would you add anything new if you haven't corrected what you already have?
#98  November 04, 2011, 10:01:06 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Acey just got a few power steals in now.
Rogue is compatible with some Batman characters, but he didn't add enough triggers to make her compatible with all of them, my Batman included. It's not about adding more powers steals, it's about having more character interaction by detecting more potential oponents for compatibility.
#99  November 05, 2011, 03:21:59 pm
  • Q
Acey just got a few power steals in now.
Rogue is compatible with some Batman characters, but he didn't add enough triggers to make her compatible with all of them, my Batman included. It's not about adding more powers steals, it's about having more character interaction by detecting more potential oponents for compatibility.

Oh, I didn't notice that other Batmen worked. Gotcha.
#100  November 21, 2011, 12:35:50 am
  • Rawr!
wow about 5 pages full of flame/actual feedback and useless comments lol.. Acey its about time someone worked on a power stealing rogue.. that puts u ahead of most of the rogue creators out there.. i believe thats wat u probably meant with ur rogue being great.. and it is but with that being said i think u should take onboard wat some ppl are saying about ur character and start working on making her more than just great.. i see alot of potential in this creation.. it could be with alot of hard work .. dare i say it.. the perfect rogue.. good luck.