YesNoOk

Dead Or Alive 5 (Read 1027730 times)

Started by SNT, September 14, 2011, 03:13:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Dead Or Alive 5
#81  December 08, 2011, 08:03:49 am
  • all is love in fair and war
I find it funny how we're all happy that the girls have smaller and more realistic boobs now. Seems like we're not just lust-driven creatures after all XD

no we just grew up and realize hip curve is sexier than boobs
#82  December 08, 2011, 08:06:01 am
    • USA
I dont like big butts and I do not lie.
#83  December 08, 2011, 03:53:09 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
You other brothers can deny
#84  December 08, 2011, 04:16:35 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Sweat baby sweat baby sex is a Texas drought
Me and you do the kind of stuff that only Falco would sing about

SNT

#85  December 08, 2011, 04:17:09 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
#86  December 08, 2011, 08:24:19 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#87  December 08, 2011, 09:42:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
quick time events in the game sound like a downer, it didnt already work in mk vs dc

it will look cool and everything ..but only for a short time..than it gets repetitive and boring..and annoying.
#88  December 08, 2011, 09:48:47 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
quick time events in the game sound like a downer, it didnt already work in mk vs dc

it will look cool and everything ..but only for a short time..than it gets repetitive and boring..and annoying.

Unless Tecmo can find a way to make the in-game QTE events good. Won't be easy, but at least they're trying something different.

Now, if they can just get their damn storyline straight...
#89  December 08, 2011, 10:12:59 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
heh..oh yeah..i should wait to see more about the qte system who knows..maybe they find a good way but my big toe tells me they are making beautiful animated scenes, nice to watch and all but repetitive after a while.

DOA dimensions was a good step  forward storywise already, i think this time they will do something much better as in doa 1-4 for the story of the characters
#90  December 08, 2011, 10:18:31 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Wasn't the story mode in Dimensions just a retelling of the events that took place during DoA1 to DoA4?

If anything, DoA5 ought to move on with the storyline. Tell the events after what went down in DoA4, you know.
#91  December 08, 2011, 10:25:05 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
yeah, but in dimensions they fileld some gaps with that re-telling, it explained why ayame and kasumi are rivals, that raidou raped kasumis mother etc. maybe  some details like that were known before, but to me who played only doa 1-3 + ultimate they werent

what i meant with a better story was that they tell it more detailed, and tell a bit more about the characters and their reasons to fight, hate, love whatever.

in doa 1 you had practically nearly no story in the game itself, in part 2 it was..weird..some cutscenes here and there..suddenly a kasumi clone appears and the player is like "wtf"  too many things werent explained really. i think that will change in doa5
#92  December 09, 2011, 03:51:03 am
    • USA
#93  December 09, 2011, 03:57:45 am
The whole qte thing is the only thing I don't like from what I've heard.
Power attacks sound like supers, which is neat. Just really wondering how the whole qte thing will turn out in the final build.

You know... if they would change the qte thing to allow you to also maybe climb back up or something I'd be more positive about it.
Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 04:10:59 am by Alhambra
#94  December 09, 2011, 04:18:14 am
    • USA
The whole qte thing is the only thing I don't like from what I've heard.
Power attacks sound like supers, which is neat. Just really wondering how the whole qte thing will turn out in the final build.

You know... if they would change the qte thing to allow you to also maybe climb back up or something I'd be more positive about it.

From the video summary it says you can climb back up.
#95  December 09, 2011, 07:08:44 am
 :-X Don't know how I missed that.
#96  December 09, 2011, 04:30:31 pm
    • USA
#97  December 09, 2011, 04:59:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
that has to be the most useless announcement I have read in years.
You know that game dead or alive 5 we have been promoting ? well, we are going to release it.
#98  December 10, 2011, 12:21:08 am
    • USA
http://shoryuken.com/2011/12/09/yosuke-hayashi-talks-doa-5-dlc-costumes-story-mode-and-move-sets/
VB: Dead or Alive has always had a surplus of unlockable costumes. But since Dead or Alive 4, a lot of games have started taking stuff that used to be in games for free and doing it as downloadable content. Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV are two notable examples. How do you feel about that?

YH: With developers taking stuff that they normally would have put on the disc and selling that for DLC later, we think that lowers the value of the actual disc, the players that are going to buy that disc. We don’t think that’s a good way to do things. But as for using DLC as a way to add more stuff and increase the longevity of the title, if we’re adding stuff later we think that will… Fans will enjoy that, we as developers will enjoy that, we’ll just have that much more time to spend with that game. That’s the approach that we would like to take.
That's good to hear.
#99  December 10, 2011, 11:03:27 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^^ indeed

good not everyone is going the capcom route
#100  December 12, 2011, 03:06:30 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Eh on them toning down the mass boob ratio(I honestly found it a bit unappealing that they have huge jugs but no ass ingame) and I do like the fact Tecmo is not making them stay barbie doll and giving them an actual looks(once again, Ayane was first before everyone though....might as well be the new main) this time around.

I also like the fact that they are above Capcom's stupid DLC policy(that's the main reason I got turned off by both Super Street Fighter 4 and UMVC3) and actually package the game right. And I want to see how they'll implement the QTEs.
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......