Freeza Z2 [Project] (Read 528146 times)

Started by Balthazar, December 27, 2011, 06:59:29 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Freezer Z2
#21  December 27, 2011, 11:39:58 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Awww, its MUGENS Teamfourstar. I guess that makes me Antfish.... genocyde can now turn into freeza.
Spriting is hard.
#22  December 27, 2011, 11:48:30 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
decent but Awesome
point not made :P
#23  December 28, 2011, 12:16:38 am
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Spriting is hard.
#24  December 28, 2011, 12:27:03 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
 :sugoi: Obviously :P

HQ

#25  December 28, 2011, 01:03:08 am
Great Project :) I am looking forward to it!

I hope you don't mind if I show you how the proportions could look like  :sugoi:
#26  December 28, 2011, 01:19:40 am
I said I wouldn't do criticism but you guys are killing me.

Both of you fail to really bring to light that the head is too big. That's the other problem...THE HEAD IS TOO BIG. Freeza's head should only be the size of Goku/Vegeta Z2's but bald (Don't try to account for the hair.) perhaps a tad bit bigger than that to really establish his face. His legs ARE too big, and you both bring it to light with the thighs, but Iced kind of did it wrong a bit by not editing the whole sprite. Either way, what Chamat should do is lower the size of the head to the proportion I said before, lower the mass of the arms and legs (Tail too if you want.) and make the sprites less stiff (He doesn't need his arms crossed ALL the time, and he's always standing straight during alot of his moves, but no one really stiffens their legs that much.). THEN when you do THAT, make sure he's the right height, because he's bound to get shorter if you do what I told you.
#27  December 28, 2011, 03:31:09 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
I don't like those sprites.  They look very disproportionate compared to your own.  His head is gigantic compared to his body, which looks ridiculously small anyway.
This. I know a lot's been done already, but I seriously don't like the look of it. Just looks so irregular.
#28  December 28, 2011, 03:38:15 am
  • I'm behind you!!!
I've always thought Freeza was an egghead ;P
#29  December 28, 2011, 03:39:32 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
If you want a reference image you could just use the one from Bardock's vision of Goku and Frieza staring eachother down.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#30  December 28, 2011, 03:42:50 am
You might think that Freeza has a big head because he's has no hair and a small body, but in reality his head is around the same size as Goku's. Same for Krillin, small body, same size head.
#31  December 28, 2011, 03:51:51 am
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
#32  December 28, 2011, 03:56:11 am
  • Loyal to the Game
    • USA
    • http://jesuszilla.trinitymugen.net/
Not as I recall... I'd check right now but this connection can barely load web pages.
#33  December 28, 2011, 04:18:55 am
    • Chile
Don't trust anime cause, that scene never happens on manga (real and original source). Just check it for some clues about head size:

#34  December 28, 2011, 04:21:13 am
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
#35  December 28, 2011, 04:31:00 am
  • Hëll
    • Brazil
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/MugenJaderMugen
Congratulation man
Just awesome your work!
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
LOL Elzee is very funny! XD
#36  December 28, 2011, 06:17:20 am
Yes actually, that looks really good. You just need to work on the animation now, but I can't really say much about it since I'm not so good at breaking down the frames.
#37  December 28, 2011, 06:50:24 am
  • Figuring things out, one sprite at a time.
    • irwt.iammanyninjas.com
Rather nice so far. Regarding stance animation, breathing is off a bit as the chest seems to be expanding a bit too much, and his shoulders are actually inflating as they move outward. That part is more noticeable on artist's left shoulder. Would also suggest making an extra sequence where he blinks and maybe moves the tail in another fashion just to add some variety.
#38  December 28, 2011, 09:29:53 am
  • Spoiler
  • let's bring order to chaos
    • Mexico
    • none
well... here's my idea on it...

editing someone else sprite could be rude... but I already know Chamat and Balth, so there's no problem... it's my time to return a favor to chamat (he did help with some sprites for Lien) so...

here's the thing I did to the head (only the head) to make it look more villian and similar to the DBZ series...
I'm not a fan of DBZ, but I watched some of those episodes and I remember how cool Freezer is, so here's my take

----
original..... my edit

free use of course, trying to help you bodys   :)
            Zorf Giudecca
#39  December 28, 2011, 02:21:07 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Very nice head Nio!

#40  December 28, 2011, 06:24:44 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
That Iced' stand looks more sadistic, i like it, like ignoring the opponent instead of keeping an eye on him. You said feminine? lol man well i heard some clips of DBZ in english and see why you say that, but he is a man
Glad you liked it, I honestly think that profile  head didnt look good and it threw off the sprite, when you show both eyes you have more of a sense of depth in the whole head.

The crouch stand doesnt leave you a lot of space for playing with the tail, because the ass is near to the floor, i dont know what to do about it.

I guess something like this:

but you already did it in your own frames

the tail in your last frame here is perfect, in fact the whole frame is perfect as a crouch.  I think it would be too much trouble editing your crouched attacks to use this animation tho, wouldnt it?
Be careful that in some animations you have the tail seems to be extending

The following drawing is based of one of the old covers showing the proportions between them, Im not being able to find the toryama pic but it was even used on one of the games as menu art.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COTJKjhusK4
I would totally like a voiceless and longer version of this as a freeza theme.There is actually a death rock music for freeza from a japanese band, but its a bit too weird for most tastes.

Anyway when you want suggestions for intros and whatsnot, give the signal and I bet that many ( me included ) would want to chime in.