Started by Kanbei, January 11, 2012, 12:24:11 am
Share this topic:
Damage Dampener Help
#1  January 11, 2012, 12:24:11 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
I Wanted To Know How To Make My Characters Do Less Damage In A Combo, I Heard From A Few Tips From My Beta Testers That, My Zoro Did Too Much Damage When Combing! Can Someone Help?

Code:
[State -2, dmg dampener]
type = attackmulset
trigger1 = 1
value = 1
ignorehitpause = 1

Note:I Still Use WINMUGEN

GT

Re: Damage Dampener Help
#2  January 11, 2012, 01:07:31 am
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
Your current code tells mugen to always multiply your character's damage output by 1 (So it will always be the same).

Here's an actual working dampener by [E]

[state -3, dampener]
type = attackmulset
trigger1 = numtarget >= 1
value = 0.90 ** target, gethitvar(hitcount)

As your target's hitcount increases your character's damage output would be multiplied by .90 (First hit does 100% damage, second does 90% damage(100%*.90), third hit does 81% damage(100%*.90*.90)).

and here's an explanation of things you'll need to know if you want to make your own dampener

You should have a variable that measures how many hits you're doing, that variable will act as the hitadd. The damage dampener's value should be another variable (float variable) based on the hitadd-variable. You can check out the damage dampener in my characters.

Once you have that set up, you can multiply any damage value by the damage-dampener-variable. Remember to use ceil and floor.

In custom states, just use varadds to increase the hitcounter.

The damage-dampener-variable should be reset under the right conditions.

Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 01:13:25 am by Yzan
Re: Damage Dampener Help
#3  January 11, 2012, 01:20:05 am
  • Samurai Sprite Ripper
  • Currently ripping Ninja Warriors
    • Japan
    • sites.google.com/view/kanbeiscreations/home
Your current code tells mugen to always multiply your character's damage output by 1 (So it will always be the same).

Here's an actual working dampener by [E]

[state -3, dampener]
type = attackmulset
trigger1 = numtarget >= 1
value = 0.90 ** target, gethitvar(hitcount)

As your target's hitcount increases your character's damage output would be multiplied by .90 (First hit does 100% damage, second does 90% damage(100%*.90), third hit does 81% damage(100%*.90*.90)).

and here's an explanation of things you'll need to know if you want to make your own dampener

You should have a variable that measures how many hits you're doing, that variable will act as the hitadd. The damage dampener's value should be another variable (float variable) based on the hitadd-variable. You can check out the damage dampener in my characters.

Once you have that set up, you can multiply any damage value by the damage-dampener-variable. Remember to use ceil and floor.

In custom states, just use varadds to increase the hitcounter.

The damage-dampener-variable should be reset under the right conditions.

I Use [E]'s For Now , But I look At The Other Later Thanks For The Help!