YesNoOk

Technical Tidbits (Read 29037 times)

Started by Valodim, January 25, 2012, 11:35:52 pm
Technical Tidbits
#1  January 25, 2012, 11:35:52 pm
    • Germany
Gonna use this thread for smaller technical announcements and the like. :)
Re: Technical Tidbits
#2  January 25, 2012, 11:45:08 pm
    • Germany
We gots us a new server and I have cpu cycles to spare. So I'm putting that ssl link up there, so people who want to can browse the forum (more) securely.

We don't have a proper certificate so you're not really safe from a proper MITM, but hey it's better than nothing. :)
#3  January 25, 2012, 11:45:49 pm
    • Germany
I'm totally gonna update the forum software. Soon. ..ish. Gonna keep you up to date right here when I do.
#4  March 10, 2012, 01:19:29 am
    • Germany
Server crashed today. No loss of data or anything, it was just gone for a while :P

I'm not entirely sure but I suspect it simply overheated because we had some fairly heavy duty stuff (non mfg related) running for a while.

Sorry about the downtime. Also, we're gonna revamp the cooling concept soonish and not run heavy stuff to avoid further unplanned downtimes --;

[size=5pt]btw don't listen to Iced when he blames ponies for the downtime. they had nothing to do with it![/size]
Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 01:22:36 am by Purple
#5  May 09, 2012, 10:36:40 am
    • Germany
I finally got off my lazy ass for this thanks to everyone who kept poking me: We have [youtube] tags now. They should take pretty much any format of links as long as there's a youtube id in there:

The tag is not parsed within quotes, so you don't need to remove it when quoting others.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvDvTnTGjgQ[/youtube]
[youtube]AvDvTnTGjgQ[/youtube]
[youtube]youtu.be/AvDvTnTGjgQ[/youtube]

that's all :)