YesNoOk

Hipster's Portraits: Accepting Requests! (Read 21135 times)

Started by Generic Hipster #117, January 24, 2012, 11:21:25 pm
Share this topic:
Hipster's Portraits: Accepting Requests!
#1  January 24, 2012, 11:21:25 pm

Alright, so I'm getting used to this whole Creating thing and I cooked these Hi Res Portraits up a little while ago. I'm still learning so any criticisms are welcome

Link

If y'all like these I'll keep makin' 'em.
Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 07:11:24 am by Generic Hipster #117
Re: Hipster's Portrait Pack 1
#2  January 25, 2012, 11:02:40 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
it looks pretty nice, man!

although, Ralf is missing a bunch of the right leg ;)
#3  January 25, 2012, 04:40:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Not too shabby. Watch your edging on your erasing. This is easily seen on some odd looking jagged edges on Sub-Zero's forearms and legs. Color loss looks very minimal.

Decent stuff.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#4  January 25, 2012, 10:27:17 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

^Word up.

Thanks for sharing your work.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#5  January 28, 2012, 02:39:18 am
Whoo, glad y'all like 'em. If I wanted to post more should I just post 'em in this thread?
#6  January 28, 2012, 02:48:11 am
    • USA
Yes, just re-title your thread "Hipster's Portraits."

About your work, it is very nice and like Saikoro said, not too bad. :)
Re: Hipster's Portraits
#7  January 28, 2012, 07:22:20 am

Only three this time, but I'm working on portraits for the KoF XI roster so I'll post those in a bit. And yeah, I see the futility in making a Gambit portrait since Saikoro's already made a good one, but I saw the art style and thought, "eh why not, it'll look neat."

Link

oh, almost forgot, that's how Ralf looks like in the artwork, Djoulz.

Check it.
Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:26:19 am by Generic Hipster #117
#8  January 28, 2012, 08:23:32 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Thanks for the mention!!  ;D

These look pretty good. But, be very careful on your edging. There are some missed dots and uneven edges that you didn't erase on the Gundam Zaku and Gambit.

:sugoi:

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#9  February 01, 2012, 10:41:17 am
Alright, four more, and I'm about halfway done with the KoF XI Portraits.

Link

I'm experimenting with edging and artwork so, yeah inconsistencies. I'm planning on fixing up the messier ones after I finish with KoF XI.
And dude, Saikoro, you're the guy who got me making mugen stuff, no foolin'.
#10  February 01, 2012, 05:01:48 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Thanks for the shout out!! ;D It's humbling to know that I'm inspiring fellow creators. Awesome.

Alrighty. Your Marco looks pretty good as he is very bold color wise. Captain Commando looks boss, but theres some slight pixelation upon closer inspection. He came out well. Watch your colors. But be very careful on converting older pieces of art like your Fei Long: both versions look really pixelated and washed out upon closer inspection. Color loss is easier to notice on lower resolution artwork that become Mugen conversions.

Not bad man. Looking forward to your King of Fighter XIII pack. Watch your detailing!!

Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 05:07:19 pm by Saikoro
#11  February 09, 2012, 04:09:16 am
Okay, first off, thanks for the tips Saik. Secondly I'm still working of the KoFXI portraits, there's just more characters than I thought there were, like, who even uses Shen Woo? Thirdly, I was thinkin of accepting requests and stuff for custom portraits for screenpacks and lifebars or whatever characters. would that be a good idea?
#12  February 09, 2012, 01:24:58 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Requests depend on how much time you are willing to spend on this type of thing. I've found myself becoming a bit burnt out while making my MvC3 portraits as these are partially a request alongside a personal choice. Once you decide to do requests, you're at the whim of the forum: you could end up being known as the Hello Kitty portrait guy....  ;P Or you could fulfill a request that ends up being abandoned in the end.

I also have plenty of people ask me how I make such sharp looking stuff. It's simply a matter of taking extra time. Lots of it. Therefore, make those portraits reflect who's available in Mugen. Shen Woo is an obscure character, but someone out there will be glad you made him since he is available in Mugen. I find myself thinking the same way: making those extra three pieces will take more time and effort, but it's that extra time spent that will malke people happier.

Feel free to PM me anytime!!  :sugoi:

Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:16:57 pm by Saikoro
#13  February 16, 2012, 07:10:47 am
Yeah, you got a point.On another note, I'm bored and got time, so I'm opening up to requests, hi res ports, normal ports, small ports, custom ports, whatever as long as it's portrait related. Name a character or post some art and I'll portraitize it.
Re: Hipster's Portraits: Accepting Requests!
#14  February 17, 2012, 03:08:24 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I request some portraits for uh.... Dudley!
#15  February 20, 2012, 11:42:03 am
Woops, sorry 'bout taking so long, busy weekend. Anywhoozle

[click for link]

I'm still working on more and I'll rejigger the link to include 'em when I'm done. Oh, and you may notice that the second one sucks, bit of a story with that. The original artwork was nice, but it was reeeeeally messed up color wise, and too small, and artifacted to hell. honestly I shouldn't even have bothered, and I should've used the time to make a better one from better artwork. Why did I even try? Weeeelllll, someone referred me to

THIS

And well, I wanted to try the impossible, so to speak. I'm quite content with the finished product even though it's far from perfect, but eh, C'est la vie. Also, Oxe, dude, seriously, I love your avatar.
#16  February 20, 2012, 01:54:50 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Nicely done. Pixel wise, your second Dudley does not suck. On the contrary, he came out quite well. How long did it take to convert both of these Dudley's??

Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 08:55:33 pm by Saikoro
#17  February 20, 2012, 07:33:16 pm
Really?well thanks man.

Took me 1-3 hours with this one,

And I worked on this one on and off throughout the weekend,

#18  February 20, 2012, 08:57:39 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Hell yeah. Colorloss on Dudley's second portrait must have been a Bitches. Scratch that.... It was a bitch. Solid conversions man. I like.

I myself got one more character to go before my next big release. Stay tuned....

#19  February 21, 2012, 07:48:11 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Sweet, I appreciate it. ^^
#20  March 07, 2012, 05:01:13 am

Cleeck dat shyeet.

New portraits, some I dug up from some long forgotten depths of my computer, others I just made for a friend.
I just discovered Team Fortress 2 so I doubt I'm gonna finish those KoF XI ports anytime soon, GOTTA GET THAT DEGREASER. I have about twenty of 'em done, and I'll probably post 'em in waves of five 'cause I like stuff in fives i guess.