YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 246984 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Shredder WIP
#1  February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
This is completely premature.
Here's what I've come up with so far for the Shredder. I've been working on these for just one day now so things may still look rather rough.

Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 04:47:15 pm by Dcat
Re: Shredder WIP
#2  February 14, 2012, 10:49:34 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
It's looking good though.

Makes me want to remix the Super Shredder theme from TMNT...
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#3  February 14, 2012, 10:50:54 am
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
#4  February 14, 2012, 01:09:43 pm
  • cool man
wowow, looks badass man! keep up!
Liked the second animation, with rapid punches, kinda reminds me of his special attack in TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES.
#5  February 14, 2012, 01:18:35 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Wow. It's great to see the Shredder materialize. He's going to go well with your awesome Krang   ;)

That rapid punch looks sweet. Perhaps he can do the same thing with his sword as part of a multi-attack string super attack??

He's essentially a ninja, so make those kicks have reach and fluid animation versatility.

Hmm.... Mutagen canisters and ray guns are a mainstay in TMNT cannon, so maybe you could fit some moves in along those lines.

Rocksteady and Bebop could be used as strikers just like your rock soldier assist system with Krang: Bebop could shoulder charge the opponent, and Rocksteady could shoot his gun.

Also, in the TMNT Arcade game for the NES, he had a doppleganger move during his boss battle. Maybe you could add that in as a super move similar to Morrigan's "double" super attack (kinda like what I mentioned above).

And he GOTTA sound like the Uncle Phil Shredder. He would compliment Krang nicely. You could also use dialogue from the show for some hilarious introduction banter.

Speaking of introductions, you HAVE to include a Module introduction of sorts where it comes through the ground and the Shredder emerges. Epic stuff.

If I can muster up any more ideas, I'll keep you updated!!  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 04:53:37 pm by Saikoro
#6  February 14, 2012, 01:51:25 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Wow, awesome!! Long time I'm expecting a good Shredder--

Wait, is that color separation?? :D OMG, I can't wait, keep going Dcat!!

(also, I'm waiting for your SOR chars update ;))

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#7  February 14, 2012, 02:32:21 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Its times like these that make me so happy that I ripped those sprites and made them public.  8)

Those customs are looking ACE like always bro. Keep up the most excellent work!

Now, I don't want to be a bother but here are some things I'd like to see.

- a stage specific Intro where he comes out of the portal.
- Dive Kick, like Akuma or Yun.
- A Boss state that could be used as an alternate .def where he turns into Super Shredder in the second round.

Can't wait to see what else you do here.

"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#8  February 14, 2012, 03:07:26 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Super Shredder unfortunately is not something that is possible to do properly in Mugen right now.  If he gets hit or thrown as SS he will use the gethits from his normal form due to engine constraints.  The only way around this would be giving him hyper armor and unthrowable which would be plain unfair to grapplers. 
#9  February 14, 2012, 03:28:59 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
A reasonable explanation.

Thanks MC2.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#10  February 14, 2012, 05:06:18 pm
wowow, looks badass man! keep up!
Liked the second animation, with rapid punches, kinda reminds me of his special attack in TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES.
:yeses:

Rocksteady and Bebop could be used as strikers just like your rock soldier assist system with Krang: Bebop could shoulder charge the opponent, and Rocksteady could shoot his gun.
I've been leaning more towards Foot Soldiers, then again nothing's set in stone just yet

And he GOTTA sound like the Uncle Phil Shredder. He would compliment Krang nicely. You could also use dialogue from the show for some hilarious introduction banter.
I've ripped more James Avery Shredder audio than I know what to do with.

Speaking of introductions, you HAVE to include a Module introduction of sorts where it cones through the ground and the Shredder emerges.
Thanks goes to Ruben for this one.

Saikoro said:
Also, in the TMNT Arcade game for the NES, he had a doppleganger move during his boss battle. Maybe you could add that in as a super move similar to Morrigan's "double" super attack (kinda like what I mentioned above).

Sometimes I think we have the same brain. I've been planning on this attack for years now.

MaxBeta said:
- A Boss state that could be used as an alternate .def where he turns into Super Shredder in the second round.
Super Shredder unfortunately is not something that is possible to do properly in Mugen right now.  If he gets hit or thrown as SS he will use the gethits from his normal form due to engine constraints.  The only way around this would be giving him hyper armor and unthrowable which would be plain unfair to grapplers. 

Super Shredder was intended to make a cameo during his Hyper move, so that's one solution. Its no skin off my teeth though, there are plenty of Shredders out there that use the Super/Cyber look as a base IMO there's been too much of him in mugen for decades now, just a taste of Shredder's super form with this character should be sufficient.

Other ideas for this character

-hittable Foot Soldier goons.
-having a full-screen attack where he slices through certain sections and the opponent must dodge. Like Mr. Chau's attack in Scott Pilgrim vs the World The Game
-Of course, retro-mutagen! Ripped these from the 1st arcade game specifically with that in mind

Saikoro said:
Hmm.... Mutagen canisters and ray guns are a mainstay in TMNT cannon, so maybe you could fit some moves in along those lines.
I'm actually okay with him using the ki generated retromutagen attacks from the game. Its weird but that kind of super aura repertoire seems way more forgiving when paired with the Shredder as opposed to the turtles. I'll probably include the flame and triangle wave moves as well

I'm glad you guys are liking what little I've got thus far.
#11  February 14, 2012, 05:56:33 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
You can also have him compatible with anakaris curse, thus he would be able to retro mutagen most characters ( and those that dont have that anim, you could just turn them into monkeys )
#12  February 14, 2012, 07:08:04 pm
You can also have him compatible with anakaris curse, thus he would be able to retro mutagen most characters ( and those that dont have that anim, you could just turn them into monkeys )
I saw Jmorphman was going to put Anarkaris cursed sprites in his Guile, I'll make my character's retromutation state with that in mind. Do you know if he's incorporated anything yet?
#13  February 14, 2012, 07:10:24 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I have no idea, pm him and exchange information, he might even have some code in mind already.

#14  February 14, 2012, 07:45:34 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Aw yeah Shredder! Will follow  :D !
#15  February 14, 2012, 09:33:29 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
This is awesome!! i'm super hyped now!!  :sugoi:
#16  February 14, 2012, 10:41:03 pm
I now have a massive erection.
#17  February 14, 2012, 10:46:37 pm
    • USA
#18  February 14, 2012, 10:49:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Just remembered, if you need a working version of a similar code.  Rare Akuma has a code snippet that turns characters into candy, and it would basically be the same.
#19  February 14, 2012, 10:51:00 pm
I already know that Shredder is going to be a wip of Dcat.
It's not that i can see into the future, but he already made 4 turtles and the upcoming villain Krang.
So why not Dcat's Shredder, even though he's not doing a full game of TMNT. That will take years from that.

In conclusion, he looks great. Keep it up, Dcat. :)
#20  February 14, 2012, 11:23:36 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Hmmm, he should have some colour seperation on his face and eyes aswell, for thoce who likes the modern, shadowed face, Shredder. Or the comic book Shredder, did'nt he also have a shadowed face? :S

BTW, an idea on his time over lose. There was an episode where had the opportunity to KILL the Turtles, but Krang ordered him to go someplace else. Shredder shouts angrily into the walkie talkie device, stomping the ground like an angry child over not getting to kill the Turtles.