Shredder WIP (Read 247000 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#21  February 15, 2012, 12:58:10 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
Dcat, how is it that you continue to amaze me after all these years?

wowow, looks badass man! keep up!
Liked the second animation, with rapid punches, kinda reminds me of his special attack in TMNT Tournament Fighters on NES.

Totally what I was thinking as well!

dcat said:

Other ideas for this character

-hittable Foot Soldier goons.
-having a full-screen attack where he slices through certain sections and the opponent must dodge. Like Mr. Chau's attack in Scott Pilgrim vs the World The Game
-Of course, retro-mutagen! Ripped these from the 1st arcade game specifically with that in mind

I like all those ideas!  But my favorite is probably the notion of hittable Foot Soldiers.  That would be so great and creative!
#22  February 15, 2012, 09:26:54 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
I already know that Shredder is going to be a wip of Dcat.
The fact he made this thread kind of made that obvious now didn't it :P
#23  February 15, 2012, 11:18:23 am
  • Koi.
    • USA
    • Skype - Wizzy.WhipitWonderful
    • wizzywhipitwonderful.webs.com
Slow and steady wins the race, but there is a darkness... growing inside of me...

And if you provoke it...

I will slay you all.

Donate Here
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=B92JC32FZ5CME
#24  February 15, 2012, 11:31:43 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
Oh damn! I got the perfect stage for this Shredder in my Mugen already.

Definately gonna add him and Krang to my boss tiers in Mugen
#25  February 15, 2012, 07:53:11 pm
Foot soldiers for sure...but, don't forget about his two favorite henchmen...Bebop and Rocksteady!  They should make some sort of appearance in a special..maybe just firing their guns or appearing from both sides and ramming/crashing into each other (I remember that happening in the TMNT game when you fought them both) it would count as a hit to the opponent, but also look like they screwed it up as usual.   :sugoi:
#26  February 15, 2012, 09:36:16 pm
  • cool man
If Bebop&Rocksteady will be his assist chars, I liked the idea of Bebop doing shoulder smash and Rocksteady firing his gun :)
#27  February 16, 2012, 01:12:20 am
Hmm i dunno i think Bebop and Rocksteady could make good character themselves, What kind of voice would you give him, TV series, Movie quotes?

A special could be to call the fake shredder from the game, to help to bluff moves, the fake move wouldnt actually hit and would then instantly disappear.

Different colored foot soldiers could have different abilities, I imagine them as a Block based special much  a-la-Geese Howard from KOF which would depend on which kind of move you block.  For example Pink FS could Block and then counter an aerial attack, while the blue axeholder foot soldiers from the prehistoric level could punish a blocked low punch, a super version of this move could be to have two foot soldiers dropping from the top of the screen and while one grapples the enemy by the back, the other one would punch him a couple times until shredder finishes with a strong kick that send the enemy and the soldiers flying

For another super you could have the gun turret from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-9h_pFM6Jw
#28  February 16, 2012, 06:50:21 am
    • USA
Hmmm, he should have some colour seperation on his face and eyes aswell, for thoce who likes the modern, shadowed face, Shredder. Or the comic book Shredder, did'nt he also have a shadowed face? :S

BTW, an idea on his time over lose. There was an episode where had the opportunity to KILL the Turtles, but Krang ordered him to go someplace else. Shredder shouts angrily into the walkie talkie device, stomping the ground like an angry child over not getting to kill the Turtles.

That would be the awesome "Turtles on Trial" episode from the third season!

Color separation on the face/eyes would be a great idea for alternate color schemes.  Great observation, rukifellth!

Foot soldiers for sure...but, don't forget about his two favorite henchmen...Bebop and Rocksteady!  They should make some sort of appearance in a special..maybe just firing their guns or appearing from both sides and ramming/crashing into each other (I remember that happening in the TMNT game when you fought them both) it would count as a hit to the opponent, but also look like they screwed it up as usual.   :sugoi:

Oh, I loved it when Rocks and Bebop ended up hurting themselves trying to crush the turtles.  That fact makes me think it would be funny if R&B helper attacks/specials had the possibility of backfiring on Shredder on occasion, like accidentally restoring a turtles' health or damaging Shredder as opposed to the intended target.  Would something like that be either feasible or practical, dcat?
#29  February 16, 2012, 07:14:08 am
  • Video Game Veteran
  • Can you do it? SUREYOUCAN!
    • USA
    • gcnmario.free.fr
Super Shredder unfortunately is not something that is possible to do properly in Mugen right now.  If he gets hit or thrown as SS he will use the gethits from his normal form due to engine constraints.  The only way around this would be giving him hyper armor and unthrowable which would be plain unfair to grapplers.

Well, I think I had a problem like with with Vent/Aile transformations. One of the ways I worked around this was to show the transformed sprites as a helper type in front of the root character. then turn the root character invisible until the root character is out of a custom state. It probably be easier if I showed you what I was talking about. But this way, at least the transformed sprites would be shown, even though the sprites would probably not be binded correctly (ex. at the head, waist, etc).

Just an idea, or thought, just in case. :)

"You must defeat my flaming
dragon punch to stand a chance."
#30  February 16, 2012, 07:43:58 pm
If it can't be done..or would look strange, in case DCat ever creates Bebop or Rocksteady.  How about making it like scene that happens when Shredder loses, Rocksteady and Bebop say "Don't worry boss, we'll take care of him snort snort" and crash into each other like a pair of dummies.  And with some coding that scene wouldn't play during fights against a possible future Bebop or Rocksteady  :sugoi: 

Also how about instead of Shredder being knocked out after his life is gone, he makes one of his famous escapes (maybe on one of those drill transports) and says something like "You haven't seen the last of me...I'll get you next time"  Just would be classic cartoon villain..always escaping. ;D     
#31  February 17, 2012, 10:16:06 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Standing Kicks are complete, Thanks to Enscripture's Cyborg sheet for the sprite base

I've also posted on how to incorporate the RetroMutation anims in your characters HERE. It used the same special animation numbers as Thomas Hsieh's Anakaris, thanks to Jmorphman for the tip.

Rocksteady and Bebop might make appearances I'm still not sure whether they should be strikers just yet though.

Super Shredder unfortunately is not something that is possible to do properly in Mugen right now.  If he gets hit or thrown as SS he will use the gethits from his normal form due to engine constraints.  The only way around this would be giving him hyper armor and unthrowable which would be plain unfair to grapplers.

Well, I think I had a problem like with with Vent/Aile transformations. One of the ways I worked around this was to show the transformed sprites as a helper type in front of the root character. then turn the root character invisible until the root character is out of a custom state. It probably be easier if I showed you what I was talking about. But this way, at least the transformed sprites would be shown, even though the sprites would probably not be binded correctly (ex. at the head, waist, etc).

Just an idea, or thought, just in case. :)

Could including a second .SFF with Super Shredder Gethits be a workaround?
#32  February 17, 2012, 10:19:30 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
The mutation topic should go in tips and tutorials. You could even post it in Jmorphman's new optional animd topic.
#33  February 17, 2012, 10:58:14 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Those kicks look sexy. Nicely done so far.

Perhaps you could include a feign kick of sorts like Sagat has for his Forward (Medium) or Roundhouse (Fierce) kick. The Shredder was always a slimy trickster, so this would fit him perfectly.

Also, a nod to his "Cyber" variant from TMNT Tournament Fighters would be cool in the form of a move or winpose of sorts.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#34  February 17, 2012, 11:18:23 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Those kicks look sexy. Nicely done so far.

Perhaps you could include a feign kick of sorts like Sagat has for his Forward (Medium) or Roundhouse (Fierce) kick. The Shredder was always a slimy trickster, so this would fit him perfectly.

This is giving me lots of ideas now, thanks for reminding me of Saki's backstabbin' ways
#35  February 18, 2012, 03:23:41 pm
Dcat...you know the character called "White" (clown guy with a cane) from the Real Bout Fatal Fury series...Well, at the end of the 2nd round White looks like he has died, but he is still alive on his knees hurt and shoots out a bullet from his cane that will kill any character that gets hit by it.  If you jump it misses and you have to hit him one last time from him to really KO.  Would it be possible to add something like this to the Shredder?

If yes, it could be some sort of gun he pulls out..maybe even a gun that turns the opponents into small turtles, if it hits the Shredder could say "Tonight I dine on turtle soup" for his sneaky victory win.  Just thought of it since you two were talking about his trickster ways. 
#36  February 18, 2012, 03:30:17 pm
Dcat...you know the character called "White" (clown guy with a cane) from the Real Bout Fatal Fury series...Well, at the end of the 2nd round White looks like he has died, but he is still alive on his knees hurt and shoots out a bullet from his cane that will kill any character that gets hit by it.  If you jump it misses and you have to hit him one last time from him to really KO.  Would it be possible to add something like this to the Shredder?

If yes, it could be some sort of gun he pulls out..maybe even a gun that turns the opponents into small turtles, if it hits the Shredder could say "Tonight I dine on turtle soup" for his sneaky victory win.  Just thought of it since you two were talking about his trickster ways.

If you tried Rin & Bat's White, he has that move. I agree with Zingo. Not a bad idea. :D
#37  February 18, 2012, 04:39:24 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Excellent idea!
#38  February 18, 2012, 06:10:51 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
A one hit kill?? Sounds cheap to me. But with Dcat's talents, anything is possible.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#39  February 18, 2012, 06:23:35 pm
Thanks thanks on the good idea comments! 

Just hope Dcat can do something like that..and nope wouldn't be cheap to the point you would get annoyed from it.

In fact, it won't happen every single time (I believe it doesn't always happen with White and all you have to do is keep in mind he might attempt that trick at the end and you are fine) 

If you have faced Rin and Bat's White, you know it's easy to avoid but there are those few times he gets you.  Anyway, I think this fits Shredder so perfectly!
#40  February 18, 2012, 06:26:55 pm
    • USA
A one hit kill?? Sounds cheap to me. But with Dcat's talents, anything is possible.

Thanks thanks on the good idea comments! 

Just hope Dcat can do something like that..and nope wouldn't be cheap to the point you would get annoyed from it.

In fact, it won't happen every single time (I believe it doesn't always happen with White and all you have to do is keep in mind he might attempt that trick at the end and you are fine) 

If you have faced Rin and Bat's White, you know it's easy to avoid but there are those few times he gets you.  Anyway, I think this fits Shredder so perfectly!

I might be in the odd minority here, but I spend a lot of my time on Mugen's Watch Mode.  I think it's a good way to see how comparable characters are.  Would the CPU be able to recognize a post-battle desperation attack and get out of the way?

But I agree, an attack like that would fit Shredder perfectly!  If not a retro-mutagen ray gun, perhaps he could use a "thermite grenade" in reference to his final desperate attack in the very first TMNT comic book.