YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 247004 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#41  February 18, 2012, 07:39:10 pm
  • cool man
Great kicks - liked that stuff :) Also the idea of final dying attack is awesome too :)
Could including a second .SFF with Super Shredder Gethits be a workaround?
You mean It would be kinda super shredder's appearance only, or it will have different gameplay too?
#42  February 18, 2012, 09:51:06 pm
I might be in the odd minority here, but I spend a lot of my time on Mugen's Watch Mode.  I think it's a good way to see how comparable characters are.  Would the CPU be able to recognize a post-battle desperation attack and get out of the way?

If you are referring to my post..my suggestion with Shredder is not a post-battle attack...it happens at the near end of the 2nd round.  But yes, I have seen characters avoid it because he isn't completely dead (tiny bit of life left before KO) so the ai (won't be in a victory pose or stop etc) continues to fight, just hope they hit him before he gets them.  You could always download that White and see for yourself :)  And in case I some how confused myself with your question and completely went off track..sorry! o_O
Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 09:58:43 pm by Zingo
#43  February 18, 2012, 10:56:41 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmm.... I think the best implementation of the "Super" Shredder would be in a level 3 super move. To summarize, you guys are asking for a completely seperate character. One that shared screen time with Vanilla Ice for crying out loud!!  ;)

But yeah, some form of the Super Shredder would be pretty rad....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#44  February 18, 2012, 11:27:05 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
great project, i'll be following this :)
#45  February 20, 2012, 02:52:40 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Woah, I'm liking the looks of this, you had me at retro mutagen move comparable to Anakaris' curse! :) More TMNT characters are always a good thing. :)
#46  February 25, 2012, 11:22:44 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
indeed, now if we had a better casey jones for mugen or Karai...
#47  February 29, 2012, 05:02:51 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

New walking frames based off of SNES Tournament Fighters.
I'm thinking about incorporating stance switching into this character for a bit more depth perhaps and more attack variety. Gauntlet stance where Shredder just pounds on you with his arm blades and the classic Sword stance from the arcade... I'm still not sure what the defining difference (advantages, disadvantages) should be here beyond aesthetics, do you guys have any thoughts?
#48  February 29, 2012, 05:20:34 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
one question, why is shredder shirtless? Doesn't he wear a shirt throught the tmnt franchise? Just wanted to know, that's all
#49  February 29, 2012, 05:22:14 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Have one of the stances allow for rapid mashing attacks and the other be more for zoning.
#50  February 29, 2012, 05:23:36 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
#51  February 29, 2012, 05:28:29 pm
  • WIP: Tons and tons of IKEMEN stages
Current release: SF vs MK, fully interactive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bM9DpmVXOA
#52  February 29, 2012, 05:48:03 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
one question, why is shredder shirtless? Doesn't he wear a shirt throught the tmnt franchise? Just wanted to know, that's all

It's actually part of his colour seperation. All the different colours are so that people can make as diverse palettes as possible.
#53  February 29, 2012, 05:52:09 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
He probably referred to the torso versus arms colours, I know that when I look at them I cant tell if they are the same colour or different ones, but I blamed it on my eyes.
#54  February 29, 2012, 05:57:56 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
The original action figure was indeed shirtless with a purple cape. Google it, it was awesome.

I think Dcat should delve deeper into TMNT fandom and give the Shredder two stances: His sword stance which is based off of the Arcade game. His second stance should revolve around his staff, harkening back to the first film's rooftop battle. That would be awesome for both mid-distance and full-distance mind games.

Or maybe you could interpret two fighting stances that feature their own weapon attacks, very similar to Gen's style. So, mantis style would feature a staff and crane style would feature a sword. Different standard attacks apply to each stance as well.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#55  February 29, 2012, 06:06:30 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

Yeah its the color separation, arms and torso are separate colors but he'll be able to be shirtless in Mugen as well. I need to add separation to his eyes and face as well as hands.

Have one of the stances allow for rapid mashing attacks and the other be more for zoning.
Charge specials vs qcf and mash commands a la Gen.

Good ideas, that gives me a much clearer direction now...

@ Saikoro: you mean something like this ?

#56  February 29, 2012, 07:00:36 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
@ Saikoro: you mean something like this ?

Oh FUCK yeah!! Dude, that introductory dialogue with the Shredder always gives me goosebumps. But absolutely. Having a 2D interpretation of the Shredder using a metal staff against his opponents has never been done before. And the first film's Shredder battle is amazing. Not only do you have amazing material to gain ideas from, but you would be doing hardcore fans a great service.

More importantly, the Shredder moved gracefuly with that staff. Factor in moves that resemble elements like that of Kilik and Billy Kane (Strike/movement wise), and you have epic winnery.  :lugoi:

#57  February 29, 2012, 07:07:07 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I wouldnt use charge attacks and leave him with two stances ( maybe three?)
One for claws that favored mashing attacks, one for sword play that favored zoning , maybe one where he remained low to the ground that favoured poking while he sped away and had bigger dashes and basics that made him move a lot.
#58  February 29, 2012, 07:15:26 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
@Dcat: Yeah, you must be into color separation now, right? now you can make shredder helmetless :sugoi:
#59  February 29, 2012, 07:16:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
how would that even work
#60  February 29, 2012, 07:23:35 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Through great magics Iced.... :o