YesNoOk

unknown/asuka custom hits system (Read 17899 times)

Started by LM_MAVERIK, February 27, 2012, 07:51:25 am
Share this topic:
Re: unknown and asuka versus
#21  February 28, 2012, 02:23:58 am
  • Character Not Unlocked ~
    • Norway
    • Skype - crap-zapper
Don't forget, Mokojin, Unknown and Armour King lol
Well If he would go for Soul Calibur, I'd say Siegfried, Nightmare, Ivy, Taki or Mitsurugi is a better choise then Xianguha to represent the Soul Calibur Series, but let's not overload Maverik with wish requests  ;)
Previously known as;
Mugen-Ninja 2011-2014.
The Street Fighter 2014-2021.
#22  February 28, 2012, 03:24:47 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
If Maverick is going to do a DoA styled character, I vote for Ryu Hayabusa. And that female Master Chief.  ;P

Seriously, Hayabusa. Or, with DoA in mind, model some fiends from DoA (like that crazy fucking samurai boss dude) and give them DoA style movesets. That would be fucking amazing!!
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#23  February 28, 2012, 11:45:15 am
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
If Maverick is going to do a DoA styled character, I vote for Ryu Hayabusa. And that female Master Chief.  ;P

Seriously, Hayabusa. Or, with DoA in mind, model some fiends from DoA (like that crazy fucking samurai boss dude) and give them DoA style movesets. That would be fucking amazing!!

a lot of people seem to want hayabusa, I dunno never really liked him that much and im not a fan of halo  :P. That samurai thing your talking about would be tengu i think thats not a bad choice. But yeh if i do a DOA they will play like the doa style but at the same time be mixed with my style.

@crom-mugen ninja
no one has any love for hwang??? that guy was the best character in the soul series ;D
#24  February 28, 2012, 05:06:29 pm
  • Just a regular goon
@silentfailwhale

jan lee or law? who would you choose?

Usually I'd say Law. But there is only two DOA charecters in  Mugen. So I'd go with Jahn Lee.

Plus I made a Bruce Lee edit which is meant to be Law, It's only a soundpack and colour edit but it'll do for now.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#25  February 28, 2012, 05:25:48 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
His SHA SHA SHA WATAAAA !!! voice is priceless anyway ! :D
#26  February 28, 2012, 05:32:08 pm
I think a DoA character could put some balance in the cast in terms of type of characters and their special intros, for example, i think that since they´re are based in japanese folklore, Tengu could be a good match against against Fujin or Shoryuu, Gen Fu, the chinese wushu expert could be a nice rival for Onikage and Ayane which i remember you favorited in previous comments could be a good rival of Rikimaru

On another note i think Puck could have worthy adversaries on either Shoma Sawamura, Roberto Miura or Natsu Ayuhara from the Rival Schools project, another untapped 3d project!
#27  February 28, 2012, 05:37:23 pm
    • France
I really think a character such as Tengu is really not interesting in the DoA cast, knowing there are many other chars with much more interesting gameplay, and who are more iconic (Hayabusa, Ayane, Kasumi, Jann Lee or Zack).
#28  February 28, 2012, 06:06:12 pm
I really think a character such as Tengu is really not interesting in the DoA cast, knowing there are many other chars with much more interesting gameplay, and who are more iconic (Hayabusa, Ayane, Kasumi, Jann Lee or Zack).

I agree, my favorites: Christie, Hitomi and Lei Fang  aren't even considered in this list while their fighting styles are pretty awesome

Pd. Hitomi vs Asuka  and Bayman vs Bryan or Metal gear chars FTW!
#29  February 28, 2012, 06:10:11 pm
just a word from me.

mabe kenshin form samurai x PS2 is something that can be converted quit nicely with your style.
i think its a good idea to have a 3D kenshin but is just looks like it fits nice with your style of characters.
you dont have to take this as a request but just to give you an idea maverik.
#30  February 28, 2012, 06:23:11 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@blue monkey

ayane and kasumi are very likely on the cards and possibly leifang. Christe on the other hand.......i dunno. It will be a tough task to animate her since her moves are so awkward .  As for hitomi she is like a female paul phoenix in terms of raw power i didnt use her that much so I dont know her game style. All i know about hitomi is when she hits you, you end up flying several metres into a wall. But your suggestion of a asuka vs hitomi match up is intriguing ;D

I agree too. tengu is like a watered down devil jin sort of, and there is already a devil jin in this project.

just a word from me.

mabe kenshin form samurai x PS2 is something that can be converted quit nicely with your style.
i think its a good idea to have a 3D kenshin but is just looks like it fits nice with your style of characters.
you dont have to take this as a request but just to give you an idea maverik.

i know of the series but i never actually got into it. the only time i saw it was when i was in japan last summer.
if i had to pick a anime based character  I'd probably like to do a character from samurai shamploo.

@silentfailwhale

also jan lee believe it or not has better moves then law. gotta love that move where he stomps the shit out of them enter the dragon style.
#31  February 28, 2012, 06:29:26 pm
well it would be better to get samurai champloo finally in mugen go for it if you will make some from that seires.
#32  February 28, 2012, 06:32:28 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Oh and umm, how about Akira or El Blaze from Virtua Fighter 5 Mav?  ;P
No seriously, El Blaze could be King's Rival, well, it's just and idea.
Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 06:38:02 pm by Noside
#33  February 28, 2012, 06:48:57 pm
  • Just a regular goon
Oh and umm, how about Akira or El Blaze from Virtua Fighter 5 Mav?  ;P
No seriously, El Blaze could be King's Rival, well, it's just and idea.

I like the idea of Akira getting in. Not El Blaze though.
"What do you want?"
"My face on the one dollar bill"
The Joker in Batman (1989)
#34  February 28, 2012, 07:23:24 pm
@blue monkey

ayane and kasumi are very likely on the cards and possibly leifang. Christe on the other hand.......i dunno. It will be a tough task to animate her since her moves are so awkward .  As for hitomi she is like a female paul phoenix in terms of raw power i didnt use her that much so I dont know her game style. All i know about hitomi is when she hits you, you end up flying several metres into a wall. But your suggestion of a asuka vs hitomi match up is intriguing ;D

Indeed, Christie snake style much like Tekken´s Zafina arachnid moves and Voldo´s moves are tough to follow and  are designed to keep the enemy guessing, they re my favorite type of character and even tough they could be hard to get they would add variety in the fighting styles of the game.

On the other end Hitomi plays with a traditional style of Karate and has some Judo moves, much like Akira from Virtua Fighter or Makoto from SF3, she is a heavy hitter but i think she could be a good counter part on Asuka´s swifter Aikido
#35  February 28, 2012, 08:27:22 pm
hey cvs the abstract i love your work but i did anounce that i will realese every popular and mabe all the soul calibur character for mugen in cvs style so just to let you know. im not saying that you cant but i just want people to get my character and with greens ivy style as and original style for soul calibur mugen. i am now working on taki then after her i will make seigfrei since he is the main characters of the seires. another taki would be better with soul calibur moves and sounds both english and jap mabe by laharl or alexei. well hope you make something like steve fox.

or maybe, since he is planning on making a tekken vs street fighter game, you two could collar in your project Super Dragon Blade, that could help you finish the spiriting it faster and concentrate in other matters like gameplay and such sooner
#36  February 28, 2012, 08:50:07 pm
sorry i ment to post this on cvs the abstract's trend and anyway i decided to start a full game called soul calibur vs. tekken project created by me. im not going to realese  this into the public untill all the characters in the game is sprited. drgonof (forgot how to spell his name) lars will be better then tekken 6 because i did not like that lars buit this one will be better, each character that people did not like in the twio seires will be better in mugen. now i have good rivalies with tekken and soul calibur. this way i can get tekken and soul calibur in mugen. they are most wanted by people.
#37  February 28, 2012, 08:53:06 pm
the soul calibur characters gameplay will be the same as greens ivy and the tekken characters game play will just be similar to sf x t but with a system i will make up an it will be called freestyle fury with you can chain any combos when that dont connect
Re: unknown/asuka Video
#38  February 29, 2012, 12:59:30 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
Asuka video here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXUh7wVCKAs

blue monkey

i see what you mean about guessing characters, tsumiko actually fits under the unorthodox guessing type too. since she has multiple stances. the thought of animating voldo or zafina is quite daunting lol. but it will be a challenge.  Christe not so much since i can get lots of capoeira reference

@super dragon

better then tekken 6 lars? you probably dont like lars because his combos and strategies rely on spacings, if lars is fighting in a small stage he is pretty much screwed over against a pro opponent. will be interesting to see how your lars turns out

@silentfailwhale

lol akira is basically a wannabe ryu. I could think of some hilarious interactions between ryu and akira ;D
Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:12:39 pm by LM_MAVERIK
#39  February 29, 2012, 01:08:46 pm
    • France
Looking good.

The cornerpush on a move or two sent her half way accros the screen, so you may want to fix this.
Gameplay looks very loose, but I'm no Tekken player (never liked it), so maybe it feels like that in Tekken.

A little off-topic : did you make the stage with your usual 3D delta method ? Looks like the kind of stage where a simple parallax can easily do the trick (which is what you may have done anyway). The transition between gray ground and black (shadows/dark) in the corner cruelly lacks smoothness. I know Mugen is shit when dealing with gradients, but this looks more like colorloss coming from your sprites directly. You should try cutting the sprites (jigsaw method) or using the RGB method) to avoid killing the colors too much.
#40  February 29, 2012, 01:21:16 pm
    • UK
    • strides2glory.com/
@cybaster

-yeh the corner push has to be high with asuka otherwise she can corner trap the opponent by spamming the move.

-the gameplay is a free combo system like tekken. So there arent any restrictions besides the moves that have long cool down time.  There are moves that cannot be done twice in a row on the opponent like the "bound/bounce attack"

-the stage.

the stage is done via the same delta method. so the colourloss comes directly from the sprites. But I have since fixed that by reducing the shades and gradients to almost zero. Mugen has a very nasty way of dealing with shades of the same colour.