YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 246997 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#61  February 29, 2012, 07:23:43 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Well, the Shredder's helmet came off in the NES conversion of the arcade game when he was ready to be defeated. I think an intro with him putting his helmet ON would fit better.
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#62  February 29, 2012, 07:24:49 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
That was in all versions, mate.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#63  February 29, 2012, 07:31:15 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#64  March 02, 2012, 05:28:39 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Sprited some more attacks and intermediate frames, the stylistic quality seems to improve the more and more of these I make. That taunt/stance change anim is still pretty lacking though. 

My attempt at a feign kick, hits high then low in MUGEN with Shredder gaining lots of forward momentum during the second kick. The first kick will usually whiff on the cpu controlled turtles if they block, thus opening them up to the second hit. I'm still playing around with how to best configure this.
#65  March 02, 2012, 06:09:35 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
awesome job broski :D just a question or suggestion regarding his voice....You know Cooler's voice from dbz could fit him quite well imo im talking bout his final form voice btw lol just saying :P
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#66  March 02, 2012, 09:08:26 pm
Sprited some more attacks and intermediate frames, the stylistic quality seems to improve the more and more of these I make. That taunt/stance change anim is still pretty lacking though. 

My attempt at a feign kick, hits high then low in MUGEN with Shredder gaining lots of forward momentum during the second kick. The first kick will usually whiff on the cpu controlled turtles if they block, thus opening them up to the second hit. I'm still playing around with how to best configure this.

awesome, i would only adjust that the feet are sitting at the same height in the uppercut
#67  March 02, 2012, 10:37:53 pm
It looks awesome!!!  :)

Will he have his cape too???

#68  March 02, 2012, 10:45:05 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#69  March 02, 2012, 10:56:34 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Its gonna be just another one of those OK characters that Dcat makes.

Nothing big here.

:curtain:
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#70  March 02, 2012, 11:01:01 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Dcat is making my childhood come alive here. Not only do I have playable Turtles AND Krang, but now the Shredder!!

I would love to see you, Dcat, make Bebop, Rocksteady, Metal Head, the Rat King and Baxter Stockman. Or Usagi Yojimbo. All of these are awesome in theory. Just saying...  ;D

#71  March 02, 2012, 11:18:20 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#72  March 03, 2012, 12:02:23 am
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
Dcat is making my childhood come alive here. Not only do I have playable Turtles AND Krang, but now the Shredder!!

I would love to see you, Dcat, make Bebop, Rocksteady, Metal Head, the Rat King and Baxter Stockman. Or Usagi Yojimbo. All of these are awesome in theory. Just saying...  ;D
i agree with that... THE best chars!!! :D
#73  March 03, 2012, 02:57:08 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico

What about Slash Bro!?  >:(
#74  March 03, 2012, 03:04:20 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
BAH!! I forgot about him. I suppose he would be sweet. But the other listed guys, to me anyway, have some more flair. Slash is more of a joke villain.

#75  March 03, 2012, 03:15:05 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#76  March 03, 2012, 05:01:56 am
BAH!! I forgot about him. I suppose he would be sweet. But the other listed guys, to me anyway, have some more flair. Slash is more of a joke villain.

Joke only for the cartoon of the 80´s perhaps, but in the comics and the other animation he was a badass, he can kick all the other villains butts easily
#77  March 03, 2012, 07:26:27 am
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/

Its gonna be just another one of those OK characters that Dcat makes.

Nothing big here. :curtain:

The heck is this supposed to mean?!?

I'm relatively new around here, so I'll just assume you're making an inside joke that I don't understand.

Everything I've seen dcat make on Mugen is great, but his TMNT line takes the cake.  When people think of Shredder characters in Mugen, the horribly broken "Psycho Shredder" comes to mind.  Dcat is finally giving us something balanced and visually appealing.
#78  March 03, 2012, 08:38:16 am

What about LeatherHead?  You forgot him lol.  But seriously, how could you forget about Splinter :P
Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 08:41:24 am by Zingo
#79  March 03, 2012, 03:01:09 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Man!! I forgot about Leatherhead. And the fact that Slash was badass. I'm surely feeling dated, that's for sure.

Someone should make joke versions of Tokka and Razar that are joke iterations of their Secret of the Ooze counterparts. Which includes Vanilla Ice somewhere.

#80  March 03, 2012, 03:58:25 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
Well, the Shredder's helmet came off in the NES conversion of the arcade game when he was ready to be defeated. I think an intro with him putting his helmet ON would fit better.
I was considering having his helmet fall off for a lose pose / time over animation.

awesome job broski :D just a question or suggestion regarding his voice....You know Cooler's voice from dbz could fit him quite well imo im talking bout his final form voice btw lol just saying :P

Dcat said:
And he GOTTA sound like the Uncle Phil Shredder. He would compliment Krang nicely. You could also use dialogue from the show for some hilarious introduction banter.
I've ripped more James Avery Shredder audio than I know what to do with.

His main voice is going to be from James Avery's portrayal of Shredder in the classic 1987 cartoon.  That being said, I may need to edit additional clips from foreign source material as I go along. Do you have a link to Cooler's voice as an example, there's so many dubs of DBZ and I haven't seen any movies beyond the first few, its hard to know which particular voice you're referring to.

Will he have his cape too???

@ NX-MEN: Please refer to this link.

oldmanwinters said:
When people think of Shredder characters in Mugen, the horribly broken "Psycho Shredder" comes to mind.

My sentiments exactly, hopefully this version will be a welcome alternative.

I appreciate the kind words but frankly, I'm slow as molasses when it comes to making characters; they usually clock in at a year and some change each given my current track record not counting successive updates. I wouldn't hold my breath as far as expecting all of these characters down the pipeline, the spriting alone would be a massive undertaking. Even humoring the idea kind of makes my head hurt... There's nothing stopping you guys from making these characters though, no need to wait on me.

I'm glad you guys are excited about the project, the enthusiasm has gotten me pretty fired up too.

The crouching punches are looking good, lacking a few interstitial frames but I like the motions so far. Shredder's empty anims are filling in rather nicely and I'm getting more comfortable with the sprites aesthetics-wise. Also color separation for his face and hands has been/will be present from this point out.