YesNoOk

Shredder WIP (Read 246991 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#81  March 03, 2012, 07:12:33 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Fantastic work as usual man. And I'm certainly not going to hold my breath over who I would like to see. Those characters are the "fanboy-in-me" suggestions. If the Shredder happens to be your last character (which would suck), I'd be happy with such an amazing sendoff. By all means, take your time!!

How did James Avery sound again??

And considering how all of us are familiar with cyber/psycho versions of him, you should throw in some humorous nods here and there. And just as with Krang flashing red before KO, maybe having Shredder's helmet come off sounds like a sweet idea. Perhaps an intro where he puts it on, similar to Capcom's Magneto??

FULL COLOR SEPARATION!? Ah man, I see a slew of badass palettes coming around with a black eyeline, similar to the TMNT cartoon reissue circa early 2000.  :sugoi:
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#82  March 03, 2012, 08:00:19 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

??? ???
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#83  March 03, 2012, 08:02:34 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Now that is an awesome alt palette. :)
#84  March 03, 2012, 08:04:17 pm
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/
#85  March 03, 2012, 08:10:29 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Fuck yes!! Make ones based off of:

His TMNT movie appearance (that off purple)

His Action Figure appearance (Shirtless, blue armour, purple garb)

His cartoon appearance (grey top, black pants)

His TMNT tourney fighters appearance (a play off of his film appearances)

And a few of his arcade appearances.

Epic stuff Max. You the man!!

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#86  March 03, 2012, 08:16:24 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

Glad you liked it Dcat.

I based it on this costume which I think is the one Saikoro mentioned earlier...circa 2000?

But then again in some places it has a more aqua blue hue instead of blacks and greys.

I'll see if I can come up with some more, but don't take it for granted...but I'm pretty sure the famous palette crew around these parts will jump on it before I do. :P They are a talented bunch of people regardless and I'm pretty sure they will not dissapoint.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
#87  March 03, 2012, 08:21:41 pm
#88  March 03, 2012, 08:22:08 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Word. Both of these pieces would warrant palettes. I say make two variants.

#89  March 03, 2012, 08:23:28 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico

He grabs Dr. Stockman (before mutation) and sez "Good ridance of Baaad rubish!" Lol  ;P
#90  March 05, 2012, 01:52:26 am
#91  March 05, 2012, 02:00:09 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Now that is coming together smoothly!
#92  March 05, 2012, 02:29:30 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
I see what you mean by "too early to post." Although he obviously looks rough due to being so preliminary, he already exhibits that smoothness in his combo ability. Nice!!

Is it me, or does he appear a little too tall??

#93  March 05, 2012, 02:45:52 am
#94  March 05, 2012, 02:59:34 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Ah. I see.

Also, that intro with his cape coming off. You should implement that as well.  :sugoi:

MDD

#95  March 05, 2012, 03:54:49 am
  • OG Pallette Goon
  • Only here for one night let me put it on ya face
So when can we expect a palette template? Seeing Maxbeta do the 2k3 color made me realize a world of stuff can be done with this separation.
#96  March 05, 2012, 01:27:18 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
So when can we expect a palette template? Seeing Maxbeta do the 2k3 color made me realize a world of stuff can be done with this separation.

I'm with MC2. Once he gets his hands on a palette template, magic happens. And Shredder will look great with plenty of options.

#97  March 05, 2012, 04:07:00 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Holy hell I just saw the youtube vid, I didn't know he was that big !  :wtfgoi:
#98  March 05, 2012, 04:55:09 pm
  • (o.O)!
  • MadkaT Was Here
    • Guernsey
    • a@b.xxx
    • Skype - admin
    • network.mugenguild.com/madkat
His sprites look like ryu :P
<- Foros Mugen en español. And also English forums.
#99  March 05, 2012, 05:39:07 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
^And if you look closely, that's exactly who some of Tournament Fighter (SNES) Cyber Shredder's sprites were modeled after. ;)

The Idle stance, walk and get up anims are practically identical.

His stance from the Arcade game is more open and relaxed because he holds that light saber with one hand.

Dcat mentioned earlier that he might implement the 2 stances...one for his fighting mode and the other for a weapon mode, but don't take my word for it.
Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 05:47:43 pm by MaxBeta
#100  March 05, 2012, 05:56:00 pm

Like I said before, I don't often ask for palettes, and especially at this point in Shredder's development it feels way too soon to be making any requests. I kinda hate when a topic derails into a huge palette posting thread, I'll post the template later down the pipeline- my main focus is building a substantial enough foundation of sprites for the character to actually exist first.

Holy hell I just saw the youtube vid, I didn't know he was that big !  :wtfgoi:

Keep in mind, my turtle characters aren't the standard Kung Fu Man height. In the first series of cartoons the turtles were always shorter than humans (I remember April O'neil was a head taller than them). I've always intended Shredder to clock in at around the height he's depicted in the video. I think everyone's confusing SNES Tournament Fighter and the movie proportions with how they think Shredder should look in relation to the turtles. I'm not going by these iterations, I'm using a refined model from the Turtles in Time arcade game, you guys worry too much. 8)

His sprites look like ryu :P

That's only 'cause there's so few of them and I've been using that Cyborg sheet at the moment. It's nothing to pull a :P emoticon over though, just as with Krang I'll be using multiple sprite bases for Shredder in addition to completely original scratch sprites so I'm sure you'll see poses reminiscent of other fighters as well. I don't believe it'll be too large of an issue in MUGEN since his gameplay will be anything but that of a shotoclone.