YesNoOk

Transgenders now allowed to compete in Miss Universe Pageant (Read 4633 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, April 10, 2012, 10:21:51 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Transgenders now allowed to compete in Miss Universe Pageant
#41  April 11, 2012, 06:52:25 pm
    • Thailand
That's what some people say happened during the Obama election. They say, "[Some people are so filled with the idea of being politically correct, SO they don't make the 'best choice.']" That is, of course, under the condition that the "best choice" is not subjective.

#42  April 11, 2012, 07:29:21 pm
  • Sunglasses Security Guy is watching you necrobump.
    • x-ism.co.cc/index.html
But you brought gay people into this when this topic is about transgender people. You obviously incorrectly lump then into the same category. I know what the point of your post is. But that doesn't change my point.

I don't know what you mean by "is that more PC for you." but it sounds pretty stupid.

Actually, Sir did that. I was making a point based off his assumption that gay people and transgendered people would vote in favor of a transgendered contestant. Now, does that change your point, knowing that I was making a point based off of an incorrect point made by Sir?
#43  April 11, 2012, 07:48:06 pm
    • Thailand
I already addressed that.
Re: Chicks with dicks now allowed to compete in Miss Universe Pageant
#44  April 11, 2012, 08:53:26 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
It's not about getting panties in bunches, it's about you not knowing what you're posting about and using childish antics to display your ignorance.

"Chicks with dicks" is such a stupid fucking phrase and many people don't understand the facts behind transsexualism, transgenderism and even intersex.

So why not get it out in the open and let me and the other people on this forum, including it's transgendered readers, know what is your opinion of these people that you mock and laugh at?

he obviously has none because he never thought about it. don't push the issue :P

I should have seen this coming. I tried to stay neutral here but I guess I couldn't help but bring the flak on myself. Lets just say that I had a traumatic experience during my early years which more or less shaped my views on transgenderism and leave it at that, since I'm not one to talk about my personal life nor am I going to allow myself to be mocked because of it. Then again, such is to be expected here when some of the staff see mental disabilities as a joke (yes I'm aware of the context of that post but that's besides the point. I could start an argument about how they're in no position to call me out about my views of transgenders but I won't go there.)

Hopefully that third sentence will answer Caddie's question without making it look like I'm dodging the question (pun not intended). Then again the damage to my reputation here is already done, nothing I can do about that now.
Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 09:00:58 pm by RicePigeon
#45  April 11, 2012, 09:01:12 pm
    • Thailand
I don't think your reputation is damaged from anything in this thread.

I don't know what kind of traumatic experience you could have had that made you laugh at people because they're transgender. And I can't think of any traumatic experience that would justify said laughter, either.
#46  April 11, 2012, 09:15:21 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
I don't think your reputation is damaged from anything in this thread.

I don't know what kind of traumatic experience you could have had that made you laugh at people because they're transgender. And I can't think of any traumatic experience that would justify said laughter, either.

I never said I laughed at them, but it's not my intention to offend them either. As far as the experience is concerned, I won't go into too much detail, but it's enough to make it difficult for me to stay neutral when talking about it.
#47  April 11, 2012, 09:28:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Yep, me making fun at the internet brand of autism is the same as mocking the trangendered.

You should really just have limited to saying that a traumatic experience that you dont want to go much into had made you hold an unfair bias towards trangendered persons, it wouldnt explain it but it would be weird enough that most people wouldnt question it.

Mog

#48  April 11, 2012, 09:34:58 pm
You guys mock everyone from Americans to christians to women to zebras.  With good reason I'm sure.

:bow:
#49  April 11, 2012, 09:36:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
We never mock bearded truckers.
#50  April 11, 2012, 09:50:56 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
only women that pose with ducklips. they deserve it

OZ

#51  April 11, 2012, 09:53:34 pm
  • ಠ_ಠ
You guys mock everyone from Americans to christians to women to zebras.  With good reason I'm sure.

:bow:

we are very tolerant of, and sensitive to the feelings of our zebra users

your accusations are unfounded sir
ಠ_ಠ
#52  April 11, 2012, 09:55:04 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#53  April 11, 2012, 10:38:42 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#54  April 11, 2012, 11:09:37 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
I had a longer more elaborate post written out with Phoenix Wright sprites, complete with Navetsea as a prosecuting attorney, and Jmorphman telling me I'm the sexiest man alive, but my browser crashed and I'm too lazy to reconstruct it so we're just gonna have to settle with the short version with the only sprite I still had on my clipboard:

I never said I laughed at them

This just gave me one more reason to laugh at it.

#55  April 11, 2012, 11:16:17 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
he has reasons to laugh, but he has yet to laugh at them.
#56  April 11, 2012, 11:16:22 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
#57  April 11, 2012, 11:19:02 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
He clearly said laughing at the pageant, not TG people.  Context is important when quoting people.
#58  April 11, 2012, 11:20:57 pm
    • Thailand
He said allowing transgender people in the pageant gave him a reason to laugh.

Context is important when white knighting people.

Been watching Human Centipede, I see.
Yes. Recently. But I still don't know why I used that as an example. =p
#59  April 11, 2012, 11:24:12 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
If I wanted to white knight him, I'd try to justify him disliking transgendered people, which I'm not.

If you're going to come down on him, do so because he laughed at the pageant for having TG people, which came out of his own mouth.  Do not do so for a fabricated twist of his words.
#60  April 11, 2012, 11:31:23 pm
    • Thailand
What are you talking about? You keep trying to be so self-righteous. Why don't you just shut up for once? Nobody twisted his words.

Him laughing at the pageant for accepting transgender people is minutely, if at all, different than just laughing at transgender people. Stop playing this stupid semantics game when it doesn't apply.