YesNoOk

Street fighter before ono (Read 5489 times)

Started by Bastard Mami, April 20, 2012, 12:58:14 am
Share this topic:
Re: Street fighter before ono
#41  April 22, 2012, 12:05:22 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
You realize I'm joking since it's kinda common knowledge everything Dee Jay did in SFA3 was non-canon, right? Otherwise Sagat would've been dead too.

Basically I was joking around with a common point of ridicule of Dee Jay's character is that instead of showing him as a strong fighter aesthetically (ie: Ryu channeling his energy into fireballs, Dhalsim stretching his limbs, Blanka fighting like a beast), they do it by ham-fisted storylines where he's just somehow able to take down series mainstays easily when common sense says he's crap and was slapped together with no thought on design.

some may actaully believe it, I don't think alot of people here played the game for the story
#42  April 22, 2012, 12:26:49 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Devil Raptor B: Stop acting as if you were the LAW in SF. SF4 was a EPIC retcon to the SF story. People here has played SF since the SF2 or even from SF1. We actually know the story behind and etc. SFZ2 retcons SFZ1m, SF3:GA retcons SF3:NG, OF COURSE, but not at the same point as SF4.

Mistakes that SF4 has:
- Dolls: They find the freedom after Cammy/Killer Bee's sacrifice in the end of SFZ3. So, Doll agents in SSF4 are not possible.
- Sagat "was" beaten by Dan in SFZ2. And I sea "was" because Sagat left Dan to win the fight, since his wish of reveange blinded the jap/chinese guy too much for being focused in a real fight.
- Rose and Vega(M.Bison) are dead during SF4. Teir souls are connected, and when Gouki/Akuma executed the SGS on the dictator in the end of SF2...well, they both died. Till the moment, Vega's essence was "alive", since his soul was going from one body to other, ut SGS attacks the soul itself.
- After Vega's dead, Shadowlaw went into Bison's(balrog, boxer) hands, who ruined it.
- Because of this, Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, T.Hawk and etc doesn't have a real motivation to enter the tournament, since their nemesis has dead.
- etc etc stuff I forgot now.

Street fighter before ono was THE F***ING SHIT

They made a game with serious characters. If that's a Shiat for you, then play Rakuga Kids, you'll be more OK with it. OR, create your own game.

became instint classic that Capcom kept remaking more times then we could take

That's why they re-did SF4 with SSF4 and SSF4:AE. Brilliant.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#43  April 22, 2012, 12:51:02 pm
  • You Can't Handle The Truth!
    • www.youtube.com/user/DevilRaptorB
- Devil Raptor B: Stop acting as if you were the LAW in SF. SF4 was a EPIC retcon to the SF story. People here has played SF since the SF2 or even from SF1. We actually know the story behind and etc. SFZ2 retcons SFZ1m, SF3:GA retcons SF3:NG, OF COURSE, but not at the same point as SF4.
the old gamers know for sure, I dunno about the newcomers here, so im not really trying to be the LAW in SF,  clearly your not understanding me

Street fighter before ono was THE F***ING SHIT

They made a game with serious characters. If that's a Shiat for you, then play Rakuga Kids, you'll be more OK with it. OR, create your own game.

dude , when I said its was the F***ing Shit , it was another way of saying it was damn awesome
#44  April 22, 2012, 01:04:04 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Mistakes that SF4 has:
- Dolls: They find the freedom after Cammy/Killer Bee's sacrifice in the end of SFZ3. So, Doll agents in SSF4 are not possible.
and the twelve dolls are gone in sf4, down to t hawk searching for juli that has gone missing since sfa3?
- Sagat "was" beaten by Dan in SFZ2. And I sea "was" because Sagat left Dan to win the fight, since his wish of reveange blinded the jap/chinese guy too much for being focused in a real fight.
And in sfa3 he was out to get sagat to join his dojo, and in sf4 he was out to get some publicity to his dojo, it also explained why he wasnt in sf2, his phone had been cut off for lack of paying.

- Rose and Vega(M.Bison) are dead during SF4. Teir souls are connected, and when Gouki/Akuma executed the SGS on the dictator in the end of SF2...well, they both died. Till the moment, Vega's essence was "alive", since his soul was going from one body to other, ut SGS attacks the soul itself.
Thats assuming shungokusatsu works that way, which was only on plot books, a martial arts move that "kills the soul" is a pretty iffy thing, specially considering how bison transfering his soul between bodies had been shown before. Even if bison soul had been "dragged to hell" that still dosnt say that rose soul was, since they have been divided for a while and its not like what happens to one happens to another.
If shungokusatsu killed the soul forever
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTZ82NG63uM
why was bison in sf2?

- After Vega's dead, Shadowlaw went into Bison's(balrog, boxer) hands, who ruined it.

Plot guide you read on the internet, translated from plot guides released in japan, not really something shown in game.

- Because of this, Chun Li, Guile, Cammy, T.Hawk and etc doesn't have a real motivation to enter the tournament, since their nemesis has dead.
Any fighting game character wont have a "motivation" to show in a fighting game until you sketch up one. If "their story is done" was a thing, you would have a full cast of new characters every episode of a fighting game out.
From vampire hunter to vampire savior you would lose donovan ( become a devil story is done) , phobos ( was the boss, failed, story is done) , felicia ( is a superstar meow meow story is done ) , rikuo ( got his family back, story is done ) , hsienko ( ressurected in new bodies, story is done) , bishamon ( contained armor, story is done)  etc etc etc...
Fighting games have paper thin motivations.
#45  April 22, 2012, 03:34:17 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
ken is cool cause his souryoken has fires coming out of his fists. does ryu have that? i thought so
#46  April 22, 2012, 07:05:38 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
- Devil Raptor B: LOL. I misunderstood the "the Sh*t" thing, my apologizes.

- Iced:
[Dolls]: in her SFZ3 ending, Cammy gives freedom to the dolls, "sacrificing" herself. If this ending its not canon, Vega's "dead" could be the trigger to de-activate the PsychoDrive, so it's a "yes-yes, we're free!" situation IMHO.

[Sagat/Dan]: You're totally right.

[Rose/Vega]: Dunno where I read it(MAYBE Vasili's guide, dunno), the SGS attacks the soul, and ONLY Gen was able to survive it because of an abbility(whatever) he has. Vega was not prepared to this during SF2(only canon fight they had), and given his and Rose's soul are linked(because of the good side etc), Vega's dead is 100% sure, not at all with Rose(since vega doesn't has a good side right now). So in SF2, Vega's soul hasn't had the chance to be "transfered" to another body, since it was in it.
SFZ3 ending is somehow a mixture of some of them, being the canon where he dies because of the explossions, but...it seems this to be parallel to his fight against Rose, transfering his soul into her, and her being saved by Guy(who felt the presence).

[Bison]: I read it somewhere, but not 100% sure. I'll check it again :).

[Not returning characters]: Well, Guile, T.Hawk, Cammy etc are not back in SF3. ONLY Chun, and because of her motivation to fight against Urien...who kidnapped that little girl.

I swear there was something cool here!!
#47  April 22, 2012, 07:19:57 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
[Dolls]: in her SFZ3 ending, Cammy gives freedom to the dolls, "sacrificing" herself. If this ending its not canon, Vega's "dead" could be the trigger to de-activate the PsychoDrive, so it's a "yes-yes, we're free!" situation IMHO.
According to the Juri OAV, the Dolls were still working for Bison up to the SFIV era. So Cammy never got a chance to free them.

[Not returning characters]: Well, Guile, T.Hawk, Cammy etc are not back in SF3. ONLY Chun, and because of her motivation to fight against Urien...who kidnapped that little girl.
But there's really no reason that says they couldn't have returned; at the bare minimum they could just be there because they want to improve their skills or something. There is nothing storyline-wise that actually prevents them from coming back.
#48  April 22, 2012, 08:15:11 pm
[Rose/Vega]: Dunno where I read it(MAYBE Vasili's guide, dunno), the SGS attacks the soul, and ONLY Gen was able to survive it because of an abbility(whatever) he has. Vega was not prepared to this during SF2(only canon fight they had), and given his and Rose's soul are linked(because of the good side etc), Vega's dead is 100% sure, not at all with Rose(since vega doesn't has a good side right now). So in SF2, Vega's soul hasn't had the chance to be "transfered" to another body, since it was in it.
Sorry, all of that is wrong. The SGS doesn't attack the soul (there's never been any canonical explanation), Vega's and Rose's souls aren't linked to the point that one dying means the other dies too (and there's never been solid info saying how they were linked beyond the two being split from the same soul), and nobody in canon said Vega died for sure in SF2, the soul transfer was not impossible (please keep in mind that the whole soul thing didn't exist in SF2 so you're wrong by default, and the Turbo X something on GBA did not close the door on that, as far as I remember). Or at most, in SF2 everyone probably expected him to be really dead (without any official canon info on it), but someone changed their mind and there's no contradiction anywhere.
Please point out the game scene, the manual, or the official statement that says otherwise if you disagree.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 08:23:16 pm by Carpe Diem
#49  April 22, 2012, 10:10:21 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
According to the Juri OAV, the Dolls were still working for Bison up to the SFIV era. So Cammy never got a chance to free them.

What juri oav?

[EDIT]
nvm, googled it, it's an ono thing, after he retconned everything.

[EDIT]
afaik, thawk is completely unrelated to juri, they just used her sprite//character as a place holder for noembelu.
#50  April 22, 2012, 10:29:47 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
@Iced: According to SF2 (or at least the terrible Gameboy Advance port), Mike Bison took over Shadaloo after Vega got killed, and he indeed did drive it into the ground. The ending even shows him thrown out on the streets crying about how he lost the massive corporation he inherited.

Don't quote me on this, but I'm guessing the reason most people don't know that is because in the English SF2 games, when Mike Bison won, his ending simply stated that he proved the American dream was still alive... While the graphics on the bottom show the Shadaloo army assembling.
Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:36:35 pm by Jango
#51  April 22, 2012, 10:35:13 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
afaik, thawk is completely unrelated to juri, they just used her sprite//character as a place holder for noembelu.
As soon as they used Juli, T Hawk started to be related to her. The current explanation is, IIRC, that Juli is T. Hawk's girlfriend and Noembelu is a member of his tribe.
#52  April 22, 2012, 10:38:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
current explanation ~ street fighter before ono
#53  April 23, 2012, 01:07:01 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
You act like Ono is in charge of everything related to Street Fighter.  He only directs the games, which he has done a somewhat questionable job on, he doesn't do anything to the plot or character designs.
#54  April 23, 2012, 01:20:41 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
But he's not the director. He's the producer.
He's in charge of overseeing all the development of the games the outsourced companies are handling.
He greenlights dev ideas, which get greenlit by his superiors.
Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 01:23:42 am by oily surprises
#55  April 23, 2012, 01:30:35 am
    • USA
You act like Ono is in charge of everything related to Street Fighter.  He only directs the games, which he has done a somewhat questionable job on, he doesn't do anything to the plot or character designs.

which reminds me... who was the composer? Hideyuki Fukasawa?

Ever since he hopped on board in SF4 there was nothing but very bland remixes of the characters, sure capcom has done this since the beginning, but now it's more noticeable, i just wished he could pop out a few new songs from scratch from time to time (that isn't the stages' of course).
#56  April 23, 2012, 02:14:57 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I wish he went back to his Chaos Legion quality.
#57  April 23, 2012, 02:31:29 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
Yeah me too actually.
Chaos Legion sounded like an actual fucking orchestra.
What he does now is like babby's first song in ableton live mostly because he lazily recycles a rather weak set of instruments.
Though his non-game musical work these days is some pretty raw electronica, he should try something else for fighters.
#58  April 23, 2012, 02:44:02 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#59  April 23, 2012, 02:52:21 am
  • EL FUCKO GRANDE
  • I'm back, nerds
    • Canada
But Fukusawa's ups weren't consistent. Honestly I didn't have a problem with his stuff until like SSFIV when you could notice the templates he had done.
Spoiler: mahvel (click to see content)