YesNoOk

Gouken -SSF4: AE 2012- 8-6-2012 Update (Read 32493 times)

Started by Mr. I, April 24, 2012, 05:43:21 am
Share this topic:
Gouken -SSF4: AE 2012- 8-6-2012 Update
#1  April 24, 2012, 05:43:21 am
    • Canada
This character was updated on August 6, 2012

The first update change log is as follows
- Wake up/reversal move timing made more strict
- Most of the special move commands were made slightly more strict
- Fixed a bug with demon flip grab where if the opponent held forward, they would continue
  moving forward
- Fixed a bug where only one winpose would be performed. Gouken now performs all 3 at random
- Enabled auto correction for specials, supers, and ultras
- Increased both back and forward throw range
- Fixed a graphical bug where the second ex meter would display at only 450 power, it now properly
  displays only when you are above 500 power
- Adjusted back throw slightly, opponent will fly higher and fall faster. Amount of air time
  is unchanged. Horizontal travelling distance of p2 slighly increased
- Control on wake up is given 30 frames after knockdown. Invincibility will be lost on the 31st
  frame
- Fixed a bug where blocked hadoukens would give back 80 extra power than should be given
- A few sprites were re-aligned and resized
- Increased vertical hurt box on empty jumps - some lower hitting air to airs were whiffing
- Improved input recognition on joysticks. Specials will register on the beginning of jump frames.
- Fixed a sound bug where the dizzy sound will play if opponent is stunned on KO.
- I included all palettes made by "Acey" into this package.

Note: I did not test out the bug where the bonus game will be incomplete because of the dizzy since I cannot download the character. I implemented something that may or may not fix the problem.

Most of the gameplay should remain unchanged.

Here are a crapload of screens:

Spoiler: More Screens (click to see content)

Here are 3 videos of his development which does not reflect this version:
http://youtu.be/vSuQnrPOMRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBrmFM4HmDM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgNY8Qwt8kk

As always if you find anything off, please post the feedback here.

This character is hosted thanks to Trinity Mugen.

Downloads >> Orbinaut
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 11:38:14 pm by Cyanide
Re: Gouken -SSF4: AE 2012-
#2  April 24, 2012, 06:16:21 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Mr I, i'm so freakin' blind that i can't find the download, could you post the direct link please?  :P
#3  April 24, 2012, 06:19:37 am
    • Canada
Forgot that I used my old moniker on that site. There are directions on the first post.
The double-curse of Blue Beard Baboon lies in these words you see. Read them once, then read them twice and your island is history.
#4  April 24, 2012, 06:25:03 am
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Got it! thanks!  :sugoi: also, maybe you could ask someone that specializes in making palettes for gouken, just a suggestion.  8)
Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:29:00 am by Noside
#5  April 24, 2012, 09:09:53 am
When shin shoryuken dizzies on the first hit, something weird happens. Perhaps you could remove the dizzy counter/variable for the first hit?
Great work!
#6  April 24, 2012, 09:25:44 am
    • Canada
Shin shoryuken should never dizzy the opponent. Generally in SSF4 no ultras except for Denjin Hadouken and Balrog's Dirty Bull should add stun.

I double checked it and it should never add any dizzy points. Can you recreate this?
#7  April 24, 2012, 01:49:46 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Very nice. Gouken gets an official release. Chalk up another permanent addition to my roster. Amazing job, as usual. :sugoi:

Any ideas on who you might do next??
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#8  April 24, 2012, 02:15:36 pm
well basically I was doing some combos on this magaki dude. when I landed the first hit of shin shoryuken, magaki went into dizzy state and disappeared from the screen. If u checked it and it's fine then it's cool :D ive no idea what caused it also
#9  April 24, 2012, 05:42:37 pm
    • France
    • www.mediafire.com/?juk83mj7xabhg
Humm excellent !  :)

Just some suggestions :

Can you make an "option file" for config 2 thing :

- computer always use 1 / 2 or both ultras
  - hide super/ultra bars (so ugly in 640*480 mode)

Did you like the SF4 system Grade by Kohaku ?
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

and thank you for your work on my favorite SF4 char

#10  April 24, 2012, 07:31:03 pm
Thank you so much for all of your hard work he kicks man!!!!
#11  April 24, 2012, 10:27:45 pm
  • I am become Death, Destroyer of Tiers
    • UK
This is awesome.
Well done for making such a brilliant character.
#12  April 25, 2012, 12:04:33 am
  • Just a butcher on a mission
    • www.justnopoint.com/lbends
My only complaint so far is that the edges of the super spark are very obviously square like you didn't start with a big enough canvas and ended up cropping it.
#13  April 25, 2012, 04:09:52 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
well i Dled all the Beta's for this bitch so i might as well grab the update lol Great Release
#14  April 25, 2012, 07:27:14 pm
    • Canada
well basically I was doing some combos on this magaki dude. when I landed the first hit of shin shoryuken, magaki went into dizzy state and disappeared from the screen. If u checked it and it's fine then it's cool :D ive no idea what caused it also

This is likely due to the other character having something to put themselves in a dizzy state when they take too much damage. Not sure if much can be done about this. I will say that the hit that puts the character into the animation state does 0 damage and all damage is done after the zoom in.

My only complaint so far is that the edges of the super spark are very obviously square like you didn't start with a big enough canvas and ended up cropping it.

The best I could do is perform a super at the centre of the screen so that as much of the left and right is visible. Though now thinking about it, I should have done it from far left, far right and then combine them together. I will update the graphic.

Humm excellent !  :)

Just some suggestions :

Can you make an "option file" for config 2 thing :

- computer always use 1 / 2 or both ultras
  - hide super/ultra bars (so ugly in 640*480 mode)

Did you like the SF4 system Grade by Kohaku ?

and thank you for your work on my favorite SF4 char

I dont think it looks too bad but if you want to remove it, remove these lines in statedef -2

As for the results screen, its unnecessary extra work and probably will not be added in the immediate future since I then have to calculate vars for the letter grade and other stuff.
Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 07:34:07 pm by Mr. I
#15  April 26, 2012, 01:16:03 pm
  • https://www.twitch.tv/os_farram/
    • Morocco
    • mazgames.free.fr/
the Best SSFVI work for mugen ever. Thanks for this great work !
#16  April 26, 2012, 07:20:02 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
#17  April 26, 2012, 07:32:27 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
#18  April 27, 2012, 07:57:23 am
  • Arcade collector
    • Philippines
Tried this Gouken it sure is pretty good to play. Very true to the game :D :sugoi:
#19  April 27, 2012, 09:33:57 am
#20  April 27, 2012, 11:25:24 am
  • I am Neo Leo! Hear me roar!
Yes I agree Mr. I is the greatest SSF4AE mugen creator and the new pioneer!  Way better than Werewood and the others!  The future of SSF4AE mugen creations depends on Mr. I from now on!