YesNoOk

Reptile Klassic( CvTW gameplay) early alpha release (Read 17469 times)

Started by SlenderMan, May 12, 2012, 08:58:50 pm
Share this topic:
Reptile Klassic( CvTW gameplay) early alpha release
#1  May 12, 2012, 08:58:50 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
http://www.sendspace.com/file/jldwdt

ok peeps...I've decided to let you guys try Reptile out. NOTE that this is an ALPHA for now and the full release will be hosted at SeanAltly's site when Reptile is 100% finished

he still needs:

Invisibility sprites
Winpose

2 hypers

Unique Tactic or UT for short(CvTW related..see SeanAltly's Capcom vs The World fullgame section for info)

and a few other things like AI and stuff

this character is NOT a part of CvTW but has it's gameplay style since I edited his Sub-Zero into Reptile..so don't be confused when his file names haven't been changed yet besides the .def . I didn't do a readme yet which I will do for the full character when he's done

Moveslist here....

Acid Spit- D,DF,F,y

Forceball- D,DF,F,x for fast version and D,DB,B,x for slow version

EX-Forceball(travels much faster than the regular versions) D,DF,F,x+y

Slide-D,DF,F, a for short range version and D,DF,F,b for long range version

EX-Slide- D,DF,F,a+b

Invisibility-D,DB,B,y

Brutality-not that much different from Sub-Zero as far as the move goes but hey it works.

F,D,F, UT button or (z)

I will setup all necessary Readme info in the next release but for now enjoy this Early version of Reptile :D
Re: Reptile Klassic( CvTW gameplay) early alpha release
#2  May 12, 2012, 09:02:56 pm
  • Mas y Mas Wips XD
    • alan-san.deviantart.com/
Awesome bro going to try him right away  :sugoi:
#3  May 12, 2012, 09:05:51 pm
  • Currently working in 8 bits...
    • Sweden
Hmmm, you should make an extra MK.1 edition of Reptile. The one that used the moves of BOTH Scorpion and Sub-Zero, best secret boss ever. XD
#4  May 12, 2012, 09:44:55 pm
  • Karate ni senshi nashi
    • Brazil
    • www.youtube.com/user/karate867
Reptile is looking very good!!! Cant wait for the full version! Keep the good work my friend!!!

GT

#5  May 12, 2012, 10:11:09 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - gt_ruby
This playsnd, from the wallhit state, calls for a sound inside the target's snd instead of the common snd.
[State 2222, PlaySnd]
type = PlaySnd
trigger1 =time=0
value = S5,2
Yeah Titiln, in fact, You Made Him
#6  May 12, 2012, 11:03:36 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
ok I'll be fixing that then. now I want your opinions guys...would it be broken to be able to bounce the victim off a second forceball then add a combo?

like this...

Forceball>Forceball>C.LP>C.HP>A.LK>A.HK>A.HP

originally you could only hit them with one and then combo but I'm wondering if it'd break the character to juggle from a previous forceball with another and then combo?

other things...

IDEAS section...

I need more ideas for 1) 2 Hypers, 2)a unique tactic(UT) and possibly a command grab

my ideas for the latter would be grabbing and biting player 2

now using Reptile's appearance in Shaolin Monks I have an idea...

Reptile whips out his tongue to grab player 2..if successful he reels them in and bites them multiple times(maybe even get more hits by mashing buttons.)

gimme some ideas guys and you will even be credited for the idea if I use it :D
#7  May 12, 2012, 11:17:36 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
also his reptile portrait is actually sub-zero's portrait
#8  May 12, 2012, 11:22:45 pm
    • USA
^ Hi.

this character is NOT a part of CvTW but has it's gameplay style since I edited his Sub-Zero into Reptile..so don't be confused when his file names haven't been changed yet besides the .def . I didn't do a readme yet which I will do for the full character when he's done.
#9  May 12, 2012, 11:24:59 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
the portrait is LAST priority..if you noticed he also has Sub-Zero's stance, walk, winpose and such...this is an EARLY ALPHA...his Sub-Zero was the template
#10  May 12, 2012, 11:38:20 pm
the portrait is LAST priority..if you noticed he also has Sub-Zero's stance, walk, winpose and such...this is an EARLY ALPHA...his Sub-Zero was the template

Understandable.

Will DL now
#11  May 13, 2012, 12:06:39 am
  • Dust to dust...
    • USA
    • Skype - tylorthehedgehog
    • www.freewebs.com/wubbi/
I have high hopes for this character. He's already awesome, even if in alpha! My only complaint is a few learning curves, but otherwise, pretty good.
Thanks for reading my signature.
#12  May 13, 2012, 05:10:30 am
    • Puerto Rico
I have an idea for reptile which can be used as a combo maybe you can use it but anyways here's my idea you meant how your thinking of reptile using his tongue to grab an opponet and he's what I'm think he can leap at them like how mileena haves her neckbite attack and that's where the button mashing starts then to finish it off he does an acid spit in their face and does a somersault kick upwards the combo move can also be done without using the tongue grab where he just leaps out at you instead and bites repeatly it can even be done like how mk9 does enhance moves where it goes faster
#13  May 13, 2012, 02:14:26 pm
  • I must continue my training...
Cool stuff, homie! I'm getting this one until the full version is ready. Maybe you could make ALL the other ninjas! That should be EPIC!  ;D

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#14  May 13, 2012, 05:07:50 pm
Well there isn't much that sets him apart from Sub-Zero. The normals are the same, and I think you could add atleast 2 or 3 unique normals for Reptile, the EX slide has the same properties as Sub-Zero's EX Slide, and I think you should change it to be a bit more unique. The command grab from Sub-Zero is still there but I bet you knew that, you should probably replace it with that ninja dash attack from MK9, if you ask me. EX Forceball is pretty underwhelming and I think it should do a bit more damage, as well as be easier to juggle from than the normal version.

Also I want to know what you plan to make his UT, since he's not going to be that much different from Sub-Zero I think it should be a central part of his gameplay, so it could be cool if you made a poll or something because I think it's something we all could be involved in.

That's just my feeling on him, even though he's a palette ninja you could go the extra mile to add some more unique things to him, and when I read the "he still needs" area I felt that you were content, though I think you're capable of going above and beyond the call. Still I do appreciate the work you've done here, he's still a great character.
#15  May 13, 2012, 06:01:25 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
@Cazaki...

by MK ninja dash move are you refering to Reptile's version of the slide from MK9?I think it's more like a knee dash

for his UT I was thinking of having a kof style evade since Reptile himself has a high degree of agility and reflexes. I haven't played MK9 yet but from all the youtube vids I've seen Reptile depends on speed rather than brute strength.

when I said he still needs it was because he really does. his moveset is based on UMK3 as far as specials go. I aim to add his elbow dash from UMK3 and IF someone could get me the frames of his MK9 knee dash move(his version of slide) than I'll do the sprites. I made the startup for acid spit longer than UMK3's cuz you could spam it before..now it's more punishable. And no I'm not content yet..not til Reptile is complete. after him I will be resuming Ermac. reasons for this are some of Reptile's sprite will be modified into a new stance for Ermac. that and Sean is his coder whom is busy atm with Haggar and Capcom vs The World.

rest assured Reptile aint gonna be done till he works 100% with AI and every bit of feedback helps. I'm only just beginning
#16  May 13, 2012, 06:22:12 pm
The elbow dash was what I was talking about, sorry I didn't have the name in my head right at that moment.

Here's a walkthrough of his moves in MK9: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_n9k6_rUsY

There are some things you could draw from it as far as how his moves work, and well really I was thinking his Acid Hand would work, it's not all that fast a move in MK9 but it is an overhead, I only say this because the KOF side-step is overused and overrated. IMO, I forgot to add

#17  May 13, 2012, 09:39:20 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
well the elbow dash is something he will have as it's own special. but I'll take a look. I don't know how to use animget but if someone can rip some of the animations I'd be happy to attempt spriting them
#18  May 14, 2012, 03:41:52 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
wow dude you work really fast!! nice work! i like these ninjas' style.. :D
#19  May 14, 2012, 04:46:44 pm
  • I'm behind you!!!
Reptile is an edit of Sean's Sub-Zero. most of the spritework is his and I just pallete swapped him. there's much more to do on him.

does anybody know how to rip frames from youtube vids? I'm gonna use Reptile's acid hand move from MK9
#20  May 15, 2012, 08:52:27 am
  • Mugenite
    • www.freewebs.com/mangalegend
The only thing these Mortal Kombat characters are missing and I assume they'll have never have are fatalities.

I'm playing through Mortal Kombat 9 again myself and it is a really good game.

I haven't seen many Mortal Kombat characters for Mugen with a fatality system implememented but it be good to see.

Good luck with Reptile and Ermac.

Especially Emac because he is one of my favourite characters.
I rock