YesNoOk

Injustice - Gods Among Us (Read 703992 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 31, 2012, 04:34:08 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Injustice League - DC Comics fighting game by Netherrealm Studios
#21  May 31, 2012, 06:07:20 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
kinda wary of the environment gimmicks.. but other than that not much to comment on at this point, except im throwing the idea that outside of the engine the controls might be different from mk, since theres no crossover aspect this time to tie it in with

(whats a solomon grundy)
#22  May 31, 2012, 07:12:37 pm

DMK

#23  May 31, 2012, 07:14:33 pm
  • 141⅔% chance of winning
    • USA
    • www.twitch.tv/ThisbeDMK
If its as good as MK9 was I'll be happy, hell bring in more DC characters period would do the trick.

oh and actually see about maaaaayyybbbbeee having Kevin Conroy and Mark do Joker and Batz, I know they won't, but a guy can dream right?
#24  May 31, 2012, 07:17:34 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
As much as i like Mk and Boons earlier games but i think its time for Boon to leave the scene and let Hector Sanchez get the producer role.
#25  May 31, 2012, 07:23:30 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
- Two character classes: Gadget characters ("like Batman and.... um.......") and Power characters ("Superman, Grundy, and whatnot")

What does this even mean Batman punched Grundy through a building how is that gadget type.

- All characters have been redesigned with a "Mortal Kombat twist."

On second thought I'm okay if they leave Supergirl out.
#26  May 31, 2012, 07:25:36 pm
    • Romania
    • negative-edge.net
Interview with Ed Boon (GameSpot)
http://www.gamespot.com/injustice-gods-among-us/videos/injustice-gods-among-us-interview-w-ed-boon-6379456/?tag=Topslot;InjusticeGodsAmongUs;InterviewEdBoonTalks

Key points:
- Environments will be very interactive
- Two character classes: Gadget characters ("like Batman and.... um.......") and Power characters ("Superman, Grundy, and whatnot")
- All characters have been redesigned with a "Mortal Kombat twist."
- Coming in 2013

Batman and Jason Todd or DeathStroke . Im sure of it
#27  May 31, 2012, 08:15:21 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
Oh Christ on a bike, they're using the shitty New 52 designs.
doesn't look like the new 52 costumes to me....Especially the flash, the game looks alot more like armor to me.
Indeed, The New 52 designs ARE like armors and stuff, and Harley also looks like a bitch like in this game.

If this game will be based on The New 52 universe, I only hope they get Grifter on it, in the Gadget type chars, it's the only character I like from the (unnecessary) DC reboot

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#28  May 31, 2012, 08:34:03 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Seriously, i dont get why you people are concerned about the outfits :-)

I mean almost every fighting game today comes either with customization modes or has multiple costumes to choose from

This is warner..the big company which is releasing the Batman games and all the DC Licenses.

It should be a damn no-brainer that there will be alternative and old school costumes for the characters...i bet 50 euros that Harley Quinn as example will have her Arkham Asylum and/or/both Arkham City costume onboard..same probably with the yet unannounced Joker and other Batman Characters

#29  May 31, 2012, 08:46:52 pm
Gadget characters ("like Batman and.... um.......")
And Lex Luthor - he's the one getting eyebeam'd in the chest by Superman, I wonder why he's not listed anywhere even though he's obvious.
What does this even mean Batman punched Grundy through a building how is that gadget type.
Meh, that sort of stage interaction is part of the gameplay so it's likely that it's not representative of his overall moveset. Comparatively to Grundy pounding you into the ground as a special.
Heh, I appreciate that thing about the power characters being able to interact this way with objects (slamming cars) while gadget type chars doing something else with the same objects, that sounds nice...
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 08:54:48 pm by Carpe Diem
#30  May 31, 2012, 09:01:37 pm
  • Professional Procrastinator
  • Roman Numerals and Decimals should never mix.
    • USA
Ok that makes sense.
So much for that armor.
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 09:14:42 pm by Girard
Re: Injustice - Gods Among Us (New DC Fighting Game by NRS)
#31  May 31, 2012, 09:23:08 pm
       When I first heard of it I was worried, but I probably shouldn't be. NRS should just be clear that this is NOT a MK game and break away from MK traditions, atleast for a little bit. No universal uppercuts, varying air attacks and no preset, or atleast no STRICT preset combos would be a start. The characters interest me, I don't like the New 52 designs and lord knows they'll release normal looking costumes as DLC.

My only question is why finish 2 *insignificant* Batman villains first and not the archrivals of the prominent members of the Justice League. I can understand Harley because they need to find a new Joker voice and her DLC on Arkham City just came out, but Grundy I don't understand. Maybe just to show off a grapple character, but they should've waited so they could show off Zoom (Reverse-Flash), Sinestro or Bizarro (I have faith in NRS that they'll make him MUCH different from Superman.).

Maining Dick Grayson. He BETTER be in the game too.
#32  May 31, 2012, 10:56:51 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I hate the new designs because they're all so needlessly busy with a ton of unnecessary lines and panels and shit.  They all look like they're wearing Iron Man suits, except for Harley Quinn who looks like a juggalo prostitute.
Yep. I mean why does Superman need armor? He's Superman!

Well actually Wonder Woman looks good. And she's wearing pants!

(whats a solomon grundy)
Born on a Monday
Christened on Tuesday
Married on Wednesday
Took ill on Thursday
Grew worse on Friday
Died on Saturday
Buried on Sunday
That was the end, Of Solomon Grundy.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Seriously, i dont get why you people are concerned about the outfits :-)

I mean almost every fighting game today comes either with customization modes or has multiple costumes to choose from
Well I'm mad primarily because they're still in the comic books and since they're pushing the comics costumes to the games too, they won't be going away anytime soon.
and also they are really really really terrible

My only question is why finish 2 *insignificant* Batman villains first and not the archrivals of the prominent members of the Justice League. I can understand Harley because they need to find a new Joker voice and her DLC on Arkham City just came out, but Grundy I don't understand.
Grundy isn't usually a Batman villain, and he's pretty prominent.
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:39:21 pm by Jmorphman

MDI

#33  May 31, 2012, 11:38:22 pm
    • mugen.yolasite.com/stages.php
Oh Christ on a bike, they're using the shitty New 52 designs.

The upside to that, we may get Grifter.

If this game will be based on The New 52 universe, I only hope they get Grifter on it, in the Gadget type chars, it's the only character I like from the (unnecessary) DC reboot

Oops didn't see that post. Its ok, we got multiple people complaining about the costumes anyways.
ey
Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 11:46:37 pm by MDI
#34  May 31, 2012, 11:40:51 pm
    • USA
Uh... they're all wearing Iron Man suits?

what's up with that Boon?!  :doom:
#35  June 01, 2012, 12:05:10 am
    • Chile
Born on a Monday
Christened on Tuesday
Married on Wednesday
Took ill on Thursday
Grew worse on Friday
Died on Saturday
Buried on Sunday
That was the end, Of Solomon Grundy.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
As I know, he was one of the first brute villains from Golden Age of Comics (known in DC later as Earth-2), he was more known for being one of the foes of the first Green Lantern, Alan Scott, as well the Justice Society

You're wrong, blame DiDio and Lee for making The New 52, those 2 made the "armor" outfits for every supehero and villain in DC. Boon just reused that formula (that sucks hard, IMO)

Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#36  June 01, 2012, 12:06:15 am
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com

i doubt boon and nrs in general can decide the looks of the characters ..they work for warner bros and most likely wb decides how nrs treats their properties just like marvel decided which marvel characters were in mvc3
#37  June 01, 2012, 12:08:34 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
You're wrong, blame DiDio and Lee for making The New 52, those 2 made the "armor" outfits for every supehero and villain in DC. Boon just reused that formula (that sucks hard, IMO)
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zIgIIkcS-7o/TpsgW_kts2I/AAAAAAAABUQ/2r_FoQwPDWA/s1600/new%2Bjustice.jpg
Jim Lee's new costumes are nowhere near as armored as the ones in this game. I mean, the Flash's costume still looks kinda spandexy. In game, it looks like Power Rangers armor.
#38  June 01, 2012, 12:18:31 am
My only question is why finish 2 *insignificant* Batman villains first and not the archrivals of the prominent members of the Justice League. I can understand Harley because they need to find a new Joker voice and her DLC on Arkham City just came out, but Grundy I don't understand.
Grundy isn't usually a Batman villain, and he's pretty prominent.

True. Though it's kind of puzzling still that they didn't have atleast some other iconic villains ready. Grundy while not obscure isn't exactly what everyone expected.
Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 12:24:05 am by Cazaki
#39  June 01, 2012, 12:31:04 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
#40  June 01, 2012, 12:38:41 am
    • Chile
True. Though it's kind of puzzling still that they didn't have atleast some other iconic villains ready. Grundy while not obscure isn't exactly what everyone expected.
I think it's a good option to get variety on DC chars. In terms of power, Grundy can be compared to Hulk in some way, only brute force... and it's also an undead. Other options could be Bane and Mongul, too