YesNoOk

Cloud Strife By MGSSJ2 Released (Read 7661 times)

Started by Laharl, June 16, 2012, 06:31:06 am
Share this topic:
Cloud Strife By MGSSJ2 Released
#1  June 16, 2012, 06:31:06 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
[Preview]

[Download]
http://www.mediafire.com/?y31031okbt8cncy
http://www.sendspace.com/file/s0l1i1

[Comment]
very nicely coded Cloud I helped MGSSJ2 with alot of feedback beta testing he has all his limit breaks materia magic and then some. Also uses my soundrips Hes alot of fun try him out.  He takes feedback post any errors you see and I will report them back to him.

the large file size is due to all the effects he doesn't run slow at all.

don't judge this by it being a chibi it plays quite well.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:21:29 am by Laharl
Re: Cloud Strife By MGSSJ2 Released
New #2  June 16, 2012, 03:25:29 pm
Laharl, did you rip all of those FF VIII sounds?!? How can you do that? You have to tell me that!
And also those FX :sugoi: they rock!
Well now, the wanted feedback: (tested on Mugen 1.0 and WinMugen)
-I think he should stop charging power when at full;
-when doing Ultima, if you go forward the enemy, moving him with your char, Buster Sword remains and rotates in the same place;
-if you do Omnislash, that background thing isn't going to show, (I'm referring to the one in the video MGSSJ2 has made, when he hits the enemy with multiple hits first, the second shows normally). This only happens in mugen 1.0;
-air combos with the a button and with x button are the same; idem for b button and y button, so I would suggest to keep only the a and b combos, as they are more used in ground combos.

A really nice Cloud indeed, I usually don't like chibis, but this one rocks!!!
Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:05:05 pm by Alex Sinigaglia
#3  June 16, 2012, 04:26:08 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
- Big portrait has bad transparency pixels, and the actual background in white should actually be made transparent.
- He slides too much when landing from back dash IMO. He feels too light.
- He slides at the end of a walk. What the hell ?
- Debug flood during counter move (invalid palfx color value).
- If timed right, A,A,A,B will hit the opponent every time, even if he guarded all 3 first attacks, because the last one can't be blocked it seems (not just an overhead, completely unblockable).
- Infinite air dash seems a lot.
- Overall, his dashing ability seems overkill, seeing the speed, but in a game where all the chars have this system, then why not.
- On the last hit of aerial combos, when Cloud send the opponent to the ground. He actually follows them, while I'd rather have him stay in the air. Or if he follows them, have an effect showing ground destruction/hitting.
- Names appearing during Magic moves are not very readable to me.
- Typo in the readme for the 3 magic moves with qcb+x/y/z.
- Why does he disappear during Cherry Blossom ?
- All moves that use powerbar shouldn't give back power to Cloud (they all do).
- Add noFG assertspecial during Ultima, or foreground elements of the stage look ugly with the superBG behind.
- Meteorain could burn the opponent.
- Finishing touch could make the opponent spin (using optional standard anim too at the end).
- Omnislash V5 doesn't look very nice with the opponent staying with the same sprite while being hit. :( Also, at least add some envshake perhaps.
#4  June 16, 2012, 04:33:36 pm
  • The Barbarian
  • Most ****able 2013
    • USA
    • Skype - chronostrifeff7h@hotmail.com
Laharl, did you rip all of those FF VIII sounds?!? How can you do that? You have to tell me that!
http://www.qhimm.com/#ff7
Not sure how it handles on 64-bit OSes qhimm was around as far back as I can remember, which isn't even to this morning's breakfast so....

I'll download this character and give him a try! Rare to get me downloading stuff these days! Grats on the release.
#5  June 17, 2012, 01:44:53 am
  • I see you.
thanks for all the feedback so far you 2 im going to send it to MG

@GOD

i didn't make this nor did i rip the attack sounds for it  I was just the beta tester and I helped with sounds. as in voice lol.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 01:50:57 am by Laharl
#6  June 17, 2012, 09:24:38 am
I know MGSSJ2 made the char, just wondering about the sounds because I can't rip them with those tools from the game itself, like Ultima, Haste etc. (perhaps I'm doing something wrong with them).
Enough offtopic.
-I found that the 3rd hit of Omnislash has a misplaced FX;
-when in Haste status, maybe the power charge could be a little faster.
That's all I have to say for now, I really enjoy playing with this char, I hope MGSSJ2 finishes his Sephiroth.
#7  June 17, 2012, 10:01:08 am
  • I see you.
i agree with that except power charge making it any faster would just be broken since it could be spammed.

#8  June 21, 2012, 09:47:37 pm
Kind of off topic, but Mugencharacters.ucoz is off, so I can't see some more progress about his work :grrr:

Anyway, playing with him in WinMugen, I did something strange:
in liedown anim, I don't remember clearly but I pressed z or y; after that the char suddenly disappeared, and then falled down doing damage with his sword, attacking, and there was a purple geyser; not sure if that was intentional or not.
#9  June 23, 2012, 12:37:28 am
  • I see you.
mugenchars.ucoz was hacked I believe. I will relay that glitch to MG though through other means. Ty for reporting it.