YesNoOk

ScreenPack - OPEN TO ALL IDEAS (Read 40485 times)

Started by Nestor, February 25, 2012, 06:39:00 pm
ScreenPack - OPEN TO ALL IDEAS
#1  February 25, 2012, 06:39:00 pm
    • Mexico
    • https://nestor-2099.github.io/gamedev/
I just checked the CvTW subforum (nice to see you back Sean :) ) and I realized I forgot to post about the SP, so here's the topic.

In the beginning of the project, I got a lot of ideas for a possible SP. Considering this, at one point I decided to perhaps, make multiple SP's for the project, keeping the basics of the number of characters in the main roster, the big portraits, and of course, the logo (done by !E).

Here're the designs done so far (chars included may not be in the game anymore):
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Some portraits done by Mudy (I'm waiting a response from him to confirm he's going to do the designs for the project):

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Please let us know your thoughts about multiple SP's. I think this idea would be great depending of the taste you have, but as always, I'm considering everything.
Last Edit: February 25, 2012, 07:19:19 pm by Nestor
Re: ScreenPack - OPEN TO ALL IDEAS
#2  February 25, 2012, 06:50:10 pm
  • You don't know enehthin.
The very last one looks the best to me. It looks like it belongs on a full game, yet isn't overly stylized, kinda simple.
Gameboy Scorpion - 4%

SUPER SECRET STAGE - 0% ;)
#3  February 25, 2012, 07:06:31 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ

This one feels the best IMO, has a blend of MVC2 and MVC1, all that should be changed is the background to feature a higher res space image... or maybe add Earth or something similar. I say this because Capcom tends to incorporate Earth into a lot of their screenpacks and such. Example the MVC games, SFA3, and SFII.
As for multiple screenpacks, that idea seems pretty nice. I say go for it if you can.
#4  February 25, 2012, 07:52:50 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
I like the first one and the second and third. I see different things can be done cosmetic wise, for these designs place together. You can go ahead and do that thing Nestor. It's all good. :sugoi:
#5  March 04, 2012, 12:46:44 am
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
I like the first three, but the main decider is between the first two, though I'm kind of siding with number 2 since it would better fit a larger cast. Awesome big portraits!
#6  March 04, 2012, 03:10:54 pm
I fell the best designs here are the second and last ones. Both are slick and clean, and not your tradtional boring screen, which you can do, being a fullgame and all.
#7  March 04, 2012, 07:31:08 pm
I'd say the last one, feels unique, and memorable. just remove the logo, I mean we know what game we're playing, right?And resize the portraits, y'all are using great artwork, why not show it?
#8  May 31, 2012, 06:35:39 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Hey Try King Of Fighters Maximum Impact Regulation A screen pack style like
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 03:12:05 pm by Segatron
#9  June 10, 2012, 11:05:33 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
Thats too basic
#10  June 11, 2012, 08:32:45 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
How Riccochet and If this one had problem maybe i can show another example of screenpack style.

1. Plasma Sword

2. Soul Calibur: Broken Destiny

3. Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

4. Street Fighter X Tekken

Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#11  June 12, 2012, 05:31:59 am
    • Mexico
Alright, so I decided to try another take for the Screenpack... I think this one can show better the characters select portraits, so it's easier to recognize them. I'll post it later in the Roster topic:

I'll probably use sprites where the character is facing towards the screen, like with Frank, Lou and Morrigan.
#12  July 05, 2012, 12:59:43 am
    • Mexico
Testing the portraits; the distribution was changed. I think we'll go with this idea; looks pretty good and we have some work done, thanks to BlackOps and !E in some past portraits.

What do you think? How does it look? C&C are appreciated :)
#13  July 05, 2012, 09:18:59 am
    • Mexico
Yes, that a very good improvement to an already great concept. looking nice Nestor! But will there be more light around the corners? Unless the effect in the background is supposed to be portal-like that is.
#14  July 05, 2012, 11:33:11 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!
I like those to be that big, but Regina's expression is: "What I'm doing here? Dude, this is boring as Hell!"

I swear there was something cool here!!
#15  July 08, 2012, 05:00:44 am
    • Mexico
Thanks guys :). I'll make a video to show how everything looks animated ;) the BG is supossed to be portal-like. FeLo, I'll see if Regina does have other portrait in NxC that could be used instead :) IIRC, she does have at least one in action, ready to fire a gun.
#16  July 08, 2012, 08:45:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
Nah! Keep the one that is already there.
#17  July 10, 2012, 09:38:36 am
  • The Yatagarasu will be coming in any moment.
I wish Bison was in the project. If he's not going to be in it then it would be ok.
Titiln said:
focus more and stop thinking about things like the internet or titties

Whatever happened to sex, drugs, and Rock. Nowadays, it's whores, AIDS, and Hip-Hop.
#18  July 19, 2012, 06:23:29 am
    • Mexico
@ Enso: the roster is already set :).

I've made some progress (perhaps not as much as I'd like to, but still I'd like to share it to receive more feedback). I think once you can see it in movement, it would give you all a better idea of how does it look so far.

The video (of the progress so far) is here:

http://youtu.be/wAnF96VCHRM
#19  August 08, 2012, 10:02:42 pm
  • The Sweeper
  • Surpass my Aniki
    • Algeria
maybe you could make the elect portraits ala mvc2 this is an exemple teel me what you think of it
-STREET FIGHTER VI WAITING ROOM-
-DRAGON QUEST XII WAITING ROOM-
#20  January 30, 2013, 05:08:13 pm
  • XMugen Lives With Me!
  • Commercial & Homebrew Developer
    • USA
    • https://xmugenscene.com/
Great Progress! I really like the look! everything is natural and blended like MVC type theme. Let me know if you have anyone working on the Life bars & power gauges!
"HOMEBREW:MUGEN:XMUGEN:UNITY 3D ENTHUSIAST!"

ravenxscreations@gmail.com