YesNoOk

Australian Outback - Custom Hi-Res version (Read 43698 times)

Started by JeanBureau, July 20, 2012, 06:40:58 am
Share this topic:
Australian Outback - Custom Hi-Res version
New #1  July 20, 2012, 06:40:58 am
Here it is.

* I have not tested this stage on Winmugen (since I deleted that old engine...) but there should not be any problem because usually fucked up stuff happen when zoffsetlink is involved which is not the case here.

High Jump
Animated
Music MIX (Rain + Storm + SF music
)

* notes:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Anyway.

Video:

more screenshot:

LINK:
http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=item335

EDIT:

HERE IS A 256 COLOR PNG WITHOUT THE GRAINY SHIT - i won't change and reupload the SFF but you can do it yourself in 30 seconds. Replace the SPRITE 1,0 with this new sky image

-------

PALETTES BY FROZ:

Sagat by Master Gouken

POTS' Ryu
My stages exhibition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FO2YZO7ut5I

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 05:05:01 am by Jean Bureau
Re: Australian Outback - Custom Hi-Res version
#2  July 20, 2012, 06:49:43 am
  • Colorful Palette Contributor & Seductive Beauty
  • Gladiolus is charming, I wish he was here ❤️
    • USA
Oh my gosh!! That is an awesome stage right here of the Street Fighter stage. It looks so amazing. :D

"I want to be in Gladiolus' arms. He makes me a happy girl and there's just something about him makes me special."
#3  July 20, 2012, 07:05:57 am
reminds me of the street fighter 2 the animated movie when sagat and ryu fight in the biggining of the movie...nice job  :sugoi: :sugoi:

SNT

#4  July 20, 2012, 07:06:17 am
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Amazing looking stage, but I think the grass is a little too green.  Unless it's only like that for thunderstrikes..?
#5  July 20, 2012, 07:17:46 am
reminds me of the street fighter 2 the animated movie when sagat and ryu fight in the biggining of the movie...nice job  :sugoi: :sugoi:

Good because that's the purpose lol.

Amazing looking stage, but I think the grass is a little too green.  Unless it's only like that for thunderstrikes..?

Well technically it is supposed to be this way because the original "australian outback stage" has a gradient Green/blue. But it does have strong saturation i admit. Oh well.

My stages exhibition

Find them at: http://www.trinitymugen.net/forum/index.php?action=tpmod;dl=cat294

You are free to use the materials in the stages I released before 2014. Credits are always appreciated.
#6  July 20, 2012, 08:48:20 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Love this stage, beautifully done. Thanks. :)

Only thing I'd comment on is the sky, which is a little grainy. Is it because of the source, or because you used dither to avoid colorloss (and using RGB would only mke the stage worst FPS-wise) ?
#7  July 20, 2012, 09:15:45 am
Only thing I'd comment on is the sky, which is a little grainy. Is it because of the source, or because you used dither to avoid colorloss (and using RGB would only mke the stage worst FPS-wise) ?

I usually hate the "nearest color" conversion but I gotta say in this case it would have been maybe more relevant. You have a point. I might use the dither too much

and Yeah about the FPS.. I'm running at 45 fps and anything under 45 to me is unacceptable. It already bothers me that it runs at 45 instead of 50/55.
My stages exhibition

Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 09:23:27 am by jeanbureau
#8  July 20, 2012, 10:31:29 am
    • France
Mugen 1.1 in 1200x900 says it doesn't give a shit about the number of layers. ;D

#9  July 20, 2012, 10:41:38 am
damn  :S

My stage looks pretty ugly in HD resolution  :S - I play in a 640x480 Window so not even fullscreen and it spares me the horrible grainy thing you were talking about.
I can't even imagine playing low-res stage on such resolution.  o_O

Edit: oh and I almost forgot. ---> You 1.1 Beta testers and your privileges, fuck you  ;D

My stages exhibition

#10  July 20, 2012, 11:19:16 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Man you really broke the mold on this one Jean. I'm very happy to be able to witness and enjoy your talented works. Folks this one is for the ages of mugen. Please do more sf2 type stages or just continue to do your thing. 8)
#11  July 20, 2012, 01:02:37 pm
    • Netherlands
The original was my all time favourite stage from the street fighter series, now it's this one  ;D
The stage reminds me of the sf animated movie intro fight ryu vs sagat thx alot  :sugoi:
#12  July 20, 2012, 01:28:11 pm
  • ....?
    • USA
    • castradomis@yahoo.com
This is really good and definitely your best stage so far imo. The SFII animated movie music is a nice touch. I sorta agree that the foreground grass may be a little too green and that the sky has some color loss, but it's nothing to get a twist on. This is a keeper for sure.

I'm running at 45 fps and anything under 45 to me is unacceptable. It already bothers me that it runs at 45 instead of 50/55.
I (thankfully) get 60 fps on this stage.
#13  July 20, 2012, 02:12:32 pm
    • Argentina
I always wanted this stage in Hi-Res, and you've done it, you make my dream :D
#14  July 20, 2012, 02:13:59 pm
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
it's so beautiful and close to the original (yet, with a little new & epic tension feel)!! thanks for the awesome release!
#15  July 20, 2012, 03:10:00 pm
  • I must continue my training...
The original was my all time favourite stage from the street fighter series, now it's this one  ;D
The stage reminds me of the sf animated movie intro fight ryu vs sagat thx alot  :sugoi:

This is one of my second favorite stage from that series. Also this stage was inspired by that very fight that you are referring to. Final Bison's stage in SFA 3(my #1 favorite) was also inspired by the final fight where Ken and Ryu teamed up against Bison in that same movie.

Nice work, Jean. I see your "tint" skills are at their best. I just read your tint tutorial a few days ago. I will be putting it to use real soon... ;D

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
#16  July 20, 2012, 03:13:48 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Ok now I totally feel like a complete asshole for what I'm about to say given that you made me so happy with this release but yeah, here goes...

+ The already mentioned grain in the clouds...whatever.
+ Grass behaves weird if you really keep a close eye on it...it disappears after some movement and does it again over and over...BIG WHOOP! ...its nothing that you will actually notice when you are playing and enjoying the hell out of it.

I gotta say I wasn't expecting it to have compatibility for Vs Series Super Jumpers and you even added that.

This stage is fucking ownage Jean! Thanks so much for even taking the time to make it and share it with us all.

Aces buddy...mother fucking ACES!  8)

Now fork over them Ryu and Sagat palettes.  >:(
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#17  July 20, 2012, 03:16:00 pm
  • "I am all that is touched by none."
    • USA
Jean, i fucking love you. Just made my whole day like that.  :)
#18  July 20, 2012, 03:28:50 pm
  • I must continue my training...
I'm playing the stage as I type this. And MAN! Jean, you are my HERO! Someday, I hope to reach YOUR level of skill. This is exactly the type of stages I'm into. Recreating old stages or creating new ones based on concepts mentioned in a characters storyline, but never seen in an actual game. Man...I've GOT to step my game up! And I will... :datass:

I'm studying your code and sprites right now, as well. Very interesting... >:D

Also, I notice the "disappearing grass thing" as well.

Do your best to become stronger. Become stronger, so you can do your best.

Mugen is a way for me to remain nostalgic with all of the dream matches I cooked up as a kid. It's also what I call a "Digital Action Figure Collection."
MaxBeta link=topic=155656.msg1876950#msg1876950 date=13867
Vegaz_Parrelli...also known as The Lord of the Rings.
[/quote said:
Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 03:48:30 pm by Vegaz_Parrelli
#19  July 20, 2012, 03:39:23 pm
+ The already mentioned grain in the clouds...whatever.
+ Grass behaves weird if you really keep a close eye on it...it disappears after some movement and does it again over and over...BIG WHOOP! ...its nothing that you will actually notice when you are playing and enjoying the hell out of it.

Yes. Unfortunately I can't do much about this. You see, I create most of my shit with Particle illusion 3 (since i usually hate using existing shit except if indispensable).
The reason why the grass disappears is because I have to loop the anim myself with another software because PI3 does not loop any anim created.
The loop is not very visible usually depending on the anim, but I guess it's very visible on this Grass.
About the grainy thing, I should have tried nearest color 256 color conversion maybe... not even sure it would have fix it. And the sky could have been RGB splitted but that will Kill FPS for average computer.

I gotta say I wasn't expecting it to have compatibility for Vs Series Super Jumpers and you even added that.
This stage is fucking ownage Jean! Thanks so much for even taking the time to make it and share it with us all.

Don't worry too much about that because I hate narrow stages (not wide) and I also hate NO High Jump stages. I try to have wide + high jump stage most of the time, depending on the resources I get.

Now fork over them Ryu and Sagat palettes.  >:(

;D ;D  ask Froz or Goodaldo, my work is done  ;D ;D
My stages exhibition

#20  July 20, 2012, 03:41:45 pm
    • France
You'll be so happy when the new Mugen alpha will come out.
You'll be able to add the sprites directly in 24 bits format, without having to convert with RGB technique or whatever, and without any framerate loss.