YesNoOk

Mugen 1.1, alpha 4 (Read 44891 times)

Started by Seravy, September 02, 2012, 07:02:42 pm
Share this topic:
Mugen 1.1, alpha 4
#1  September 02, 2012, 07:02:42 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Elecbyte finally released a new alpha for 1.1.

http://elecbyte.com/blog

Like the previous alpha releases, you still need to be a chosen alpha tester to be able to access it.

This is mostly a bug fix release.  There were also some internal updates to the engine that shouldn't affect gameplay.

Graphical fixes
* Fixed palette reservation bug.

* Fixed round fade in.

* Fixed a shadow flipping bug.

* Fixed projectile ownpal=0 bug.

Engine fixes

* Fixed F4 not resetting life in survival.

* Fixed victory screen showing wrong portrait in turns.

* Fixed bug where victory screen can't be disabled by motif.

* Fixed F1 and Ctrl-F1 debugkeys swapped.

* Disabled debug keys outside of fight screen.

So, nothing major yet, which is a bit disappointing if I consider the amount of time passed, but who knows what "some internal updates" mean. Might be some preparation to major updates.
Re: Mugen 1.1, alpha 4
#2  September 02, 2012, 07:24:51 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Well, code reorganisation is always important if they want to improve it properly.
Major thing here is that they're still alive. :)
#3  September 02, 2012, 07:31:09 pm
    • Hungary
Major thing here is that they're still alive.
I agree. Time to copy over my regular mugen screenpack, lifebars, and characters into this one for testing right away. I better avoid using my zooming stage, though, because they are, obviously, not compatible with it.
#4  September 02, 2012, 07:32:10 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Nothing major?  >:( Of course you aren't counting the logs from the other 3 Alpha versions.

In programming, any kind of update is a major thing.

Typical Cocky non-impressed Alpha tester taking things for granted.

LOOK AT CALMAXEL STARING STRAIGHT AT YOU AND TELL THAT "NOTHING MAJOR" BULLSHIT TO HIS FACE!!!  :grrr:

I kid with you, Seravy bro. But yeah...at least they are still going at it and thats awesome news.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#5  September 02, 2012, 07:34:21 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#6  September 02, 2012, 07:42:15 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm
Stupid answer. NO

Sure thing bro. They'll work just fine.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#7  September 02, 2012, 07:46:30 pm
    • France
All Winmugen and 1.0 stuff works with 1.1.

Only stuff potentially causing problem is stage with zoom enabled. As awesome as this feature is, it makes many (read 99.99%) of chars "obsolete" and needing updating, because of misaligned effects and stuff. That's why stages with zoom should be used only for full games IMO. We'll see what comes out of this feature once it's out to the public.
#8  September 02, 2012, 08:10:07 pm
    • Hungary
All Winmugen and 1.0 stuff works with 1.1.

Only stuff potentially causing problem is stage with zoom enabled. As awesome as this feature is, it makes many (read 99.99%) of chars "obsolete" and needing updating, because of misaligned effects and stuff. That's why stages with zoom should be used only for full games IMO. We'll see what comes out of this feature once it's out to the public.
Actually, not even that, anymore. My 1.0 unupdated characters seem to work flawlessly on the zooming stage (except for obvious incompatibilities like fullscreen effects not being big enough to cover the screen). The new alpha seems to correctly assume the bars to be part of the screen space, so they are not affected by zoom. As far as I remember, in the first alphas, these bars were broken without an update. It's too early to tell, but right now, it looks like 1.0 characters will actually work on zooming stages, unless they use some sort of an effect that is supposed to be "unlimited" in a direction, and the actual sprite isn't, just the end of it is covered by the screen edges. Laser beams for example. But a normal character without any moves that are depending on the width of the screen, will work, and these kinds of moves have to be considered individually anyway because there are different ways of updating them (you can either stretch the beam to still go through the screen, or make it actually have a distance limit like 2 screens of width and there the beam dissipates). Having that much more distance available might affect gameplay, and confuse some AIs, though, so maybe keeping them to full games is really better.

Unfortunately, those huge 200+ MB stages seem to lag even in this version, I guess my video card isn't strong enough for them.
#9  September 02, 2012, 11:35:42 pm
  • Cosmic Creations
  • The Living Dynamo
    • USA
    • electroslair.blogspot.com/
I was actually wondering how beams would be affected in the zoom featured stages, so i'm glad to hear that you can set screen distances or just make the beam have an actual ending. It shouldn't be that hard to wip together an ending sprite for MvC style Ryu Hyper Hadoken etc... I hope the testers help Elecbyte out to squash any problems so we can get our hands on this new toy soon.
#10  September 02, 2012, 11:39:03 pm
  • Fuck You.
dling now

hope it ain't nothing too major cuz all my work has been done on the 3rd alpha for the longest time
i cant count the reasons i should stay

one by one they all just fade away...

http://nero-blanco.deviantart.com/
#11  September 03, 2012, 10:40:47 am
  • YADANA... SI USU...
    • USA
    • grimwatson1@gmail.com
What they need to do is add the PPP & KKK Keys. My controller kinda feels empty at times. Warpping Gouki Style as well as the Spec-ops chars or any other char for that matter that requires all 3 punches/Kicks to perform certain matters of hypers or specials. IMO...
#12  September 03, 2012, 11:48:59 am
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
I just hope at some point they add a proper stage selection screen, rather than the workaround of renaming each stage and changing each letter of the font to an image. It would make sense to do this, seeing how M.U.G.E.N is based of Street Fighter, which has a stage selection screen...

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#13  September 03, 2012, 12:51:20 pm
    • France
#14  September 03, 2012, 01:12:30 pm
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Question:

Since the new MUGEN will work in the GPU instead of the CPU, will this mean that the MUGEN video Recording would be much better since the recording program and MUGEN won't have to share CPU resources?
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#15  September 03, 2012, 01:36:54 pm
    • Hungary
Question:

Since the new MUGEN will work in the GPU instead of the CPU, will this mean that the MUGEN video Recording would be much better since the recording program and MUGEN won't have to share CPU resources?
Probably. Will try to record something at a higher resolution later today to test it.

Edit : There is a major slowdown while recording at 960*720, but considering I wasn't able to record on that resolution at all before, it definitely is a big improvement. Besides, my video card is ancient, so it's not that much of a help, I guess. I think I won't see any lag in my videos at the usual resolution, though. Next time I want to upload something, I'll use 1.1 to record it.

Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 02:44:33 pm by Seravy
#16  September 03, 2012, 03:46:55 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
dumb question is  stage zooming meh it gotta be on the code or something?
#17  September 03, 2012, 03:49:58 pm
    • Canada
    • www.mugencoder.com
What I worry is if there is going to be in any improvements or variety of options for making screenpacks/lifebars. There should be an option to have the ability to not resize certain sprites in the .sff(because of localcoord) to have easier times making ports for things. Especially having normal transparency working in fonts and anything else with normal transparency on the sff. =x
#18  September 03, 2012, 04:12:20 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
what's fun is that beta testers were choosen, at least partially due to their hardware, but beta testing has been going for so long that some of us have already changed hardware.
#19  September 03, 2012, 07:05:07 pm
  • Resident Tosspot
  • Pftheh
    • UK
    • plasmoidthunder.neocities.org
:stare:

Is that a "you don't say" stare, or something else?
Kung Fu Man looks like the Street Fighter Alpha 2/3 characters, the WinMugen lifebars look like one of the SF ones, the after effects on moves, etc.

Please say you already knew this.

Oh, I want a diagram. I fucking love diagrams.
#20  September 03, 2012, 07:42:40 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Kung Fu Man doesn't look at all like an SFA character. Completely different art styles. I've never seen a Street Fighter lifebar that looks like the default WinMugen bars. Pictures, please. The afterimages appear to take more from SF3's EX moves than anything, but that's all the Street Fighter influence I see in Mugen. Feel free to prove me incorrect.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?