#41  September 06, 2012, 12:24:18 am
  • pain is weakness leaving the body
    • Puerto Rico
    • phantomgs.forumotion.net/
Re: WarZoNe by NoZ
#42  September 06, 2012, 03:23:08 am
  • Raging Fist
I have a problem too.
I use GIMP all the time, and it was somewhat successful in getting the portrait base inside it, but it doesn't recognize the Street fighter 4 font and the Ryu name is only the one in orange.

NoZ

#43  September 06, 2012, 05:14:45 am
    • Puerto Rico
The template is for photoshop
#44  September 06, 2012, 06:49:52 am
What I mean is I don't understand this part:
""3.you must have installed the font I included with download to make the
names of the characters for the portraits

4.just copy and paste layer style on each individual part of the port

examples
 a.copy the layer style of the art and paste it in your selected art for your port
 b.just edit the text if you dont want to copy layer style when making the name""

First I assume  that by installing the font that you included will mean the file called ""SSF4 ABUKET.ttf"" right ? I did install that but after that how can I use them in photo shop ? And for the build file how can we copy the style of the layers ? What I mean is How to add those effect for the art layer? And the same question for the text layer. Everything else Is greater that great Noz just amazing :)   :dio:
#45  September 06, 2012, 07:42:04 am
  • You PC bro?
You have to right click on the art, then click copy layer style, go to your image, right click on it and click paste layer style. That's how I'm doing it. That's right, right Noz?
#46  September 06, 2012, 08:34:09 am
Ow I understand it now. Thanks a lot !Now I can start making the portraits :)

NoZ

#47  September 06, 2012, 12:09:16 pm
    • Puerto Rico
Yup that's pretty much it
Re: WarZoNe by NoZ - Portraits???
#48  September 06, 2012, 03:04:45 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#49  September 06, 2012, 03:11:06 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

I loaded that one up on mugen last night and the only apparent colorloss starts in the armpit and goes all the way down to where the flames start.

...but its not much at all.

You get an A- from me Garuda for the nice share....but don't listen to me cuz I tend to be a nitpicker. ;)
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#50  September 06, 2012, 03:35:02 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
Thank you, i have to admit it was a rushed work and I didn't look very closely for color loss.

I am having some indexing problem with the lifebar portraits tough...

Someone care to share a mini guide on how to create it??

#51  September 06, 2012, 03:42:02 pm
just open the LIFEBAR TEMPLATE.psd delete the art layer and put on your own if the portrait is wide and gets under the green color shapes delete those pixels.And some chars have the problem with the lf portraits but just change the place you added the portrait if it was in the end of the sff file of your char just change it to the beginning after the 9000,0 sprite hope this helps :)
#52  September 06, 2012, 03:57:10 pm
  • IG @tanooki_ninja
    • Puerto Rico
    • maxbeta.webs.com/mugen.htm

Um....what he said, and I just want to add that its always safer to add the sprite at the end of the sff so you don't automatically go messing up the shared palettes.
"We need other people in order to create the circumstances for the learning that we are here to generate" RIP Adam Yauch aka MCA
www.instagram.com/tanooki_ninja
#53  September 06, 2012, 04:06:49 pm
  • PROGRESSION....ish.
    • USA
This is probably the best screenpack I've seen so far. I like the feel to it and the custom portraits are pretty neat (Making my own every now and then probably make my own thread for them). Kick-ass job, NoZ!
#54  September 06, 2012, 06:24:18 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Garuda: Proper Colorloss editing?? Regardless of what image you have and what your methods are, its a matter of clicking away one pixel at a time, with a one pixel size brush and 300% zoom. It's what I do with every single portrait I have released. All of the filters you can throw on a shit image equates to a shit image with a rushed, shoddy filtered look.

Ya can't rush art.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
#55  September 06, 2012, 08:47:14 pm
    • www.dementi.it
Thanks Saikoro!

For the LB portrait problem: I do every step correclty, but when I try to index the thfinished image I have a problem with the transparecy: pink isn't transparent!

#56  September 07, 2012, 04:18:08 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Thanks Saikoro!

For the LB portrait problem: I do every step correclty, but when I try to index the thfinished image I have a problem with the transparecy: pink isn't transparent!

IIRC, you have to open up the images palette and select the bottom most square of the right corner. Select this box and set the colors to 255, 0, 255. That should be the hot pink color that will act as your transparency. Now make that color your BG color and voila!!

#57  September 07, 2012, 08:11:26 am
    • www.dementi.it
I will try!Edit:problem solved, lifebar and win portraits are done!I have also done a new win portrait for Dan:Now I have one more problem... When I run WarZoNe in fullscreen MUGEN appears all greenish like there is a green filter.

If I take a screen shot with f12 the ss appear normal!!

Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 06:51:31 pm by Garuda
#58  September 09, 2012, 04:33:27 pm
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
While you have a nice eye for good looking art, do you not notice all of the rough looking pixels peppered throughout Dan's face?? It looks absolutely terrible when you zoom in.

I will be forward yet honest here, so I hope I'm not coming off as a dick to you. And if I am, oops.

People, you HAVE to fix details like this. Having all of these dead pixels scattered throughout a personally made portrait makes it look like shit no matter how great your art source is. Not everyone is going to be as detail crazy as NoZ, MaxBeta or I, but that doesn't mean you spend 30 minutes tops on these things.

Also, if you look at all of Mugen's awesome releases, like NoZ screenpack here, you will notice quality in the form of nice and refined .pcx work that is indexed with minimal colorloss. Does everyone need to spend 3+ hours on a master portrait template?? No. But, quality is earned, not filtered or easily clicked away.

I commend your effort Garuda, but you could do MUCH better than that measly Dan. Seriously.

#59  September 09, 2012, 11:11:50 pm
    • www.dementi.it
I need to train my eye more, because now that you mentioned it I can see all those terrible pixels!!I will improve for sure!

What about my other problem???

#60  September 10, 2012, 04:28:03 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
Which issue is that??