YesNoOk

Dead or Alive 5 HD Mugen SP (Read 51158 times)

Started by EnlightendShadow, September 27, 2012, 09:18:46 am
Share this topic:
Dead or Alive 5 HD Mugen SP
#1  September 27, 2012, 09:18:46 am
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
    • sites.google.com/site/enlightendshadow/

It's not 100% complete but the main SP is complete so I decided to release it as is seeing as DOA5 is already out on the market. I hope you guys enjoy it and if you have any question, comments, or suggestions just post below.  I'll make a release video soon and post it here. Hopefully I can also get some help creating the portraits for characters, if anyone wants to help let me know :D  I added official DOA5 music to the SP, two demo characters to show what the portraits should look like, and a new custom stage based on one of the DOA5 stages.  H-Loader did most of the animations for the SP and built the life bars and now they also have official announcer voice. Images of the SP and download links are below.  Have fun

Update 10/1/12
-added for download a selectscreen with more characters (85) that you can change between the normal 25
-added a mugen.cfg that changes the screen res to 640X360 which should run on older machines
-added for download the templates for portraits 9000, 0 - 9000,1 -  9000, 2
Let me know if this fixes some of the issues you had with the SP and if any new bugs occur let me know.  Of course if you see something wrong and can fix it by all means go ahead and share your solutions.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Skydrive Download
https://skydrive.live.com/?ppud=4#cid=89A8D01EF4D926FF&id=89A8D01EF4D926FF%21103

MediaFire Download
http://www.mediafire.com/?2qb7fa2mnmbp4w2
http://www.mediafire.com/?klmujtdsn9k3peg
http://www.mediafire.com/?8pl8awsve8zqu77
http://www.mediafire.com/?2rtn27jfdbfqdtw
[/center]
Last Edit: October 01, 2012, 09:51:56 am by EnlightendShadow
Re: Dead or Alive 5 HD Mugen SP
#2  September 27, 2012, 09:33:44 am
  • "The Wolf"
    • linkzeldar@gmail.com
Awesome Screenpack!!
#3  September 27, 2012, 09:36:17 am
    • UK
    • www.facebook.com/capcomvssnk3mugen/
Very nice screenpack excellent work!!

GLB

#4  September 27, 2012, 09:53:34 am
    • network.mugenguild.com/glb/
This looks very cool, thanks for sharing.
#5  September 27, 2012, 10:40:33 am
    • www.ablsearch.com/gamingforum/
Awesome work.. Do you have a 640x480 version?  Thanks for the share
New MUGEN Forum Opened
#6  September 27, 2012, 04:21:00 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Will test out and post my 2 cents in bit later on. Sweet man.
#7  September 27, 2012, 05:33:34 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I second a 640x480 version if this isn't compatible.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#8  September 27, 2012, 07:44:44 pm
  • My, you scream most magnificently!
    • USA
    • www.youtube.com/user/hnwfwrestling
Looks great!!!
#9  September 27, 2012, 08:02:52 pm
  • In-training Artist
    • Colombia
#10  September 28, 2012, 04:28:02 am
  • Lurker and Appreciator of MUGEN
    • USA
This is great. Looks sweet!

#11  September 28, 2012, 12:28:46 pm
good work & do we have to make the templates ourselves
#12  September 28, 2012, 02:13:49 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
I'm glad you guys like it, I've been working on it for some time but I don't feel like I'm completely done with it yet so we will see what I release with it later.  As for a 640 x 480 version, I don't have one and wasn't really planning on making one in that resolution but I do still have all of the parts needed to make the SP.  Maybe someone wants to convert it for me? Oh and for the portraits I will post a link to the templates later on this week and have some instructions along with them just in case you guys want to make it look like the portraits I have with the SP. Since you guys have played with it a little would you mind giving me some feedback and suggestions on how to improve it a bit?
#13  September 28, 2012, 04:11:13 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Send me a link with the parts and I will include in my later projects for the this upcoming quarter. Great job guy's and the only thing, I noticed is the fonts on the title screen. They are to bunch together, give them some space.
#14  September 28, 2012, 07:24:06 pm
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
Awesome screenpack  EnlightendShadow. I had downloaded and turns out that it actually runs slow on my laptop for some odd reason. Oh well i was hoping to use this screenpack, maybe if big boss make the 640x480 conversion i can run it better.
#15  September 28, 2012, 07:32:40 pm
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
id give you ALL THE REPS if you did that bigboss :P. looks like Something I would use for a very small mugen. to bad only kasumi and ayane exist.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:01:26 am by Laharl
#16  September 28, 2012, 11:49:28 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
@ bigboss
Alright I'll get you the parts you need to convert the SP and the templates you need for the portraits.  I'll look into the fonts on the main menu and see if I can make it look better.  Thanks for the feedback

@nero
I'm wondering if you were to change the resolution in mugen.cfg file to 640 X 360 if the SP would run better on your machine?  Give it a try and let me know if it works for you.  If you have issues changing it let me know and I'll send you a modified version of the file.
#17  September 29, 2012, 03:01:13 am
  • PROGRESSION....ish.
    • USA
This looks cool, been a fan of the series since... DOA 4 lol! I like the dark look to it, but the only problem is there are very few characters to pick and the lifebars are, I wouldn't say plain, but it seems empty, needs more. Other than that its really good.
#18  September 29, 2012, 08:57:16 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
This is quite a beautiful Screenpack. Nicely done. It's a wonderful thing to have such options available to us Mugen users. Thanks for the fantastic share!! :sugoi:

If I had more time, I'd convert portraits over to this format too. :(
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#19  September 29, 2012, 10:36:47 am
  • Unrealistic Reality
  • ______________________
    • USA
 @EnlightendShadow thanks for the suggestion. I had to switch the render mode back to system to get it to run properly.
#20  October 06, 2012, 12:38:26 pm
  • CVS3 = Win
    • USA
@ azure x
Thanks for the suggestions, changing the number of select-able characters isn't that hard so I'll make a few different options and add them as updates so the user can choose their select screen.

D  Since Mugen is a community it would be rather lame if I just kept the SP's I made private so as long as I'm making them I'll keep releasing them :).  I also wish I had more time to spend on my hobby and make all the portraits myself and of course making more SP's but unfortunately for all of us there is a thing named life that must be attended to...

@Nero
So did that fix the issue? Are you now able to run the SP at full speed?  If so please share so others that were having the slowdown issue can also experience this SP.  Thx

Posted: October 01, 2012, 09:53:32 am
I've added a few fixes that will change the resolution to the SP and add more characters to the SP as well.  Just go to the very first post and download them from skydrive or mediafire.  Let me know if the changes helped you out. enjoy

Posted: October 06, 2012, 12:37:19 pm
For those of you that want to help make portraits for this SP here is the tutorial

DOA5 Mugen Portrait Tutorial 1