Urien By Froz
#1  October 04, 2012, 10:29:12 pm
    • USA
Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 11:39:40 pm by A.I
Re: Urien By Froz
#2  October 04, 2012, 10:32:05 pm
  • There is a demente in everyone!
    • www.dementi.it
I was waiting for this, thank you! I will try him out as soon as possible!!

#3  October 04, 2012, 10:49:13 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome and I you added the missing sounds to him. Making a port now for my upcoming screen pack.
#4  October 04, 2012, 11:21:01 pm
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
Some Feedback.

-Whenever I grab Shin Gouki by POTS, This happens. (Kick Grab) (also happens to Dan by POTS)
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-I feel like you should be able to cancel out of his Down + Z (personally)

-A little picky but I don't think he can juggle very much, that's just a personal preference though (Except pressing C+Z)

-I cannot hit the opponent with EX Specials after doing both hits from Down + Z but I can with regular specials?

-This happens to a few characters (Takuma by Infinite used as an example)

Seems to be okay on some characters if you're throwing them forward

That's all I can really find for now, otherwise this is a really good creation, thanks Froz!
I still have to make those Palettes that you requested me to do, I'll get them done when I can, been busy lately.
Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 11:45:01 pm by Hyōgo™

SNT

#5  October 04, 2012, 11:25:12 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Same problem as Hyogo with the kick throw.
#6  October 05, 2012, 12:01:13 am
    • USA
the throw patch was added, turns out i used changeanim (rather than using changeanim2) that should fix the problem.

Download (same link) => Patch => Extract the file.
Replace the old "normal.st" found in the states folder with the one extracted.
#7  October 05, 2012, 12:16:12 am
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
Oh yes!
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#8  October 05, 2012, 12:37:06 am
  • The Chaos has ended. You will be remembered!
    • Germany
Shouldn´t EX version of Violence Knee Drop knock p2 down too?
#9  October 05, 2012, 01:27:35 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
one thing is the charged up energy ball when he says Kill supposed to do more damage than if you normally fire it cause it doers the exact same.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?

DW

#10  October 05, 2012, 01:29:18 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
Here's some feedback....

Shouldn´t EX version of Violence Knee Drop knock p2 down too?
-^^This

-His powerbomb slam is still pretty woinky and loose. You're getting there, but still needs work...

It also looks weird when he's holding them above his head. Along with when the foe impacts the ground feels off.

-His vels seem a bit high imo. Is Urien that fast? In terms of his running speed equivalent to him as a char. I know there's no running in SF3, so you had to "guesstimate" his running speed. Feels too fast for him imo. His yaccel also feels too much. Maybe .5 will work better? I'm assuming you have it at .58. This works for most chars using a CVS base, but some of them fall slower. Like Dhalsim, Sagat, Zangief. Feels like Urien should fall a bit slower as well.

-I can cancel into Aegis Reflector during the anim of his projectile move before he even fires it out. He's very limited in cancels altogether. Whether it be normal to special, or specials to supers.

-Some of his clsns could be optimized, like his crouching anim. There's no need for the little clsn covering his waist/one for his upper body/one for his legs/ one for his head. One for the head, one for the body, that's all you need. More times than not, you never need more than 3 blue clsns to cover the bases for a char.

Very solid first release. Needs some fine tuning, but that doesn't take anything away from him. Good job and stay focused! It took me about that long to make Mai, so I know how you feel lol. It'll begin to become easier on you as time progresses. Looking forward to updates and future releases from you. :)
Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 01:35:11 am by HollywoodWolf
#11  October 05, 2012, 03:39:07 am
  • Was it something I said?
Some feedback for you:

-Both levels of Temporal Thunder sometimes stops after 2 hits, and just disappears.

-In his choke throw, I feel he should light up a bit when you tap the buttons. If you're not sure what I mean, look at PotS E. Honda hug throw, or Jmorphman's Joe's kick throw.

-Also, the charge particles just go below his hand. Maybe you could position it to his arm or hand, perhaps?

one thing is the charged up energy ball when he says Kill supposed to do more damage than if you normally fire it cause it doers the exact same.
-^ This, and Urien is supposed to have a few electric sparks come from his arm while he's charging it up.

-You should link Metallic Spear and Chariot Tackle with the Supers, so he can get more combos out of it.

-Also, this happened while fighting against Ken.

-Happened while using the choke grab again. Ken's stuck, and Urien can't attack him.

-When blocked, EX Dangerous Headbutt keeps hitting infinitely until opponent is either hit by it, or Urien hits the ground.

I also like the feel that Urien is a character you have to strategize in order to win, such as with Street Fighter 3, and his Lvl 3 fits him perfectly. This is a very good release.
Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 07:10:10 am by Knuckles8864
#12  October 05, 2012, 03:42:03 am
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
He looks great! When I have the chance I will download him. BTW at the top where he's slamming KFM what stage is that?
#13  October 05, 2012, 03:58:41 am
  • I see you.
    • www.mugenfreeforall.com
I wonder if someone could color separate him so we could give him pants lol.

You'll fix chuchoryu ? Sounds like a plan. How about you code him from scratch instead ?
#14  October 05, 2012, 04:01:48 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
#15  October 06, 2012, 01:49:31 am
    • USA
Update 10/05/2012

-Metallic Sphere does more damage when charged and the FX has been added to notify the charge progress.
-Config added for EX Violence Knee Drop. (You can now choose whether it be Source accurate (Doesn't knock out the opponent) or Knocks out opponent)
-Tuned his "Spartan Bomb" Grapple.
-Constants tuned. (According to DW's feedback)
-Cancels have been added/tuned.
-Temporal Thunder has been fixed.
-"Destroy Claw" Grapple has been fixed. (By fixing, i mean the Mashing buttons part has been fixed, i can't figure, what causes the P2 Release)
-Charge Particle axis has been fixed.
-EX Dangerous Headbutt no longer does +2 hits if opponent blocks.

Link (And Alt. Link) is at the first post.

Thank all of you, For the support, feedback and patience. :P

Very solid first release. Needs some fine tuning, but that doesn't take anything away from him. Good job and stay focused! It took me about that long to make Mai, so I know how you feel lol. It'll begin to become easier on you as time progresses. Looking forward to updates and future releases from you. :)

Thanks, congrats on the CoTM award!
#16  October 06, 2012, 02:11:50 am
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Awesome character here folks, get him while he's available. Great update man.

DW

#17  October 06, 2012, 03:59:12 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#18  October 06, 2012, 04:05:13 am
  • Was it something I said?
Few more feedback:
- Both Temporal Thunder Supers stop and disappear when projectiles hit it.

- Not sure if I'm right, but I think when Staub/Divine meant EX Violent Drop should hit two times, but the second hit should knock the opponent down on the ground.

- I think I misinterpreted my last last feedback with Metallic Spear and Chariot Tackle. What I meant to say was they should cancel to the supers.  :omg:

- EX Metallic Spear should be two hits. And after it hits, the sparks keep following in that pattern.

DW

#19  October 06, 2012, 04:06:52 am
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
#20  October 06, 2012, 07:10:56 am
  • For honor!

In Spartan Bomb, the opponent's head is too high for a brief moment just as the impact begins.
Iroha stripped for me