YesNoOk

True K' (MKJ) NEXT UPDATE COMPLETE (Read 33266 times)

Started by MKJ, September 26, 2012, 12:07:57 am
Share this topic:

MKJ

True K' (MKJ) NEXT UPDATE COMPLETE
#1  September 26, 2012, 12:07:57 am
  • Eat your heart out Dave
Sorry If it's been a while, my computer was broken all summer. But now, I have finaly completed my second to last update on True K'

Few Pics:

Different about this K':

-Different looking supers made by me (original chaindrive,heavensdrive)

-New specials, supers and Hypers created in accordance to K's style (Burning Mirage, Violent Combination, Final Heatdrive)

-Chaindrive and Burning Mirage (original super) have cross cancel chain link supers available, which crosses up to lvl 3 (variable crossing coming soon)

-Different flame effects, sounds, supersparks, etc.... implemented into K's moves

-Slightly better AI (I'm not good with AI, if you want to change it be my guest)

Here is a little preview of some of his skills:

http://youtu.be/yPTSBYfloTs

And...........Here is the DOWNLOAD:

True K' (MKJ)

Feedback is appreciated, enjoy.

Posted: September 27, 2012, 09:04:41 pm
Link Has been Updated, few things I had patched and added:

-New Movelist for normal, special, and supers, cross cancel chain links and EXTINCTION HSDM

-Removed a few pointless items to reduce file size

-No more AI popping random intro poses in the middle of matches (at least I think)

-Added a width conroller to second part of Idignation cross cancel super to keep K' from phasing in front of enemy when he's suppose to be behind

-Added Palfx to enemy during Realization cross cancel super

-Fixed heavensdrive super to revert back to state 0 if it doesn't make contact with enemy.

If anyone sees a debug message about a "state 2044" let me know.
"Everyone likes a kidder, but no one gives him money"

"Pray not to have easier lives, but pray to be stronger men"

"If the whole world had a good sense of humor, there wouldn't be sitcoms anymore"
Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 12:07:33 am by MKJ
Re: True K' (MKJ) NEXT UPDATE COMPLETE
#2  September 27, 2012, 09:26:04 pm
  • Bleh...
    • USA
    • mknight281@gmail.com
Very Nice moves and style, I like it, and the "1st Cross Cancel" and "2nd Cross Cancel" thing is a very nice concept.
Sometimes the toughest battles in life are the ones with yourself.
#3  September 27, 2012, 09:30:36 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
my slight problem is that one of the palettes has a palette swap during one of his win poses

MKJ

#4  September 27, 2012, 09:41:42 pm

"If the whole world had a good sense of humor, there wouldn't be sitcoms anymore"
#5  September 27, 2012, 09:43:33 pm
  • Are you ready?
    • USA

MKJ

#6  September 28, 2012, 01:01:01 am

#7  October 08, 2012, 07:37:36 pm
  • Bleh...
    • USA
    • mknight281@gmail.com
Theres a few things I found. A black box pops up at the bottom of the screen I think whenever K' does a counter hit, and when the computer K' wins the round he doesn't do any winposes, just stands there.
Sometimes the toughest battles in life are the ones with yourself.

MKJ

#8  October 08, 2012, 07:55:01 pm
Theres a few things I found. A black box pops up at the bottom of the screen I think whenever K' does a counter hit, and when the computer K' wins the round he doesn't do any winposes, just stands there.

Link has been updated, those problems should be fixed now.

#9  October 09, 2012, 04:52:14 am
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
screen shot pls

MKJ

#10  October 11, 2012, 06:43:49 am

#11  October 11, 2012, 06:02:41 pm
Awesome character!  Feel more True and not just over powered.( I like to hold on to your previous versions as they all have difrent HSDMS)   Timeing for cancels are too tight or at least have the cancel start at the end of each part. Can't even pull of the third part.

MKJ

#12  October 11, 2012, 11:19:44 pm
Awesome character!  Feel more True and not just over powered.( I like to hold on to your previous versions as they all have difrent HSDMS)   Timeing for cancels are too tight or at least have the cancel start at the end of each part. Can't even pull of the third part.

Thank you, I thought some of the cross cancel sequences might have been a bit too tight for some people. I'll probably set the availability to initiate the cancels back a bit more for a bigger window opportunity. I might bring one or two of those huge HSDM moves back with a better look so stay tuned.

#13  October 12, 2012, 01:45:48 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
I like what you're trying to do here, but this character needs work. Some of (almost all) of his supers drag on for far too long, and the same can be said for one of his intros. His effects (especially during his supers) are too flashy. For example, the 2002 UM HSDM portrait should be reserved for his lvl 3s if anything at all. His cross cancels are especially long. You'll seriously want to shorten them, they're far too flashy and reek of style over substance. This is a shame, because I genuinely think this character can be great. His hitsparks also seem a bit unnecessarily stylish, just some simple KOF hitsparks will do. If you want the hitsparks to still be flashy, perhaps KOF 13's hitsparks will work for you. His voices are also inconsistent, I think you'd just be best using his KOF 2002 UM voices and leaving it at that. Why didn't the readme list most of the moves? Most of his teleporting during supers seem rather unnecessary. Again, it's a bit too flashy for most peoples' tastes. Now for some actual gameplay suggestions.
-His attacks do quite a bit too much damage. I'd recommend lowering them and giving him some damage scaling. For example, a very simple Y<Fwd.X<DP+Y<A/B takes off damage that a lvl 2 should. You'll want to experiment and see what makes this character more "fair", so to speak.
-One of his Ein Trigger variants should at least knock the enemy down. This would give some more distinction between the two so they aren't used interchangeably.
-Make his moves that require Z or C instead require X+Y or A+B, respectively. It maintains consistency, since I assume this K' is meant to be a 4-button character.
That's all I have for now. I'll post as I have more. This character does have potential, you'll just need to further it from the generic "Orochi God" edits.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?

MKJ

#14  October 12, 2012, 06:08:55 am
I like what you're trying to do here, but this character needs work. Some of (almost all) of his supers drag on for far too long, and the same can be said for one of his intros. His effects (especially during his supers) are too flashy. For example, the 2002 UM HSDM portrait should be reserved for his lvl 3s if anything at all. His cross cancels are especially long. You'll seriously want to shorten them, they're far too flashy and reek of style over substance. This is a shame, because I genuinely think this character can be great. His hitsparks also seem a bit unnecessarily stylish, just some simple KOF hitsparks will do. If you want the hitsparks to still be flashy, perhaps KOF 13's hitsparks will work for you. His voices are also inconsistent, I think you'd just be best using his KOF 2002 UM voices and leaving it at that. Why didn't the readme list most of the moves? Most of his teleporting during supers seem rather unnecessary. Again, it's a bit too flashy for most peoples' tastes. Now for some actual gameplay suggestions.
-His attacks do quite a bit too much damage. I'd recommend lowering them and giving him some damage scaling. For example, a very simple Y<Fwd.X<DP+Y<A/B takes off damage that a lvl 2 should. You'll want to experiment and see what makes this character more "fair", so to speak.
-One of his Ein Trigger variants should at least knock the enemy down. This would give some more distinction between the two so they aren't used interchangeably.
-Make his moves that require Z or C instead require X+Y or A+B, respectively. It maintains consistency, since I assume this K' is meant to be a 4-button character.
That's all I have for now. I'll post as I have more. This character does have potential, you'll just need to further it from the generic "Orochi God" edits.

I see...

I can change that intro to be a little shorter, since it does stick out pretty long from the rest of the intros and makes it seem unbalanced. Removing the HSDM portraits for the cross cancels is a reasonable idea. Most of the cross cancel moves I made are mostly overzealous manifests of my imagination, to be honest I made 95% of him through testing on a mugen game that was set beyond normal game speed without knowing so on normal he is much slower than I anticipated. But I get carried away sometimes and it is going to be a hassle shortening them If needed since I'll need to reproduce the structure of the supers from scratch again. I've seen the same style of KOF games in a bunch of other K' chars created in mugen, other than a few modifications to the authors liking,  I just wanted to break away from that uniformity a little. The stretching of his style and his "Phasing"
(i.e. teleport but is more based on him having speed)  is supposed to portray a sense of elevation in his power, hence being True K' in accordance of achieving in what I would make up in my own thoughts as his realization of his exceptional potential. KOFXIII hitsparks would be kind of out of place on an older version of KOF char sprites, would it not? And if I were to do so, that would have to be followed with the XIII hitsounds, sound effects and such as well if it were to fit in with him. There are a few voices that seem out of place, but not most of them, they could easily be replaced with more similar voices without having to revert it all to one voice set. I only put in the new moves and cross cancels that I made myself in the readme, since the rest of K's moves I believe should be self-explainatory to the typical KOF player or even just Mugen player. I do realize the damage issue, I've been wanting to apply a dampener in him but I am not very familiar of producing such an application yet. And the knock down eine trigger can be made, and I'll put the lvl 2 supers in the X+Y or A+B but I think the lvl 3 HSDM moves are better off most likely in the Z or C since that was portrayed in some other KOF chars and mugen as well.

I really appreciate this feedback though, it helps alot......and like the Orochi God edits? Oh good, gracious God no....I wouldn't insult K' like that.

#15  October 12, 2012, 06:18:26 am
  • tired
Yeah, I could tell you at least put effort into him. But if the KOF 13 hitsparks would stand out so much, then why do his default hitsparks look nothing like KOF sparks? But I disagree on having to put in KOF 13 hitsounds and whatnot. I've seen some rather unlike hitsparks and effects on chars in my day (mostly due to default hitsparks and common.snd's being from different sources). I was more concerned about the lack of his default moves in the readme because not everybody has played KOF, like myself before I discovered Mugen. Had I not picked up KOF 13 and other K' characters, I'd have no clue what his default moves were. I suppose I'll be fine with the lvl 3's using Z and C, I just use a controller and I prefer for all of the required buttons to be on the face is all. If the teleport is really just him flash-stepping, perhaps he could disappear a different way? Maybe it could resemble Angel's teleport/dash attacks... I'll not have Mugen for a little while after this, but I'll still be able to give suggestions and feedback on ideas.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:24:07 am by C.A.N

MKJ

#16  October 12, 2012, 06:40:24 am
The sparks won't seem to fit well with the older KOF hitsounds in K' regardless, that just kinda seems a little...yucky. I might update the readme in my spare time, just will take a little time. Angel's dash attacks is where I got some of that inspiration from, but I'd most likely have to create new sprites that have that behavior if I wanted it more that way, which is a hassle. Some of it is also a merge of Jins K-BLOOD and Tutaya's K'Bloo char as well, which is why it is like that.

#17  October 13, 2012, 05:30:42 am
I'm glad your gonna ajust the timing for his cancels
I like his hit sparks and that they are over the top but I'm not a purist.
Shordening his moves coud add to the replay value.
Level threes are expected to be alittle longer since you don't see them alot.
I perfered the last update of meta_k when they shortened his winged hsdm.
Does he have a sliding spike drive follow up to iens trigger? if not I'd like that added.
He's really coming along, Looking forward to future updates and the lvl fives.
Maybe you could leave them as an option to add in the code to keep the puris happy.
I like alittle over powered heck thats why I play mugen.
I can't help you with the damage scaling issue.
#18  October 13, 2012, 05:49:53 am
  • tired
Well, maybe he could look like he's about to dash, disappear (not splitting into two, hence why I thought he teleported), make a dashing noise and the move starts up. That and I'd be fine with you changing his hitsounds, KOF XI's hitsounds are just not my favorite.

2OS

#19  October 13, 2012, 03:15:37 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
player beat in state 777 changed to invalid action 9741

MKJ

#20  October 14, 2012, 12:06:52 am
I'm glad your gonna ajust the timing for his cancels
I like his hit sparks and that they are over the top but I'm not a purist.
Shordening his moves coud add to the replay value.
Level threes are expected to be alittle longer since you don't see them alot.
I perfered the last update of meta_k when they shortened his winged hsdm.
Does he have a sliding spike drive follow up to iens trigger? if not I'd like that added.
He's really coming along, Looking forward to future updates and the lvl fives.
Maybe you could leave them as an option to add in the code to keep the puris happy.
I like alittle over powered heck thats why I play mugen.
I can't help you with the damage scaling issue.

I've got a few ideas to shorten those supers and lengthen cross cancel timing, I'll try as much as I can.  I was thinking of havingthat sliding spike trigger for eine trigger as wel as some other additions. lvl five HSDM's (or BLSDM, for Bloodline Limit Super Danger Move, whtver) will most likely be the last thing I add in and I was planning to have an option to keep them off or not too. I'll just look up damage dampener tutorials or compatible dampeners available.

Well, maybe he could look like he's about to dash, disappear (not splitting into two, hence why I thought he teleported), make a dashing noise and the move starts up. That and I'd be fine with you changing his hitsounds, KOF XI's hitsounds are just not my favorite.

Okay, something like him leaving a quickly fading image of himself behind when he dissappears? I think I could do that, but maybe one or two of his animations I'll leave the other thing cuz some I believe are better off like that and it provides a little variety. If you guys want, I will make one K' char set with these hitsounds and sparks, and then another with XIII hitsounds and sparks in my next update, fair enough?

player beat in state 777 changed to invalid action 9741

Oh yeah right I forgot about that, accidentally deleted that when I was organizing (also had to restore some sprites in his 191 intro), I fixed it. Link is upated.