YesNoOk

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (Read 871931 times)

Started by Jesuszilla, September 29, 2011, 10:17:18 pm
Share this topic:

SNT

Re: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
#121  October 12, 2012, 06:20:14 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Every week there seems to be a new guy streaming it for /a/.  This week it's this guy.

Also that OP is breathtaking.
#122  October 16, 2012, 05:53:17 am
    • Puerto Rico
#123  October 16, 2012, 12:51:20 pm
  • what a shame
    • Iran
Clint Eastwood is still the man.
#124  October 22, 2012, 03:53:14 am
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#125  October 22, 2012, 02:46:12 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Saw episode 2 and 3.

Getting even better.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#126  October 22, 2012, 03:47:16 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Episode 3 had a bunch of QUALITY moments. But as someone said before, it's still better than most of the stuff airing this season.
At this rate we'll be done with part 1 in five episodes or so.
#127  October 22, 2012, 03:51:24 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Im pretty sure part 1(THERE) was not THAT short. Even if this is moving very fast.

Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:00:07 pm by Lolmechy
#128  October 22, 2012, 03:59:13 pm
Part 1 in 5 episodes, not part 5 :P
What's coming of part 1 has a bunch of slower stuff, so I'd say maybe not five episodes total for part 1 but at least 6, probably 7, at most 8 episodes total (so 3 or 4 more). Still, we're definitely getting part 2 and we'll have a lot of room to fit it in 2 seasons.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#129  October 22, 2012, 03:59:54 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Whoops, fixed.

ALSO

#130  October 22, 2012, 04:25:06 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
It's good that people are enjoying the worse arc that jojo has to offer, I guess that it being so retro is helping a lot; it will be even better when the superior arcs get animated.
#131  October 22, 2012, 04:39:12 pm
Yeah, actually I was wondering if they weren't blazing through part 1 to get rid of the oldest, less original, most cliché arc to quickly get to the more interesting ones (notably arcs 2 and 3). Still, the visual style they're giving it is stunning (those colors and line arts), so we can just hope they'll keep it. The next arcs will be the best thing on TV ever if they keep that style. Rock and groovy at the same time (especially in arc 2 and the US in the '30s-'40s, I expect they throw some jazz in).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 04:43:58 pm by DKDC

SNT

#132  October 22, 2012, 04:51:32 pm
  • Super Old Bitter Dude
    • Australia
Possibly into Part 3 as well, seeing as Jotaro's dad is a jazz musician.  That is, if David animates it.
#133  October 22, 2012, 05:14:26 pm
Depends, they could do it by era, jazz fits the US of the '20s to '40s, but part 3 in the '90s would be more rock I think. But that's only if they change the atmosphere to fit the part, music would play a big role in that.
#134  October 22, 2012, 05:58:41 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Part 1 is really "charming" partially due to the cliches and unintentional hilarity in in. I do hope this runs to the later parts as well.

#135  October 22, 2012, 06:33:51 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
but part 2+ is genuinely good, hilarity is intentional and it revolutionized combat manga. I see where you go with part 1, tho.
#136  October 22, 2012, 06:39:16 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
yeah I know. Even Araki does not like part 1 that much.

Jojolion is pretty good so far too.

#137  October 23, 2012, 07:58:17 am
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
yeah I know. Even Araki does not like part 1 that much.

Jojolion is pretty good so far too.
Doesn't like it? Where/when the hell did he say that? If that were true, why would he bother having released a game AND a theatrical film of Phantom Blood as opposed to say, Battle Tendency or Diamond Is Unbreakable (Is Not Crash)? And for those of you saying this arc is rushed, it's most likely due to that very reason into why they're making such vast progress in a short amount of time.
#138  October 23, 2012, 10:02:14 am
#139  October 23, 2012, 10:36:33 am
  • My common sense is tingling!
    • USA
    • youtube.com/mapleps3
why would he bother having released a game AND a theatrical film of Phantom Blood
Since when is he the one who decides to do those things ?
Nothing Jojo related is released without his consent. It's a well known trait about Araki that nothing flies with his works unless he allows it. Example: It's the reason why the PS2 games weren't released outside of Japan. Araki refused to change any character or stand names because of possible copyright infringements in other countries, to maintain the integrity of his IP.

Which is also why there's doubt that the new PS3 fighter will even see our shores.
Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 10:42:50 am by Shaddap
#140  October 23, 2012, 10:41:55 am
His agreement to a proposition doesn't meant he favors this or that though, unless he's very anal retentive and only cares that it's something he doesn't like, no matter the quality of the product. If it's true he doesn't like it "that much", he won't do more about it, but it doesn't mean he would stop others from doing something proper for it, does it ?

The copyright thing is completely different, he actually didn't want to change the names but wasn't allowed to keep them, that's a lot different from what mechy was saying. (as for the PS3 game they said were looking into it instead of denying it immediately, so it's still open)