YesNoOk

Majin Vegeta Z2 [Project] (Read 539876 times)

Started by Balthazar, October 29, 2012, 02:20:10 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Majin Vegeta Z2
#61  October 30, 2012, 02:37:44 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Final Explosion is the stupidest move in the history of the series IMO. It did jack shit. If it's full on Majin focusing on the sadistic nature and insanity then he should NOT have it. He only used it because he grew a conscious. Fuck that.
But it's like iconic, man! >:(
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#62  October 30, 2012, 02:43:12 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Yeah and what happens when you're on a roll and you accidentally trigger it? Maybe as a winpose or one of the killing finishers. I never liked it because it was kind of dull IMO. Maybe if it was a unique version like a hyper ass fury combo that ended with him grabbing the opponent and exploding. THAT I'd be all about. Not the whole, "I'm gonna stand here and make a sob story speech about how I'm an asshole but really a big softy then gonna explode."
#63  October 30, 2012, 02:44:23 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Hm, perhaps as a finisher to his lvl 3 similar to how Forbidden Genkidama works in Goku? That'd be a nice touch. I agree, an angry explosion would be awesome. He'd be all like "YOU GONNA DIE!" and he blows up because he's so angry or something.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#64  October 30, 2012, 02:50:16 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
lookin good. also balth if you plan on doing his move he did on fat buu (the one when he shot a ki blast through his stomach) I did the sprites for my vegeta if you want to use them to make it.
#65  October 30, 2012, 03:04:25 am
a hyper ass fury combo that ended with him grabbing the opponent and exploding

That sounds awesome.

My suggestion for final explosion is that it could work similarly or just like "Otoko Michi" in POTS' Dan.
#66  October 30, 2012, 05:37:12 am
  • Not for sale
Kinda feel like he does really need that "M" and some wicked veins popping out of his arms. Couldn't things like that be added just as well as the aura?

Interesting project, though. I take it he will have the same stance as standard Vegeta?
Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 05:40:26 am by AugustAPC
#67  October 30, 2012, 05:57:51 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
please guys, An M isn't that important, an intro to show's he's majin is good enough. I hope you guys don't use 3 pages to keep asking about a damn letter. It's hardly important.
#68  October 30, 2012, 06:08:06 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
Being Majin Vegeta, it and the dark eyeliner are signature to any Majin, so it's going to be questioned time and time again if not added, Neo.  It's not important to gameplay, but it's important as a part of the character's design.

It's like if Ryu just stopped wearing gloves and a headband one game.
#69  October 30, 2012, 06:14:34 am
  • Not for sale
I'm asking if it was possible to add it in the same regard as the aura. Don't get your panties in a twist over it.
#70  October 30, 2012, 06:23:24 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Oh my Kai. Are you people seriously complaining about the 'M'? He's not going to go and redo all the sprites adding it. I can see it being in a winpose or intro, but Jebus stop the complaining and rub yourselves over the fact this shit is about to happen....
I'm
#71  October 30, 2012, 06:38:09 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Being Majin Vegeta, it and the dark eyeliner are signature to any Majin, so it's going to be questioned time and time again if not added, Neo.  It's not important to gameplay, but it's important as a part of the character's design.

It's like if Ryu just stopped wearing gloves and a headband one game.

no it's not, lol The M on his head isn't as important or the dark lining. You have to realize I've done tons of majin vegeta remakes and Added the M to his head when the sprites were smaller than this. It's a pain in the ass, and hardly worth the trouble of trying to be extremely authentic. giving him red electricity could be a replacement. Plus the fact his name is majin vegeta.

#72  October 30, 2012, 06:50:36 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA
If you want a replacement to represent that it is Majin Vegeta, then by all means.  It's still going to be asked why the trademark logo is missing, the point being.  Like taking off Superman's S.

Also, if the sprites were hard but not impossible on smaller takes on the character that you've done....wouldn't it be better to strive to try to implement them here where there's more room to add it?

As per the name....that's kinda why the M is wanted.  A quick change to SSJ Vegeta like in the first image in the opening post for the thread, what's there to tell the difference between the two?
#73  October 30, 2012, 07:13:11 am
  • PSN&Steam: ViBeZ8282/Le-Fiction
    • USA
    • vonthegreat653@hotmail.com
Final Explosion is the stupidest move in the history of the series IMO. It did jack shit. If it's full on Majin focusing on the sadistic nature and insanity then he should NOT have it. He only used it because he grew a conscious. Fuck that.

no its not it was a last Ditch effort to kill Buu he wasnt all Evil cause he knocked out Goku cause of being on the sidelines for too long and he knew if he died fighting Buu he will go down like a Hero so its not Stupid
#74  October 30, 2012, 07:22:38 am
  • Not for sale
Balth already said that there was a possibility that they'd add an aura in the future. I'm just curious if they'd add some of the other "Majin" aesthetics in that same regard.

No one is telling Balth to go and add the M to all his sprites before releasing the character.
#75  October 30, 2012, 07:38:47 am
    • Canada
As much as I understand how much of a pain in the ass it would be to place the "M" on his forehead, I have to agree with it. It should be there. Either that, or the aura. Something needs to stand out that says "Bitch, I'm Evil!" :devil:

Yeah and what happens when you're on a roll and you accidentally trigger it? Maybe as a winpose or one of the killing finishers. I never liked it because it was kind of dull IMO. Maybe if it was a unique version like a hyper ass fury combo that ended with him grabbing the opponent and exploding. THAT I'd be all about. Not the whole, "I'm gonna stand here and make a sob story speech about how I'm an asshole but really a big softy then gonna explode."

You're asking them to remove a signature move because only you think it's stupid and dull...? And seeing as how there is NO movelist yet and/or what the possible conditions are to activate it, your whole "accidentally trigger" argument kinda has zero value? So how about we not jump the gun. He'll have other supers...

EDIT: Cybaster, if you haven't got it yet, check your PM. I just send you my Chris Sabat wav files. :dio:
Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 07:50:48 am by KojiroBADNESS
#76  October 30, 2012, 07:44:56 am
  • StormEX
  • | Content Creator | Gamer | Programmer |
    • USA
    • Twitch.tv/ZayOsirisGaming
Just add the M. I don't see the big deal. Its not like such a small thing will halt the character any. It wouldn't take but 5 seconds to add it, so just do what's best for the sake of being source accurate.
#77  October 30, 2012, 08:04:12 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
So you guys all remember CVS Rugal by Warusaki3 ? Like many other characters, he could use his Evil/God/Shin mode by pressing Start+button on the select screen.
As God Rugal, in this case, he didn't have his torn clothes, since he was using normal Rugal sprites, just with different palettes (and obviously gameplay).
Later on, Warusaki still released a standalone God Rugal with the torn clothes.

I personally do NOT want to work on another different standalone character (as I'm doing with Goku) and would rather have Majin Vegeta as an EX mode for Vegeta, using the same SFF and all. This will speed up work and make it easy for everybody. I can always split up the chars like POTS Ryu with different DEF files.
This means : no fucking "M".
However, if Majin Vegeta makes it as a standalone version later on, maybe he'll get one. But for now, I'm planning on using Vegeta's SFF and code and ad Majin as EX mode, and Balthazar is not willing to add the "M", so you'll all have to deal with it !

I'm really happy to see the interest you have in these characters, and it motivates me even more. And we're all open for discussion all the time, this is what makes things better. But sometimes I feel you guys are overdoing it with the requests and "we want this" / "he needs that".
We make Goku, you want SSJ Goku.
We make SSJ Goku, you want color separation.
We add color separation, you want more color separation.
We make Vegeta, you want Majin Vegeta.
We get a professional voice actor for Vegeta, you want 20 other voice packs.
We make Majin Vegeta, we get 3 pages of "add a M".
We make Gohan, you want Teen Gohan or Adult Gohan with only one arm.
STOP IT !!!

Tough shit guys, we can't make everything and please everybody. Decisions are made, for the good of the team, of the majority (not the 47%) and to make development smoother.
#78  October 30, 2012, 08:08:41 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Just to spite everyone, you should sprite a W on Vegeta's forehead, color-seperate his nose, and call him Wavegeta. He'd attack by farting on people.
#79  October 30, 2012, 08:09:14 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
the small 3 black pixels that he would end up with in his forehead would be invisible in most of his motions outside the stance, its simply not worth it to have a spriter going over all that work instead of doing other characters he wants to do and new animations.
Most games simply remove the M, the one that had it, had it as two pixels blur on the head, making it pretty much invisible.
I dont think its happening.
Dont lose sleep on it, I wont.
( dont count on sixty frames per second aura either )

(Maybe count on final forgiveness.)
#80  October 30, 2012, 08:11:53 am
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
^
+1000!

And an aura added later is something we've been thinking about...DIDN'T YOU READ THE FUCKING FIRST POST???
But yeah...We're doing Majin Vegeta using Vegeta's .sff, and that's final.
We're doing this character now because it's low effort - high reward.
The M business stops NOW.
I'm not going to go through every sprite he has just to add a few fucking pixels you can hardly see!
Re-exporting them, and Cy re-adding the to the .sff is just not worth it.

So shut up and just wait what we're delivering you. You know it's good in the end. Trust our decisions.

@Neocide:

I got it covered :D
Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 08:18:01 am by Balthazar