1.1 alpha testers... (Read 5677 times)

Started by barilanto, November 08, 2012, 06:55:38 pm
Share this topic:
Re: 1.1 alpha testers...
#21  November 09, 2012, 11:06:30 am
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#22  November 09, 2012, 11:28:49 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
1- so, less than 10 or more than 10?
2- what sort of things do you guys do with those copies?
3- yeah yeah, testing it, but can you elaborate some?
4- uhm, some feature of it? the feature that will survive the alpha, beta and more filtering process.
1- more.
2- The same thing I do to girls.
3- searching for bugs whatever they are (graphical glitches, bugs from old versions, bugs due to new features, etc.) and proposing new stuff if possible.
4- GFX card acceleration, 32 bits images (RGBA), stage zooming, more animation options (rotation for example, defined directly in the AIR file).
#23  November 09, 2012, 12:32:45 pm
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Anyone remember that depressed guy who was threatening to leak Mugen 1.1 alpha if people couldn't convince him that life was worth living?  He posted a bunch of grimdark pictures and everything.
#24  November 09, 2012, 02:19:53 pm
It was "True" who posted those links (then Pikachu's with a bikini).

Cybaster, Cyanide or anyone else, do you know if the sound is better, has the old features (freqmul etc.) or is it the same as 1.0?
#25  November 09, 2012, 02:29:40 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
Anyone remember that depressed guy who was threatening to leak Mugen 1.1 alpha if people couldn't convince him that life was worth living?  He posted a bunch of grimdark pictures and everything.

LOL, oh god I remember that, he must have posted links to it in like every active topic. 1.1 isn't much to fret over tbh. If you have 1.0 you're not missing out on TOO much.
#26  November 09, 2012, 03:18:02 pm
  • Club -SyN- in my past life
    • USA
    • negative-edge.net
#27  November 09, 2012, 04:22:09 pm
    • Thailand
I'm an alpha tester and I haven't tested the new version because I don't feel like it.
#28  November 09, 2012, 07:52:06 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Don't wait for 1.1, it's not gonna ever be completed if things keep (not) going like they do now. Chances are someone will eventually leak it thinking the project is dead if this keeps up, I guess, and that's all you can expect. But it will probably take much more time for that to happen.

I'm an alpha tester and I haven't tested the new version because I don't feel like it.
You made the right decision. I was stupid enough to test it and even post bug reports when Elecbyte obviously doesn't feel like working on it. I should have noticed it earlier.

2OS

#29  November 09, 2012, 08:27:59 pm
  • 608 Wannabe
  • Ich schicke dich zur HOELLE!! STIRB DU FEIGLING!!
    • Egypt
Cybaster, Cyanide or anyone else, do you know if the sound is better, has the old features (freqmul etc.) or is it the same as 1.0?

Cyanide mentioned to me months ago that there's no change. freqmul unfortunately still does nothing.

volumescale was introduced during the RC ( 8 ) stage of 1.0 so i'm imagining freqmul would be restored in the RC stage of 1.1.
#30  November 09, 2012, 08:29:33 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
Oh man that guy. What a chore that was, cleaning after him. >:[

You made the right decision. I was stupid enough to test it and even post bug reports when Elecbyte obviously doesn't feel like working on it. I should have noticed it earlier.
Yes HOW DARE THEY. How dare they have lives and a job and not dedicate their entire lives towards completing a fighting game engine.

What total assholes they are.
#31  November 09, 2012, 08:33:57 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yes HOW DARE THEY. How dare they have lives and a job and not dedicate their entire lives towards completing a fighting game engine.

What total assholes they are.

I KNOW RIGHT!?
#32  November 09, 2012, 08:46:45 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
The only thing that bothers me a bit is that they said they were going to make this version of the 1.1 public one month after the private one and they have yet to do so.
#33  November 09, 2012, 09:42:53 pm
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
It just bothers me how little they update the blog. Asked a few times for that. It doesn't have to be much. Even "We're not doing anything" would be nice. Or on their twitter. Anything. Could be that one of them has bought a cat, or invented a new bacon dish. Don't care, something that says they're alive beyond their last login time.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#34  November 09, 2012, 10:03:28 pm
    • Hungary
It just bothers me how little they update the blog. Asked a few times for that. It doesn't have to be much. Even "We're not doing anything" would be nice. Or on their twitter. Anything. Could be that one of them has bought a cat, or invented a new bacon dish. Don't care, something that says they're alive beyond their last login time.
I tried everything I could to make them post, and failed. They haven't posted since the alpha 4 two months ago. Not when I asked about progress, not on bug report threads, and not even when I got desperate and tried something like this post :
I especially dislike how they don't even answer. Is it that hard to say "yeah we aren't working on it" in a honest way? Do they think if they stay silent, people will never realize the truth? I had enough. I'm going to say it. Elecbyte is not working on MUGEN anymore. They have abandoned us again. Elecbyte, If I'm wrong, this is your chance to say so. Remaining silent means you admit it.
The only conversations still going on on their site are about them not working on Mugen and they still stay silent. We talked about how their posting activity dropped to a mere 2% of the original at the ominous February of 2011 after 1.0 final release and they ignored that, too.
It feels like there are only forum bots updating their last login time while the actual people behind the usernames are no longer there.
#35  November 09, 2012, 10:22:45 pm
  • DSASDASDSA
    • Philippines
seems like a king abandoned his subjects...
too bad. i thought elecbyte is just one person so
it's acceptable that he can't finish the whole thing
right away.

RIP MUGEN 1.1
#36  November 09, 2012, 10:45:34 pm
    • Hungary
i thought elecbyte is just one person
They used 3 different logins (KFM,K'Style and dfw) and 5 different signatures on blog posts, so I'd assume it's 3 people or more (R=KFM,R; K'Style=K'Style and Dfw=Dfw,David, 3 people would be my primary guess).