YesNoOk

Ares' Project Thread (Read 104443 times)

Started by Seraphs Ares, November 28, 2012, 04:46:53 am
Share this topic:

Poll

For boundary research only (Pick two):

Ragna (*)
19 (21.8%)
Azrael (**)
13 (14.9%)
Es (*)
16 (18.4%)
Kokonoe (***)
21 (24.1%)
Mai (*****)
18 (20.7%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: January 22, 2020, 05:59:18 pm

Re: Seraphs Ares 'Project Blaz' Thread
#21  December 05, 2012, 08:42:04 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
I'm sorry if my post had a bad tone to it. I didn't mean it that way.

Also pretty much any Blazblue character(or pretty much any new age 2D fighter) for mugen is going to need a strong/decent computer to run. I am guessing you don't have a very good computer because a decent/good one should not have the problems you mentioned. Almost any character like that is going to be a large file size, a very large file size. If you have a weak computer you'll run out of memory eventually when using those types of characters. Even my computer still does this even for being pretty good. My characters, Neat's Nu-13 and many characters like this in the future are just simply going to need a decent/good computer. I highly recommend getting/upgrading your computer. I know this is WAY easier said than done but it's best if you do this if you plan to create these characters for yourself and to share with others. It works better over all this way. If you stick with a weak computer you'll miss out on a lot of new 2D fighter characters. Also if Mugen 1.0 just simply doesn't work well for you on your current computer, don't try to convert them to Mugen 1.0 until you get Mugen 1.0 fully working on your computer, with no lag and other problems.

All of what I said is only valid if your computer is weak.

BTW Neat's Nu-13 is like 300 MB and I run out of memory on my computer after using it around 4 times.
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#22  December 08, 2012, 05:42:25 pm
  • Ikemen GO / Mugen 1.1 characters in development.
    • Philippines
    • www.dailymotion.com/SeraphsAres2013
Speedy9199: Yeah, my comp sucks. Looking for an upgrade later next year. I'm hoping to convert to 1.0, I tried my characters on HD and it looks very nice. My characters right now have 125+ MB on their .SFF. I have configured WinMugen's mugen.cfg to work with the high memory .SFF files from my characters.

Everyone, I'm being slammed at work and barely have anytime to myself. To those who are looking forward to the Complete Sound Pack will need to wait a little longer. I have around 6000+ wav files to work with now. There's around 120 files per voice set, then their 2-10 files per VS character. There's 16 characters left in Continuum Shift and 9 characters left for Calamity Trigger.
120 Set A + 120 Set B = 240 total.
240 * 16 CS Characters = 3840 total wav files.
240 * 9 CT Characters = 2160 total wav files.

3840 + 2160 = 6000 wav files. And that is just the English Voice Sets only. Take in account the VS. Character Specific Voices too, so that's a lot of files I'm working with. Conversion is very quick but it's very VERY tedious.

I haven't done updates to any of my characters but I did have a little bit of time to test them out. Here's a list of the changes in gameplay from BlazBlue, if you're wondering what the differences are from my edits.

-Gameplay Changes from Original Source
 -Ares / Jin Edit
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

-Epsilon-5 / Haku=Men Edit

I haven't played Chrono Phantasma but I've seen enough videos (during work to pass time!) to 'feel' the gameplay. The "feels-like" accuracy is through my experience in playing BlazBlue myself, so it may be different to others when I release them.

Hopefully next week my work won't be as darn busy. I'm planning to work as much as I can on the Complete Sound Pack. The next following week will be character updates. I'll try to divide my weeks as Sound Pack Week then Character Update Week.
Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 05:51:35 pm by Seraphs Ares
#23  December 09, 2012, 09:06:54 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Correction, Speedy. There are some people that do, infact, still use WinMUGEN. Yet, the race of WinMUGEN is very slim. So, therefore, Ares, a bit of advice, you should make 2 .def's, one for the WinMUGEN users, the other for the 1.0 users.
But the thing is if he does that, when he decides to update the character in the future it is double the work. I will soon run into a problem like this with my characters with the localcoord, using two .defs. It is A LOT of work and you should mostly focus on one type of setting I have found IMO. If you do two things at once there is always the chance of error and they might not be similar. But if you have a lot of time it is possible.
I actually don't see a problem there. o_O
Two DEFs are somethimes even useful. If they share the same SFF, AIR and SND file, then you only need to update them once.
Of course, there's also the thing with state files. However, to make your char WinMUGEN compatible, just seperate the AI stuff from the rest and add it as an single state file. The DEF for 1.0 will have the state file with the AI, the DEF for Win will not.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#24  December 09, 2012, 10:18:22 am
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
There's too much tl;dr stuff here that I won't read. ;P
I'll just say "welcome back, and good luck with all your WIPs". ;)

Two DEFs are somethimes even useful. If they share the same SFF, AIR and SND file, then you only need to update them once.
Of course, there's also the thing with state files. However, to make your char WinMUGEN compatible, just seperate the AI stuff from the rest and add it as an single state file. The DEF for 1.0 will have the state file with the AI, the DEF for Win will not.
It is twice the work. That's why I've been slacking on the 1.0 versions of Goku and Vegeta. Each time you modify one line in a state, you must do the same thing in the other Mugen version state file. This is boring and you always forget something in the middle, especially with complex code.
#25  December 09, 2012, 05:36:39 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Basically, what Cy already said. Also: Winmugen should seriously just be left behind. It's inferior to 1.0 for a reason.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#26  December 09, 2012, 07:17:44 pm
    • Philippines
The convertion to 1.0 from WinMugen doesn't bother me at all. Most of the coding syntax that I have in my characters are up-to-date to Mugen 1.0, so when I get the chance to convert them it'll won't be as much work. Again, it'll just be their velocity, hitdef velocity, and AI. Most of the major work will be done anyway, which is the sound, sprites, animation, and the biggest part I hate about creating characters: Collision Boxes. Most of the animations I work with are around 10+ sprites to 20+ sprites, so making the 'gethitblueclsn1' boxes get very, very tiresome.

When I upgrade to a better PC, I'll convert to Mugen 1.0. Just in case I upgrade early, I'll possibly just finish both Ares and Epsilon then just work in Mugen 1.0. The chances of that is slim though, unless I find a suitcase full of cash.

Cy(blaster?): Thanks for the welcome back and the good luck. It's time to finish what I started. :)

C.A.N: Don't know why, probably because of too much BlazBlue or that avatar, but..
#27  December 13, 2012, 07:44:08 am
    • Philippines
So I hit a rock when converting the sound files. I'm working with Platinum's sound files and it's not converting properly, it has some kind of static sound in the beginning of the wav file. Now I have to cut off that static on 400 files.

I managed to work with Ares for a bit; got his Hiyoku Getsumei (Dubbed 'Sunlight Blade: Lightning Spear' *It's a shoutout to one of my favorite games*) and Touga Hyoujin (Dubbed 'Electro Fangs') added. Still working on his updates, and movie on his updates along with Epsilon later next week.

The Air Hiyoku Getsumei screenshots are taken in different positions. I'm just showing the trajectory of the arrow.

It took me a while to figure out the arrow properties, it's a helper with targetbind with screenbound slapped with playerpush. The first hit shocks then hits 22 times then the 24th launches the opponent.

Touga Hyoujin's wave does the same thing like Jin's; staggers opponent on ground, floats if opponent is in air.

Some minor changes to Ares:
 -Sekkajin input: Back, Down, Down-Back, C
 -Touga Hyoujin (Phase 2) Input: Down, Back, Forward, A
  -Starts up original Touga Hyoujin, but wave shocks.
  -Then starts Phase 2, first two swords binds opponent close to the ground, 3rd sword shocks, then the sheathing 'hit' knocks opponent into the air.

I got a message from a subscriber on youtube wondering about who I'll make in the future, so I sent (him/her?) this pic:
Note: Some characters will have to wait til Chrono Phantasma comes out.

Posted: December 13, 2012, 07:47:51 am
Also, I'll make the coloring of the 'Bow' and arrow effects into his palette. I'll have it colored differently, so won't be ice-like.
Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 06:32:12 am by Seraphs Ares
#28  December 16, 2012, 06:32:26 am
    • Philippines
Good news and bad news everyone,

Bad News: I haven't worked with Epsilon yet, and this week I am slammed with work yet again. Starting tomorrow. I only have one day off.

Good News: Ares updated version 0.90! Here's the updates:

-Version 0.90

Here's the vid! (Edit: Embbed now.)
Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:06:46 am by Seraphs Ares
#29  December 16, 2012, 01:09:31 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
after i saw the vid the  effects seems bad/terrible for some reasons
#30  December 18, 2012, 05:32:53 pm
    • USA
    • speedy9199.webs.com/index.htm
Ares if you are willing to, would you like to make some special intros with my characters? (Once you get a better computer and your characters can run on a 1280X720 screen) I will also make special intros myself for my characters for your characters too. PM me if you want this so we can discuss this further. I would really like this and will thank you if you do this. :)

Also IMO you should not change your characters when a new version of Blazblue gets released. They are making Blazblue games faster than we the creators for mugen can make them. Stick to just one Blazblue game for reference or else you might not be able to keep up with the new Blazblue games. I have this problem myself too and I don't like it that they are milking the Blazblue franchise. :P like they did with Guilty Gear. There are just way too many versions of that series. :(
The answer to most of your mugen problems is to know more math.

How can you get the "feel" of a character if you are only touching a keyboard or controller?!?!
#31  December 18, 2012, 09:26:34 pm
    • Philippines
Wargame-kun: Is it the coloring that looks bad or is it just the quality? Probably it's through my fraps that the effects look blurry or pixelated. The screenshots I posted earlier is what it really looks like. I gotta find a way to 'hi-def' my videos. I know there's a codec for Windows Movie Maker to make HD movies somewhere out there.

Speedy9199: I don't mind making special intros against your characters. Of course I'll make some towards the characters that have meaning with my characters. Like Ares vs. Noel, or Ares vs. Ragna. That's why I'm working my butt off; I need to upgrade, I want my characters to be in HD.

I'm not making changes to every BlazBlue game that comes out. I'll have Ares stick to one playstyle; that's why I like making edits instead of the original source. I'm trying to make Ares an easy/balanced (in terms of speed/strength) character for people to play with. I can't sprite, so I'll borrow Arc Sys' sprites and make the character that can match my playstyle. Ares plays like Jin - balanced, but when it comes to aerial gameplay, that's where he is more superior. His shock states keeps them in place so you can have fun with aerial combos.

When Chrono Phantasma comes out, I'm looking forward to using the Hizansen/Hizangeki, Crush Trigger, Overdrive sprites. The new options when Chrono Phantasma is released is the Overdrive ability. The only things that'll change in the future is Ares' combo options. He'll lose mainly the midair Musou -> Senshousan, but he'll keep his aerial superiority through his shock drives and his new aerial Hizansen/Hizangeki.
Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 06:00:58 pm by Seraphs Ares
#32  December 19, 2012, 07:56:21 pm
    • Philippines
My only day off is today, so I'll work on Ares as much as I can today. Ares is nearing completion; I just need to add his hit sparks, barrier, burst, and his HUD. Soon, I may need testers, but I just may release him as a post-Beta version. Depending on how much I get done today.

His palettes are up, and now I'm working with his missing stuff.

Spoiler: Ares' Palettes, spoiler'ed due to size. (click to see content)

Spoiler: e-5's Palettes, spoiler'ed due to size. (click to see content)

I'm not too good with creating palettes, but I'll play around with colors after I complete my characters. These palettes may change when I release/update them.
#33  December 19, 2012, 08:00:09 pm
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#34  December 20, 2012, 06:44:02 am
    • Philippines
After countless testing through each state, I present you all with an update!

Spoiler: Version 0.91 (click to see content)

Spoiler: Screenshots (click to see content)

Ares is roughly 91%. He as a close as playable at this point. Most of the bugs that he had before were fixed due to early testing. Thanks to that, he's much more stable. Just need his Barrier/Burst and he's technically done. After his Burst and Barrier coding are complete, I'll test his combo-ability thoroughly; I'll try to see if I can execute some of his challenges in the original BlazBlue game.

When that's done, all I have to do is code his AI which will be as strong as Muteki's.

I need opinions Ares-players; should his HUD consist of having the power bar split in 4, or an 'EX-OK' icon/symbol to let players know that his EX-specials can be used? (I'll code in both, but I'll have one as default.)
#35  December 20, 2012, 06:48:47 am
  • tired
I think the split in four option would be best, it's what Jin's bar was like in Blazblue and that worked fine.
his AI which will be as strong as Muteki's.
Please. I want more unbeatable AI's in my Mugen.
C.A.N: Don't know why, probably because of too much BlazBlue or that avatar, but..
I know this is late, but that's just odd. It's kind of like how peoples' avatars become synonymous with their image over time, except you're hearing her voice. After all, I'm starting to equate you with a white-haired Jin.
Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 07:11:08 am by Madam CanCan
#36  December 20, 2012, 07:18:32 am
    • Philippines
The bar split in 4 is the best option, but there's the simul battles.

When I finished typing that, thought of "I might as well which it to the icon when it comes to that." Problem solved guys. Never mind. I'll have it where it switches to icon in simul battles, or you can change it permanently to the icon in the Ares-Option.txt.

I know this is late, but that's just odd. It's kind of like how peoples' avatars become synonymous with their image, except you're hearing her voice. After all, I'm starting to equate you with a white-haired Jin.
I've been playing BlazBlue during the days I'm off. Mainly the story so I can get ideas in my head. Sometimes I get the bad end where I get sent to the "Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!" room.
I see him as a more mellowed-down version of Jin.. ..well, until I release my Noel-edit then it's:
#37  December 20, 2012, 07:20:40 am
  • tired
Wait what. He's going to go NISSAN crazy over your Noel edit? Oh, whatever, I'll have to wait and see.
#38  December 20, 2012, 07:26:16 am
    • Philippines
I cut off the "Nii-san" parts so it sounds more natural. The video of the 0.90 update has him saying "Long time, no see." and his match win "-gasm- Let's have some more fun." quotes.

I'll put up a small bio on his README.txt when he gets released. Ares likes his Murokumos units, a little too much. Also I have his intro with Delta-4, my Mu-12 edit, which is quite creepy yet funny at the same time.
#39  December 20, 2012, 07:27:58 am
  • tired
Huh, I can't fully blame him for liking Murakumos. They look really neat with their flappy wings.
#40  December 24, 2012, 03:10:47 am
    • Philippines
Not really an update, mainly a small change in plans to my releases.

I caught the flu on Wednesday-Thursday, which really put me down for a short time. I still have that feeling of having no strength. I manage to test Ares for a bit (after not touching Mugen for days), it I must say, he does feel.. ...unorganized. I also have some feedback from some private testers and said the same thing. Having depleting 1.5 bar after using Touga Hyoujin feels awkward. I'm going to approach this differently now: I'm implementing the overdrive system to all my characters. They will use their 'Burst' animation until they are replaced by the Chrono Phantasma sprites.

I saw this a while back, and this really motivated me to implement the overdrive system. Now imagine my Haku=men using that combo almost 99% of the time when his AI is set to max.