YesNoOk

Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/27/12 - Updated) (Read 13504 times)

Started by Noctis, December 25, 2012, 11:25:28 am
Share this topic:
Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/27/12 - Updated)
New #1  December 25, 2012, 11:25:28 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
MOST RECENT VERSION HERE - 2015

A couple months back I released Mai Shiranui. Well, after looking at some more references and guides I came to realize that she was broken and...she sucked.
I tried my best to fix her up and she's not perfect, but she's a lot better than before.

What's new
  • Everything mentioned in this topic fixed
  • Small and large portrait
  • A much smarter AI
  • A jugglecount (might still be broken give feedback)
  • New special (Fire Kick(?))
  • New super (Beni Suzaku)
  • New basics (Yusura Ume, Benitsuru no Mai & Koku'en no Mai)
  • Super Finish BG for all supers and CC
  • Custom bar (Morale)
  • Fixed a bunch of velocities, pausetimes, varsets and other known errors
  • Fixed recovery time on specials and supers (still not sure need feedback)
  • Fixed commands for Musasabi no Mai's and changed command for Beni Suzaku
Rest of her update in her readme.

[Links]
Mediafire
Sendspace

[Images]
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

My computer's starting to...die. So no more videos.

I'm not a holiday kind of guy, but Merry Christmas to those who are. I hope your day is a good one.

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."
Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 05:03:41 am by Noctis

hjk

Re: Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/26/12)
#2  December 25, 2012, 12:24:17 pm
  • Watch my fro grow as you go, go, go, go, go.
    • Afghanistan
She's actually pretty darn solid.

- Can fire two projectiles on screen at the same time via Kacho Sens
- If you're trying to assure that she isn't broken, eliminate her ability to cancel specials into hypers at any time (even without contact) - now that's broken
- For some reason, Custom Combo gets activated when I spam Ryu En Bu in the corner (while jugglingling p2)
- Uhm, broken in the sense that she's basically safe on everything. Ryu En Bu, Kacho Sen, etc. have insane recovery times.

Edit:
- CC activates when I spam any special...
- She's a speedy attacker. She's fun, but her air-basics are broken because of that speed.

Edit 2:
- Holy Ish.  CC activates when you hold forward and mash any of her basics as in: lp,lp,p, or, mk,mk,mk, or, hk,hk,hk, etc.
- mp into hp sometimes triggers CC
LOL, Caddie's the man!! ;)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)
hjk vs. 99% of MFG. I will win.

RIP Poo Bear Tell my Dead Homie isson, for the year my partner.
Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 12:43:59 pm by hjk
Re: Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/26/12)
#3  December 25, 2012, 09:06:33 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Fixed what I could based off of what you gave me. Links updated.

"She's actually..."? It's like you were expecting her to be bad. ;P

-She's only allowed to fire if there's no projectile on the screen? Thanks for the info.
-Will do.
-I don't know why CC is doing all of that. I'll look into it and hopefully fix it.
-I thought so too, but I wasn't sure. Will fix later.

-So, gotta slow down her aerial attacks.

Thanks for the feedback.

Posted: December 25, 2012, 11:58:33 pm
-I'm not getting any errors with the CC....You do know that it activates once it reaches max, right? Is that not cool with you?
-How are you juggling Ryu En Bu? Mine doesn't juggle at all unless CC is active. Fixed the CC cornerpush on that by the way. Insane juggling.
-Also, I can't cancel my specials into her supers unless I hit my opponent . Could you tell me what special is canceling whether it makes contact with the opponent or not?

(Youtube) (WIP) (Mediafire) (New Anime Shop) My Manga Reviews! Personal favorite Patreon! Check her out!

Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 02:30:59 am by Noctis

hjk

Re: Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/25/12) - Updated
#4  December 27, 2012, 05:22:18 pm
    • Afghanistan

Posted: December 25, 2012, 11:58:33 pm
-I'm not getting any errors with the CC....You do know that it activates once it reaches max, right? Is that not cool with you?
-How are you juggling Ryu En Bu? Mine doesn't juggle at all unless CC is active. Fixed the CC cornerpush on that by the way. Insane juggling.
-Also, I can't cancel my specials into her supers unless I hit my opponent . Could you tell me what special is canceling whether it makes contact with the opponent or not?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you updated her because her palettes don't even match my original one.

Here's a video of one I downloaded on 12/25/12 at 6:06a.m. versus one I guess you updated later on that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqupigAnBjo&feature=youtu.be

- BTW, the video includes the fact that at "time over" she doesn't allow the round to end.
- Second, it would appear that CC was automatically activating when the morale meter filled (I think you mentioned that)

I'm as real as the runnin, I just happen to rap, Nigaas London, Japan, and i'm scared of dat tap.

I suggest extending my banning, cuz when I come back, it's gonna be hell. You think I was annoying before, oh man, it's on now :)

#5  December 27, 2012, 05:54:27 pm
  • stillRetired.
  • Formerly Known As Genesis
    • USA
    • www.mediafire.com/folder/7j1slkpa7lm0w/Public_Works
Woah Noctis i didn't even know you made her previously,gonna try the update out (and give any feedback i can think of)

And yeah hjk he mentions the meter in the post above yours  :P

hjk

#6  December 27, 2012, 06:13:58 pm
    • Afghanistan
Yeah, I reread it. :sugoi:
In the video, the one I downloaded in the early morning on 12/25 automatically activated it when her morale meter filled. The new version, updated later that day I guess, requires you to activate it via a command. I don't mind either way, I was just wondering which way he meant for it to be activated.

#7  December 27, 2012, 06:45:37 pm
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
Here's a video of one I downloaded on 12/25/12 at 6:06a.m. versus one I guess you updated later on that day.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqupigAnBjo&feature=youtu.be

- BTW, the video includes the fact that at "time over" she doesn't allow the round to end.
- Second, it would appear that CC was automatically activating when the morale meter filled (I think you mentioned that)

No idea what was up with the CC. I just changed it back and made it usable through command.
As for the round not ending? I forgot to give state 170 an animation! = )
I changed the Kacho Sen to work if you don't already have a fan out. Should I make it so I can't use Midori no Mai or Kacho Sen as long as there's a fan out? Or was the error just that spamming of Kacho Sen?

Looking forward to whatever you have for me, Gen.

hjk

#8  December 27, 2012, 06:48:17 pm
    • Afghanistan
Funny thing is that Kacho Sen works fine now and I think the update to CC was a great idea.

Either way, I really like her. ;)

#9  December 27, 2012, 09:37:26 pm
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
I got preoccupied :P

Noctis i really like this Mai :D I only have small gripes and i'm pretty sure they fall under preference.

What I DID notice(although i've only tried it fighting your Mai):
if P2 is pushed to the very edge and P1 is as close as possible(in other words, in her face) the fan during Kacho Sen doesn't hit,just flies past P2(also noticed the first fan in the super does it as well,so its most likely a clsn thing)

Now what i think just falls under preference:
The flame effect during Chou Hissatsu Shinobi might (visually) be more effective above Mai instead of behind. Dunno, it isn't bad persay, and i didnt try to see how it would look above,so experiment i suppose.

F+a/b (forgot move name,its the dropkick move) when Mai is getting back up,maybe speed up that part of the anim slightly? Seems a little slow imo.

I think this is intentional so correct me if i'm wrong,Shiranui Ryuu Kunoichi no Mai (the b+c one) doesn't hit the player if they are at the edge of the screen. Again,I didn't test this fighting other chars,so i'm gonna guess this falls under the same category as the fan thing,Clsns.
Opinion wise,i think it'd be cool if  it was a homing attack, but that is just my preference of how i'd like her to do the move :P Quite frankly it could make her broken,now that i'm thinking about it.
Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:53:49 pm by -Genesis-
#10  December 28, 2012, 01:17:32 am
  • Hey, I'm Grump!
    • USA
    • soldier.ucoz.net/
if P2 is pushed to the very edge and P1 is as close as possible(in other words, in her face) the fan during Kacho Sen doesn't hit,just flies past P2(also noticed the first fan in the super does it as well,so its most likely a clsn thing)

Now what i think just falls under preference:
The flame effect during Chou Hissatsu Shinobi might (visually) be more effective above Mai instead of behind. Dunno, it isn't bad persay, and i didnt try to see how it would look above,so experiment i suppose.

F+a/b (forgot move name,its the dropkick move) when Mai is getting back up,maybe speed up that part of the anim slightly? Seems a little slow imo.

Shiranui Ryuu Kunoichi no Mai (the b+c one) doesn't hit the player if they are at the edge of the screen.
Opinion wise,i think it'd be cool if  it was a homing attack, but that is just my preference of how i'd like her to do the move :P Quite frankly it could make her broken,now that i'm thinking about it.

Fixed.
Agree. I'll put the flames in the front for Chou Hissatsu and Beni Suzaku.
Faster recovery time. Fixed.
It's easily blockable so it should probably hit cornered opponents. Fixed.

Links updated. Hopefully I won't need to update her again for a while.

Re: Mai Shiranui Rereleased (12/27/12 - Updated)
#11  December 28, 2012, 01:53:00 am
  • stillRetired.
    • USA
I Like :D
I think i have a new favorite Mai,just in time for this new (small)roster i'm making. Good Stuff Noctis   :2thumbsup: