YesNoOk

[Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread (Read 1002855 times)

Started by Formerly Hoshi, April 21, 2010, 09:50:12 pm
Re: [Theme Thread] Street Fighter 3/CPS3 Sprite thread
#1281  January 10, 2013, 12:45:30 am
  • I do use dark colors. . . : \
    • kurotoboe.deviantart.com
I laughed harder than I should've. . .
I'm trying. . .
#1282  January 10, 2013, 11:13:20 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Oh yes. It was first made by eFeX.
Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
#1283  January 11, 2013, 09:31:23 pm
  • Bringing her back
    • USA
    • hiivolt-07.deviantart.com/
Spriting is hard.
#1284  January 11, 2013, 10:11:45 pm
    • Netherlands
    • network.mugenguild.com/balthazar/index.html
Oh looks like you've struck some sort of treasure chest there :)
#1285  January 12, 2013, 08:33:02 am
  • Fighting is my nature.
    • i_am_shakespeare@hotmail.co.uk
"Improvise. adapt. overcome."
Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:36:33 am by sarifFIXIT
#1286  January 12, 2013, 10:37:33 am
  • Pixel Pusher
    • artchell.deviantart.com/
I believe w impact is the dreamcast version which contains both new generation and 2nd impact
#1287  January 13, 2013, 02:18:20 am
  • SEIYAA!
    • Sweden
    • artbyjiggeh.tumblr.com
"W" Is a common way to write "double" in Japanese. W Impact = Double Impact.
"Blocking" is the original Japanese term for the mechanic that's called "parry" in the English versions of SF3.

I'm not sure which part is more unbelievable, that those pages are still around after 12+ years, or that in all that time I've never seen them or even heard anyone mention them. Cool find.
#1288  January 13, 2013, 10:51:31 am
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
Evil Kairi (Normal Stance) in SF3 by... Chamat

Sig 1: I am nobody... Neither you... We won't be any matter just after a few years later when we die. Enjoy the happiness and sadness for now.

Sig 2: When someone or, a bunch of people makes fun of you. The total time they invested in making fun of you, is the time they couldn't manage to stay focused on their work or, development. If you care about them, let them know. If you don't, then don't bother. Stay focused on your own business.

Sig 3: You did a mistake and then you simply admit it after realizing your fault. This is one of the coolest things ever you can do in your lifetime.
Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 10:55:45 am by Aumio Khan
#1289  January 15, 2013, 09:54:27 am
  • Fighting is my nature.
    • i_am_shakespeare@hotmail.co.uk
yeah, i'm aware that parrying is blocking and blocking is guarding. i was LOLing at the grammar. let's learning grmmar :P
double/2nd impact was released in the same year zero/alpha 3 was released, and if you check alpha 3, you'll notice that at the demo mode there's a link to capcom's webpage. so i wonder: is there a line art page like double impact's but for alpha 3? or maybe even for 3rd strike?
"Improvise. adapt. overcome."
#1290  January 18, 2013, 11:59:54 pm
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

Yes, you're right! this is an unfinished Adon!!

Hate being short of time U_U
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1291  January 19, 2013, 08:25:25 am
  • Pixel Pusher
    • artchell.deviantart.com/
#1292  January 19, 2013, 02:48:23 pm
  • Gaming Content Creator
  • Nobody Exists
    • Bangladesh
    • aumiokhan@yahoo.com
i hope to see the adon finished. :)

#1293  January 19, 2013, 03:47:59 pm

Special thanks to FeLo, i used his one as a base.
If i could only fix those errors, then i'll might animate something :) Or does it look good enough to use it as a base for other sprites?
#1294  January 19, 2013, 09:57:18 pm
    • Netherlands
^ It looks mostly good, but the part of her skarf behind her left shoulder seems strangly lit to me; looks like it's lit from below or something.
Could probably use some of the shadowy shade on the lowest part of the dress wrapping her artist's left leg.
And her artist's right ankle looks totally swollen :mtongue: Other then that; not too shabby.

I guess these actually aren't SF3 sprites since they are out of scale (slightly bigger) but I used the same double-color shading as common for SF3 sprites (although that doesn't count for the newly sprited Third Strike characters, I've recently learned).

The Goku + Vegeta and Gogeta ones I made for Cybaster's birthday, on his own request :neutral:
Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 11:37:13 pm by Balthazar
#1295  January 19, 2013, 10:28:43 pm
Overall great, but the faces could use a bit of work. Maybe add some more detail?
#1296  January 19, 2013, 11:33:01 pm
    • Netherlands
Too much detail at that scale makes things ugly/funny. Believe me, I tried. Sometimes, less is better.
#1297  January 20, 2013, 12:40:33 am
  • ¡Ni p*ta ni santa! ¡Digo!

OK, just some things:

- DRESS: It needs a lot of work. You're not putting the SF3-ish shading on it. Use the colours I used, specially in the darker areas, which could use purples(as some SF3 sprites).
- SCARF: you just changed the colours of her SFZ incarnation, added 2 colours or so...and that's it. No, it's not how it works. Then, the area scarf-shoulders...It looks like "after time-skip" Franky's arms. Or even a giant, red&yellow Poke-Ball. Then, her left shoulder(scarf area)...it's poorly shaded, see, this < is not a way to shaed something. Try to make it smoother, but not adding tones of colours.
- ARMS: Not bad. You just forgot her "buttons" of the forearm :P

I didn't want to bash your work, it's a pretty nice attempt, but...SF3 is a hard style to sprite. Try to fix these areas I said, and I'm sure the result will be worth it :).

C'mon friend, I know you can do it!!

- Balthazar: Absolutely :O! Just one small thing at Mai's left boob: that light red should be more curvy, not as straight as it is now, IMHO.
I swear there was something cool here!!
#1298  January 20, 2013, 01:08:48 am
    • 1tone.deviantart.com
Try not to be of the 90%.
#1299  January 20, 2013, 01:10:30 am
    • USA
What the hell man, are you seriously going to start this again?
#1300  January 20, 2013, 01:16:31 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
In this instance he is correct, Balthazar has a thread that would fit these sprites better; their proportions don't really fit the CPSIII style.