Shredder WIP (Read 246976 times)

Started by Dcat, February 14, 2012, 10:32:11 am
Share this topic:
Re: Shredder WIP
#1021  January 20, 2013, 07:51:07 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
For a win pose for Shredder, how about another one "inspired" by Jin where he walks up to the fallen opponent and steps on him?

Probably says some words too.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 07:55:46 pm by Roman55
#1022  January 20, 2013, 10:18:21 pm
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
Dcat:

-For the air super I was planning something based off of Captain Commando's Captain Storm with  Foot Helpers criss-crossing the screen, I've just been procrastinating with the whole bother of coding the thing. 
awesome, i literally thought of the old nes games when you mentioned the foot helpers (mainly because of the different versatile types presented in TMNT 2/TMNT 3: Manhattan Project)..........

Thanks for the brainstorming help! Knocked out these two last night, the "Killing Blow" winpose may need something extra still like maybe a Foot clan BG logo  or a simple rapidly alternating black & white BG flash or both I'm, not sure yet. They're universally triggered against all opponents not just TMNT related and the second one only happens if the match is over.
Thanks for the consideration :2thumbsup:
and as for the "killing blow" matter, the foot clan BG sounds more appealing than the black and white (less seizure inducing too), but there's always the option of trying the both and seeing where that gets you........or make a voting poll on the forums for it........though i doubt it's that serious enough for it lmao
#1023  January 20, 2013, 10:40:16 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I would rather go with the Foot Clan BG myself. Less eye strain.
#1024  January 20, 2013, 10:41:11 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
If you're too lazy ATM to program that super you COULD always make a quick one mixing Dictator's Super Hyper Psycho Crusher and Raphael's Flying Drill.

Also Foot Clan.
#1025  January 21, 2013, 12:25:58 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
@Dcat: yup, the purplish/pinkish get up from part one. That would be an awesome inclusion. I'm currently at work, so I'll chime in with some more concrete input later.

Oh!! I quickly read a little of your feedback.... The logo should work like X-Men VS Street Fighter: X-Men had the blue background flash with the transparent X upon a super finish. Street Fighters had that classic Alpha style sunburst flash upon a super finish.

Perhaps with Shredder, you could implement a similar style for specific characters. When he defeats the turtles, maybe the foot clan logo could flash. And then something entirely different when he defeats someone else.

And maybe you could leave trigger points up to us for extra characters.

More later....
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 12:32:35 am by Saikoro
#1026  January 21, 2013, 09:07:39 pm
    • Germany
Thanks for the brainstorming help! Knocked out these two last night, the "Killing Blow" winpose may need something extra still like maybe a Foot clan BG logo  or a simple rapidly alternating black & white BG flash or both I'm, not sure yet. They're universally triggered against all opponents not just TMNT related and the second one only happens if the match is over.

Yea the Foot clan logo would be great, but which one will you use?
The one from the 80's cartoon ?
The one from the Live action movie ? (This Kanji Symbol on the bandanas of the ninja)
The one from the 2k3 cartoon ?
Or maybe you could use all, maybe it could change with Char Pallet if this is Possible ?

About the manhole ending, don't get me wrong I realy love the Idea, but I belief on some stages it would look strange.^^
Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:11:42 pm by moep
#1027  January 21, 2013, 09:32:53 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
I'm not sure if you're still looking for intro ideas but I had a few:

-Like the Silver Samurai's slashing appear intro, only instead of slashing nothing, he could be slashing a banner with the foot logo

- A few foot soldiers are standing idle, starting at the enemy, a gust of wind appears, and Shredder appears (in true ninja fashion) with his arms crossed. As he appears, the Foot Soldiers shamble off screen.
#1028  January 21, 2013, 09:37:54 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
moep said:

The one from the Live action movie ? (This Kanji Symbol on the bandanas of the ninja)
Or maybe you could use all, maybe it could change with Char Pallet if this is Possible ?

About the manhole ending, don't get me wrong I realy love the Idea, but I belief on some stages it would look strange.^^
80's cartoon one would be the best bet. Or maybe an anagram of all three?
#1029  January 21, 2013, 09:42:54 pm
  • Dcat brought me back to Mugen!
    • USA
    • www.flickr.com/photos/22047800@N07/
The most familiar Foot Clan logo used in the toy line and the 80s cartoon show is the same design that was used in the original TMNT comic book, so I say go with that one if you're only gonna pick one.
#1030  January 21, 2013, 10:10:29 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
It needs to be the fucking FOOT. I mean hell it's what I put on Shredder's cape when I made him in Soul Calibur 5 and EVERYONE I ever fought instantly recognized him.
#1031  January 22, 2013, 02:15:36 am
  • Portrait Prodigy EX+
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/saikoros-high-resolution-mugen-portraits-fatal-fury-full-set-145724.0.html
Hmmm.... With the variety of foot clan logos, I think this method would work best:

Attack power of your super, E.G. depending on what button you'd hit, would determine what one appears.

Or just include an option to select which one you want. ;D
All of your Mugen Portrait needs may be found HERE.

I'd like to report two robots on the MFG forums: One is EXShadow. The other is Saikoro.
There should be a Saikoro plugin for Photoshop.
#1032  January 22, 2013, 02:20:44 am
  • Your Channel 6 News Anchor is in another Castle!
    • dcat.mugen-infantry.net/

I'd actually already planned to include a variety of foot logos. I have the kanji from the live action movie and the TMNT 2k3 logo converted into .PCX for some time now already, currently working on the footprint one from the 80's cartoon. I'm less familiar with what the symbol was in the original Mirage comics though, does anybody know what this looks like? I was going to have them randomized as opposed to palette triggered.

Manhole ending is no different than the effect the Turtles have with their respective manhole intros / winposes. If you want it to display perfectly users will just have to pick stages with appropriate floors, no different then what they've been doing for my other TMNT characters.

#1033  January 22, 2013, 02:24:59 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
I was actually right about to say have it coincide with the palette.
#1034  January 22, 2013, 02:52:37 am
#1035  January 22, 2013, 03:26:03 am
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
PERFECT! Those should be good for now!
#1036  January 22, 2013, 05:35:45 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I'm less familiar with what the symbol was in the original Mirage comics though, does anybody know what this looks like? I was going to have them randomized as opposed to palette triggered.
If you still want it I could try to find it in some scanned pages I have.
#1037  January 22, 2013, 04:22:44 pm
    • Germany
I'm less familiar with what the symbol was in the original Mirage comics though, does anybody know what this looks like? I was going to have them randomized as opposed to palette triggered.

The Foot Clan Symbol in the Mirage Comics is afaik the same as the one they used later in the Cartoon.

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

And in the newer IDW Comics they use the Classic Foot Symbol with small modifications for the acnient/Japanese Foot Clan and the 2k3 version for Shredders modern Foot Clan.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#1038  January 22, 2013, 07:22:27 pm
^ Oh alright, thanks for the reply, very informative. And thanks again for the audio, moep. This should help out a great deal.
#1039  January 22, 2013, 09:34:09 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Whoa I love the foot symbol on the cover. It looks sick.
#1040  January 24, 2013, 04:30:57 pm
    • Germany
Dcat when you are done with the new stuff, will you make a vid of it? *_*