YesNoOk

Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO) (Read 93595 times)

Started by Sean Altly, September 29, 2011, 10:44:11 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Unique Tactic - Ideas and Suggestions (Updated 7/13 with NEW INFO)
#61  July 26, 2012, 05:02:51 am
  • Idea!
    • USA
You left some characters behind

That was purposeful, since the UT's for some of the characters haven't been specified yet.  And the bosses have been omitted from the lineup, at least their names have been since they're only signified by "???".  But if I did miss some, point them out to me.
#62  July 27, 2012, 06:31:20 am
  • Build it, shape it, by my will.

Regarding Goku, why not add a separate bar for Ki levels connected to projectile based moves of his as well a few more like quick air dash?  That way his UT will only work for these settings instead of Super Meter energy.
#63  January 10, 2013, 01:36:54 pm
If there still isn't a UT for Morrigan yet, what about the variant of her Soul Fist from UMVC3? The version that absorbs a bit of super gauge on impact, I mean. It's a rather slow projectile, and by giving it a decent cooldown time, it shouldn't be too easy to abuse in terms of spamming, but could be a good addition with some clever uses. Just a thought though, really - I wouldn't know off the top of my head if it could or couldn't be easily balanced and such.

One possibility for Koopa (or Mario) would be a Warp Pipe teleport. Not sure how it would be used, but I just thought the idea could be rather easily implemented.

I'll toss out more ideas if I think of any.
#64  January 10, 2013, 04:18:00 pm
  • Top Lil.
    • Mexico
    • sites.google.com/site/nameless353/
Well, since Tizoc doesn't have a UT, what do you think about using something like the T.O.P. gauge from Mark of the Wolves? You know, giving him life recovery, some special defense tactics like just defend and increased attack for a short time, spending 4 levels of the UT gauge.
#65  January 11, 2013, 01:10:40 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
If Bison isn't going to have his Warp as a special, maybe that'd work as his UT. Not much else to work with for him, sadly.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#66  January 11, 2013, 01:13:19 am
    • dbdrummer7@gmail.com
I'd like to suggest Haste for Squall, temporary speed up. Or, alternatively, you could slow down the opponent's next move.
#67  January 24, 2013, 01:25:33 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
An alternative for megaman could be a burst shot, with bullets that are smaller and resemble the ones from the original game and not the big MVC styled ones.

Scorpion - Hellfire *unless you make it a command as in the games themselves* where the fire comes from under the opponent and burns them
Axel - His energy draining punch combo from the games themselves.
Tizoc - Just Defend (that way it limits usage and has to be used more strategically)
Koopa - I dunno, maybe something like quick soccer ball kick *I guess kinda like Megaman and Rockball* or random Mario Kart items
Sonic - If you have the sprites maybe the spring jump from Brawl, or Fire/Bubble shield charges like in Sonic 3
Leo - Magic type change
Hinata - Double Guts team up attack/support action one, probably the support if strikers are added
Morrigan - Seductive kiss - blows a kiss at the opponent to enchant them/basically stun them for a brief moment or, if not a stun, if it connects it weakens the opponents defense for a few seconds, if not blocked.
#68  January 24, 2013, 01:03:32 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
UT wer great some are either funny pose some are like a charge of power and some are like counter attack
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#69  January 24, 2013, 02:47:52 pm
  • ^First attempt ain't so bad......
    • buckus.mugen-infantry.net/
The shield mechanic that Rajaa uses in his characters would be a good UT for some characters. It's basically a manual parry. I'd increase the enemy pausetime or send them into a custom hit state for counter attack. Immediate startup lasting 4-7 frames, 20-30 frames of recovery if whiffed. Sounds fitting for a Lvl2 UT. And easy to code as you can just use a reversedef.

And of course, you can use a toned down advancing guard. It could only push the opponent out of sweep distance/half screen instead of 3/4-full screen. Also a Lvl2.
#70  January 25, 2013, 12:46:48 am
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Actually I think about it, and Weapon Change for a UT would be a bit strange, wouldn't this mean he only has a limited amount of times he can change weapons during a round? If anything I'd say make this part of his taunt instead.
#71  April 25, 2013, 04:13:28 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
For Goku you should make his UT kaio-ken but make it work like it did in Super DBZ for ps2. It would drain a chunk of health for an instant 1000 power bar boost. That would get rid of having to hold the button down the button.