YesNoOk

TMNT By Dcat Updated to 1.0, Shredder + Krang released! (Read 241318 times)

Started by Dcat, February 03, 2013, 01:45:12 pm
Share this topic:
Re: TMNT By Dcat Updated to 1.0, Shredder + Krang released!
#41  February 04, 2013, 07:40:57 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
Anybody know a temporary fix for the delayed losing state? It kind of kills the mood when you are playing round robin with roommates.
#42  February 04, 2013, 09:25:14 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
    • www.youtube.com/user/YagamiRus
By the way that delayed losing state is not happening if Shredder is fighting against Dcat's turtles and the intro before battle is April abduction or Splinter abduction.
Although if the intro is different from those two (or the opponent is not a turtle by Dcat) that delay before enemy's winpose is happening.

Also about air super - I can agree with Cybaster here, aside from all other supers it looks a bit unpolished. But the thing that seemed unpolished in this super was how the opponent looks during it (for example the turtle will use the idle lying down pose, rotated vertically, so maybe some animation, like shaking must be added, so it will look more like the opponent is flying up from shredder's hit). So yeah, there are still some unfinished stuff here and there, but lots of awesome stuff was added since the last beta, and that's cool.
Can't wait till Dcat will polish and perfect the shredder, so he is flawless, like his turtles :)
#43  February 04, 2013, 09:36:44 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
might be cuz of the aforementioned computer problems he's having and it might be a slight bit rushed out as a result, but yeah i'm getting that feeling too
I don't think that has anything to do with computer problems. Krang has been mostly finished for months, maybe a year even. Then Dcat started on Shredder and kept on adding stuff again and again. There's definitely more love in Shredder than Krang, but it doesn't have anything to do with PC problems.
#44  February 04, 2013, 09:37:39 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
People, dont post gifs in release threads that arent related to the actual character. specially macros and things like dance gifs, not everyone is using fast internet connections and it kills the velocity at which the pages load. Same reason why you are not supposed to have heavy gifs in sigs.

Great release Dcat, I will repeat my feedback from before, whenever you accidentaly do qcf kick ( for which shredder has no move ) the kick doesnt come out.
#45  February 04, 2013, 10:22:13 pm
    • Germany
@The Guys who are complaining that Krang don't get much feedback right now...

Guys why don't you give some feedback instead of complaining that others don't do? I know thats a crazy idea... but it could work.^^
#46  February 04, 2013, 10:26:09 pm
Heh, when I saw Shredder do his pause after being defeated, I ended up thinking DCat put in one of my many suggestions from way back.  Which would have Shredder, occasionally try to cheat and win the match by pulling out a hidden ray gun (kinda like "White" from Fatal Fury does) but nothing happened.  Again, great job with both of them DCat!  Now, where is that stage someone was supposed to release with the release of these guys.  :P
#47  February 05, 2013, 12:10:28 am
  • Lover of yardsales.
    • USA
I'm currently using the Technodrome from TMNT2 the arcade game for a background with Krang and Shredder
#48  February 05, 2013, 03:41:19 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Aside from what was told about Shredder, you guys remember you can change his config file and enable him to always fight as Super Shredder.
I used this to test him more thoroughly. Alas he still has old issues like, if you manage to hit him while he is using one of his attacks - he may freeze in that attacking pose for some time and you can beat him as you want during that time.
That happens in many different situations, and when I was using Dcat's leonardo I was even able to chain any normals in one endless combo. As Strider Hiryu I was able to hit him with oroboros shot when he was using the thunder attack, and he stuck in that thunder pose.

Here, in this video I showed most of that stuff in lots of situations, I'm using Strider by Syn and Leo by Dcat. Hope there is a way to fix it in the future.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON2tSa5cYBo
#49  February 05, 2013, 03:57:07 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Sounds like your standard Hyper Armour to me.  If you strike fast enough they can never move.  Looking at the video, looks like it too.
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
#50  February 05, 2013, 04:03:30 pm
  • "Za Warudo" user
    • Russia
Well he is still stuck even when I'm not attacking (for a short time, but still) like at 0:45-0:46
Anyway, I talked about it with Dcat during beta test and he told that it will be fixed in some way. The idea was, if I remember correctly, that Shredder will use his thunder attack automatically during the opponent's combo, if many opponent's hits connect while Shredder is stuck. But this is not happening in most of the situations. Athough it is happening sometimes.

P.S. on the second thought, this may be intentional, because otherwise it would be impossible to defeat him with a turtle, for example. He spams a lot of supers and projectiles, so the only way you can beat him up a little bit is like this. I wonder if it was intentional.
Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 06:04:57 pm by YagamiBrando
#51  February 05, 2013, 08:56:56 pm
  • The BadPixelMan
    • USA
For some reason I can't open the config file. Don't know that format since it isn't a .txt.
#52  February 05, 2013, 09:17:25 pm
  • i am loyal to you unless you disagree with me
    • UK
    • www.dropbox.com/sh/n7tsdpf464qtbk1/AAB7z1LhB6Ee1cE5tyOVEB5ra?dl=0
P.S. on the second thought, this may be intentional, because otherwise it would be impossible to defeat him with a turtle, for example. He spams a lot of supers and projectiles, so the only way you can beat him up a little bit is like this. I wonder if it was intentional.

i doubt it, seeing as how any character with a quick jab(which is pretty much every character in mugen ever)can lock him down forever, and its pretty easy to keep him in hitstun as a turtle too, with raphael and donatello you can just spam light kick forever. not sure about Leonardo and Michelangelo since i haven't tested them against him.

For some reason I can't open the config file. Don't know that format since it isn't a .txt.

open it, click on "select a program from a list of installed programs" then choose notepad.
something looks a little off...

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TVeanko
#53  February 05, 2013, 09:21:25 pm
  • "I'm not going to Hell alone"
Ohhhhhh fuuucck :D!

Dcat Good job broski
I was the Perfect warrior! Cold and Ruthless! I lived by my strength alone! Uninhibited by foolish emotion!
#54  February 05, 2013, 10:18:46 pm
  • Mumbling voice actor reploid
    • Canada
    • electricvoiceboxmedia.com
Whoo hoo! It's finally out! It'll be a while before I can check this, but so excited. Best of luck with the computer issues DCat, I hope they're not serious.
#55  February 05, 2013, 11:29:39 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Pointed this out in the Seikimatu Guile thread but felt it should be brought up here as well:

There's also a bit of a bug when Guile uses the super that zooms into him on Krang (might just be an issue with Krang's liedead state, but it doesn't seem to happen with other characters with the same feature, like GM's Ryu):

There seems to be a few times the liedead state is buggy. Maybe a way to toggle the special lose pose on or off would be good?
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:07:25 pm by Roman55
#56  February 06, 2013, 08:39:58 am
  • Don't Give me that Look!
    • USA
hey Dcat, something to look into after your back up and running

Leo vs Raph intro (TMNT Movie ver) - there's no auto pause in bgm during their intro to hear their speech so it's only barely noticeable when hearing it in a stage w/ bgm, I only mention this because other various intros have it already

1.) SUPER SHREDDER  - (On the Ground)
----------------------------------(-3000 power cost)
QCB, QCF + any Punch Button

i believe i pull this off with kick button, I'll check again but i've done this super on multiple occasions and a lot of those times don't involve that exact command

Sensational Characters

Ax

#57  February 06, 2013, 01:08:18 pm
    • USA
People, dont post gifs in release threads that arent related to the actual character. specially macros and things like dance gifs, not everyone is using fast internet connections and it kills the velocity at which the pages load. Same reason why you are not supposed to have heavy gifs in sigs.

Great release Dcat, I will repeat my feedback from before, whenever you accidentaly do qcf kick ( for which shredder has no move ) the kick doesnt come out.

Still on dial-up?   :cawg:

@Dcat

I get this error when i try to test this on fighter factory with shredder.

Seek Truth
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
#58  February 06, 2013, 01:39:00 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
Did you try with FF3 instead of old FF Classic or Ultimate ? May have to do with the use of 1.0 only triggers.
#59  February 06, 2013, 05:02:57 pm
  • Foolish, but learning.
Krang LV 3- the fireburst seems unblockable high or low.  Even if it somehow misses, you still need to deal with the rush, which is unblockable and very quick.

I can't explain it, but the comboing for Krang bugs me.  It's very quick, but oddly stiff.

Krang's Pushblock seems off compared to Shredder's, in that it's possible you won't be moved by Krang's-leading to finding out you can't hit him during it AT ALL.

I'd swear Shredder's Teleport wants some kind of disadvantage.

It's interesting when you know/realise where a sound or graphic came from.  Leads to odd imagery.  I keep expecting Shredder to do Fatal Claw or Berserker Barrage X, and Krang's thrusters are equal parts Starktech and Aenslead Industries, as a 'for instance'.

'Shredder Transform at Final Round' can lead to 'if you don't drop a round, you won't see it'.  Is this as you wish?
\"So you have chosen....death.\"-Saruman.
#60  February 06, 2013, 09:53:03 pm
Very good characters
Thank you