YesNoOk

CVS2 Robert UPDATED 2-08-2014 (Read 55919 times)

Started by DGO, February 08, 2013, 04:30:13 am
Share this topic:

DGO

CVS2 Robert UPDATED 2-08-2014
New #1  February 08, 2013, 04:30:13 am
    • Chile
finally, time is up and here is the italian gigolo son of Steven Seagal:

MOVELIST

---SUPER---------------------

haoh shokou ken
F B DB D DF F + punch

ryuko ranbou
D DF F DF D DB B + punch

kazuryu sen
D DF F D DF F + kick

muei shippu juudankyaku (NEW)
D DB B D DB B + kick (MAX / LV3)

---SPECIAL-------------------

ryu geki ken
D DF F + punch

ryu zanchou
F D DF + kick

hien shippu kyaku
F DF D DB B + kick

hien ryuujin kyaku
(air) D DB B + kick

geneikyaku
F B F + kick

Kyokugen ryu Renbu Kyaku
B DB D DF F + kick

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Special Thanks to:

-ELECYTE for this wonderful engine
-CAPCOM & SNK for bring us all those games that we love and inspire us. 
-WARUSAKI3 for all his cvs2 chars.  Don't be mad about me editing Ryo,  i miss your work and i try to follow you. Your name keeps as creator in .def file.
-MUGEN GUILD users for the support, comments and sugerences.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 1 (02 19 2013):

-fixed cheap k.o. bug
-added Kyokugen ryu Renbu Kyaku
-deleted old Ryo's AI
-changed K.O. sound
-fixed missing sprite in taunt animation
-fixed F+MK problem
-fixed lifebar portrait without transparence
-fixed geneikyaku small hitbox
-fixed misaligned hit sparks
-fixed misaligned counter hit sparks
-fixed P throw, p2 reaction
-fixed damage in P and K throw
-fixed damage in crouching HP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE 2 (02 08 2014):

-change from original NGBC sprites to KOF99-2k2 edited by me
-cnls adaptation to the new sprites
-new moves added:
   F + high kick
   DF + medium kick
   jumping D + high kick
   muei shippu juudankyaku
-moves changed:
   D + medium punch: inspired on AOF3's D+punch
   jumping high kick      
   ryu geki ken: classical look (AOF/KOF 94-95), kick variation has gone.
   ryu zanchou: a little bit more "Ryuuga"
   hien shippu kyaku: KOF 96-2k2 version.
   Kyokugen ryu Renbu Kyaku: KOF 96-98 version, combo enabled at the enf after a high jump
   ryuko ranbou: changed finisher hits
-damage adjust on haoh shokou ken, ryuko ranbou & kazuryu sen
-added cns & air patches for special intros for warusaki3's Ryo, Yuri, Ken & Dan
-other minor fixes

DOWNLOAD============> https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FDPvg6tW-AQKCgcvYbdYGHO0HCgysyDK
Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 06:44:56 pm by DGO
Re: CVS2 Robert
#2  February 08, 2013, 04:41:38 am
  • Legend now but still learning
    • USA
    • http://cvsnb.deviantart.com/
NOO USE MEDIAFIRE XD
#3  February 08, 2013, 04:47:55 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
going by the video , He looks great, like he really was in CVS series , Dling now to give him a run , thanks for the release
#4  February 08, 2013, 04:50:12 am
  • ✭HUE HUE HUE✭
Yay! Another CVS Kof char =D
Downloading...
#5  February 08, 2013, 05:02:02 am
  • Lilly,Jbs Jr. are my world
    • USA
#6  February 08, 2013, 05:06:19 am
  • Are you ready?
    • USA
tried this character but i have a couple of problems with this:

1. after his taunt, there's a sprite missing
2. the battle cry is wrong who's this, raiden's battle cry or someone else's battle cry?

DGO

#7  February 08, 2013, 05:39:38 am
    • Chile
tried this character but i have a couple of problems with this:

1. after his taunt, there's a sprite missing
2. the battle cry is wrong who's this, raiden's battle cry or someone else's battle cry?

my gosh!  i totaly forgot about k.o. sound... it is from ryo... and the sprite missing, in air file in animation 195, the correct last line must be : 180,5, 0,0, 5
i apologize about it, i'll add this problems to "to do" list.
#8  February 08, 2013, 08:24:10 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Only one word: FINALLY!
Downloading it now, especially because he's Warusaki-styled.
EDIT: Tested. Your char is good, but there are two glitches that I have noticed:
-The Lifebar Portrait has got a pink background
-When Robert gets cheap KO'ed by himself, the round doesn't end.
I actually would have prefered, if his default pal would be based on his AoF attire, since that is more recognizeable, but that's just preferences.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 08:27:51 am by Trinitronity

DW

#9  February 08, 2013, 01:35:44 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
-F.HP throw looks weird. P2 bounces up and then just appears on the ground lying down.
-F.HK throw hitspark looks misaligned imo.
-I thought this incarnation of Robert was a charge type(i.e. hold B -> F any punch for his fireball,etc.). Why change it?
-Clsns need optimization and you should make more use of clsn constant. Especially with basic actions and gethit anims.
-Most of Robert's normal attacks leave him at negative frames. Some worst than others, like his standing far HP leaves him at - 6...

This means more times than not, Robert will get punished on hit with the majority of his normals. Basically, all of them with -3 and higher, he gets owned.

-Ryu Zanchou misses thinner hitbox chars up close...

Your name keeps as creator in .def file.
^Why? When he didn't create him? I understand the whole homage thing and what not, but even if you did use his char as a base, you did do the work overall. But, if you want to keep it that way, that's cool.

Honestly, I'd suggest using JZ's chars as reference, since they're far more up to date. Waru's chars are very outdated, with various bugs here and there. Nothing too heavy, but still, it'd be nice to avoid them if you could. Which you can. Overall though, I like the feel to him and all. Did you edit his sprites? They look ok I guess, but not very CvS honestly imo. IDK, maybe it's just me... Look forward to updates on him, nice job.
Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 01:38:46 pm by DivineWolf
#10  February 08, 2013, 04:33:10 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings
Yeah, but Warusaki's chars have the better EX-Groove, in my opinion.
===My discord servers===

DW

#11  February 08, 2013, 04:43:23 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net

No, not really. JZ's EX Groove can be customized. Therefore imho, making it better than Waru's. Because you can suit it to your tastes. You can even get the same result as Waru's EX Groove, so yeah.... Also, outside of a full game, all the message pop ups, annoying announcer's voice, and Groove bars is really...well annoying and clashes with basically all SPs. JZ gives the option of removing all of that, which is awesome. I know how to remove it myself from Waru's/H's chars, but not everyone does. Overall, it'd be a much better choice to follow JZ's example with CvS2 accurate-attempt chars.
#12  February 08, 2013, 05:19:48 pm
  • Swagger just dumb. Call it Kelly Bundy
    • USA
Will the special intros work on Pots Dan and Jmp's Ken?

DGO

#13  February 08, 2013, 05:21:35 pm
    • Chile
-F.HP throw looks weird. P2 bounces up and then just appears on the ground lying down.

i copied from waru's geese, exactly...  note that

-F.HK throw hitspark looks misaligned imo 
note that

-I thought this incarnation of Robert was a charge type(i.e. hold B -> F any punch for his fireball,etc.). Why change it?
i don't know!!! i get used to it and then never change it.  note that

Clsns need optimization and you should make more use of clsn constant. Especially with basic actions and gethit anims.
-Most of Robert's normal attacks leave him at negative frames. Some worst than others, like his standing far HP leaves him at - 6... 
This means more times than not, Robert will get punished on hit with the majority of his normals. Basically, all of them with -3 and higher, he gets owned.
that's originaly from Ryo, i didn't change those parameters to keep as close as i can from warus chars.

-Ryu Zanchou misses thinner hitbox chars up close... 
note that

Honestly, I'd suggest using JZ's chars as reference, since they're far more up to date. Waru's chars are very outdated, with various bugs here and there. Nothing too heavy, but still, it'd be nice to avoid them if you could. Which you can. Overall though, I like the feel to him and all. Did you edit his sprites? They look ok I guess, but not very CvS honestly imo. IDK, maybe it's just me... Look forward to updates on him, nice job. 

i know, JZ's chars are very studied and more accurate to the real cvs2 style, but he doesn't have much chars to study certain moves,  i didnt edit the sprites (except anims 440, 1200 and 850), it just a pelette swap and a color separation on hair and chest. 

thanks for taking the time to review the char and adviseme about it problems.   it'll be fixed on a future update.

Posted: February 08, 2013, 05:24:24 pm
Will the special intros work on Pots Dan and Jmp's Ken?
originaly not, but if air and cns coincides it'spossible

Posted: February 08, 2013, 05:27:12 pm
Only one word: FINALLY!
Downloading it now, especially because he's Warusaki-styled.
EDIT: Tested. Your char is good, but there are two glitches that I have noticed:
-The Lifebar Portrait has got a pink background
-When Robert gets cheap KO'ed by himself, the round doesn't end.
I actually would have prefered, if his default pal would be based on his AoF attire, since that is more recognizeable, but that's just preferences.

lifebar bug, note that
cheap k.o. is already in "to do" list,

DW

#14  February 08, 2013, 05:49:33 pm
    • USA
    • www.trinitymugen.net
i don't know!!! i get used to it and then never change it.  note that

I just ask, because I'm used to this incarnation of Robert being a charge type. Maybe you could just make a separate cmd to keep this control scheme of him, along with giving him his default scheme. There's nothing wrong with the way you have it now, because it still holds true to him. But, I'm sure most people who know about this Robert, will expect him to have a charge type command scheme.

that's originaly from Ryo, i didn't change those parameters to keep as close as i can from warus chars.

What parameters? You mean the clsns? Attack times? Or both? Either way, you can't really take parameters from another char and copy/paste them into another... :-\ Even if they're the same char, which they're not. They may have moves and all that are similar and it's good for a base reference, but you still have to change things accordingly. Like I said, Waru's char's are outdated and are in need of updates themselves. You can't really take them at face value.

i know, JZ's chars are very studied and more accurate to the real cvs2 style, but he doesn't have much chars to study certain moves,  i didnt edit the sprites (except anims 440, 1200 and 850), it just a pelette swap and a color separation on hair and chest.

Well, if accuracy is your aim, it'd be much wiser to reference a coder's chars that are more along those lines. For certain moves, it'd be alright to reference Waru's chars, but the overall basis/system of the chars should derive from JZ's chars. So, I guess it'll be a good idea to cross between the two when needed.

As for the sprites... Ah, ok. Looks alright. You're a spriter though, right? That may be something you may consider, touching up the sprites to give them a more CvS feel. 

thanks for taking the time to review the char and adviseme about it problems.   it'll be fixed on a future update.

No problem. You did a good job on him overall.
#15  February 08, 2013, 05:54:51 pm
  • Back to the Beginnings

No, not really. JZ's EX Groove can be customized. Therefore imho, making it better than Waru's. Because you can suit it to your tastes. You can even get the same result as Waru's EX Groove, so yeah.... Also, outside of a full game, all the message pop ups, annoying announcer's voice, and Groove bars is really...well annoying and clashes with basically all SPs. JZ gives the option of removing all of that, which is awesome. I know how to remove it myself from Waru's/H's chars, but not everyone does. Overall, it'd be a much better choice to follow JZ's example with CvS2 accurate-attempt chars.
Okay, the option of disabling groove bars, menu pop-ups and such is neat, but I always got used to Waru's EX-Groove.
But again, preferences.
===My discord servers===

#16  February 08, 2013, 10:56:37 pm
Just a little help. I added the intro vs. Ken and when I start the match ken does the intro against Robert but Robert does his normal intro. Is it anything i need to add to Robert?

DGO

#17  February 09, 2013, 03:52:31 am
    • Chile
Just a little help. I added the intro vs. Ken and when I start the match ken does the intro against Robert but Robert does his normal intro. Is it anything i need to add to Robert?

warusaki3 ken?
#18  February 09, 2013, 06:07:33 am
Yes! I'm using warusaki's ken.
#19  February 09, 2013, 07:16:23 am
  • Musician-Stage creator-Spriter-IFF Combat adviser.
    • Indonesia
    • www.youtube.com/user/EXmugen
Nice job!! But is there any way to get rid of those power bars and that announcer? I'd rather have him in permanent EX mode. And the announcer is just annoying to say the least... Nice work tho! This was greatly needed!  :afro:
#20  February 09, 2013, 07:49:55 am
  • Palette God? Champion? AntiChrist? Something.
  • I AM THE KING OF PALETTES!!
    • USA
Nice job!! But is there any way to get rid of those power bars and that announcer? I'd rather have him in permanent EX mode. And the announcer is just annoying to say the least... Nice work tho! This was greatly needed!  :afro:

I think there's a patch by KojiroBadness that lets you lock the character in certain modes.  For the announcer the easiest way is to just delete every sound clip from his SND but that may cause weird stuff to happen possibly.  Also don't forget that if he has a config file you can make your own EX groove (like Warusaki's characters).