YesNoOk

DC Cinematic Universe: Now presenting Gang Weed: The Movie (Read 1408620 times)

Started by Jmorphman, August 31, 2012, 12:01:22 am
Share this topic:
Re: DC Cinematic Universe: just how much can we botch Justice League?
#21  September 11, 2012, 09:45:42 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
They made Darkseid an evil cloud. There is nothing worse than that.

NEVER FORGET CLOUDGALACTUS OR CLOUDDARKSEID
#22  September 12, 2012, 09:37:29 am
It took the shape we know once or twice, and I think it says it's not really Darkseid but just his influence, so it didn't bother me that we only saw a cloud.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#23  September 12, 2012, 10:25:01 am
  • I'll do it myself.
    • France
    • Skype - djoulianne
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/hosted.html
how did you guys like Brainiac, by the way? i actually liked the actor very much but that's about it :/
#24  September 12, 2012, 04:53:19 pm
    • USA
James Marsters is fucking awesome.

But uh I didn't watch any episodes with Brainiac so I can't say how he did in that role.
#25  October 21, 2012, 12:49:05 am
    • USA
#26  December 29, 2012, 10:53:17 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/excusive-justice-league-movie-character-info-darkseids-elite-lois-lane-alfred-and-more

Superman is essentially the same character from Man of Steel, and Zack Snyder is consulting regarding the writing of the character.

• Batman: The strategist of the group. Batman doesn't really want to be involved with these super powered beings he considers too powerful. Easily the most complex written.

• Wonder Woman: She has only been in man's world a few short months. The Wonder Woman script Michael Goldenberg is developing will be set before the Justice League movie.

• Green Lantern: Will be Ryan Reynold's character from the Green Lantern movie, but will be freshly written with a more serious tone.

• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.

• Martian Manhunter: Alien who has lived on Earth in secret for over a hundred years who has knowledge of Darkseid and his reign.

• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.

• There will also be a heavy military presence in the film which in future rewrites could include characters featured in Man of Steel or even Amanda Waller (Angela Bassett) of which neither are included in the first draft.

• Alfred Pennyworth is in the film in a minor appearance.

• Lois Lane is also in the film in a cameo.

• Darkseid's Elite will be featured who go up against the Justice League early on in the film.
#27  December 29, 2012, 11:04:02 pm
• Aquaman: Will be the King of Atlantis who has a key role in the film.
How to make Aquaman relevant ? By making him critical to the plot. HOHOHO.

So is this film a go after all ? Not beating around the bush saying maybe tee-hee we won't say because we're not sure ?
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#28  December 30, 2012, 01:27:08 am
  • Legendary XIII
  • I am the eye of the storm to come!
    • New Zealand
    • network.mugenguild.com/cyanide/
Urgh, Xmen: the last stand, cinematic brilliance? It was shit. In all directions. Xmen first class was good. The last stand was a steaming heap.

I have almost no hopes for this. Honestly they should just live action the first ep of the JL cartoon, might turn out OK that way.

In M.U.G.E.N there is no magic button

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance.
#29  December 30, 2012, 01:28:37 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
X-men Last stand? I do not know what you are talking about? There is no such thing.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING.
#30  December 30, 2012, 08:49:13 pm
    • USA
#31  January 14, 2013, 11:28:26 pm
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/
• Flash: The most popular hero in civilian eyes who loves media attention, but when called upon is very serious.
Oh please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please, make him like this one

Also, I don't know you, but I enjoyed Green Lantern movie (not much as Avengers, but I like it) and I would like to see Reynolds again as Hal Jordan (close to the end of the movie he becomes serious and closer to his comics counterpart IMO)

It will apparently be called Amazon, like that Green Arrow show is gonna be called Arrow and the Superman-not-being-Superman show was called Smallville. The rumors seem to indicate that it is also pretty similar to Smallville, in that it will have arbitrary rules for the superheroics (like no tights, no flights) and to feature unlikeable characters complaining about being superheroes. :pwn:
Oh no, a Smallville clone?? I actually liked the WW pilot leaked on the net, it would be awesom if that would be concreted ;_;

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#32  February 08, 2013, 05:48:46 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Rumor has it the JLA movie is starting over from Square one.

Rumor has it Warner Bros. has dumped their Justice League script from Will Beall, and is starting over from scratch. Not great news.

Badass Digest broke the news that the studio has dumped their Darkseid-centered script:

"The story from each source is the same: it's terrible. Some sources seem to think the whole movie is going to fall apart and never happen, while some believe that Warner Bros will keep moving forward, unwilling to lose the superhero arms race."

BAD has the story verified from multiple sources, so could this be curtains for the Justice League? No one will really know until Man of Steel is released. It's been reported before, and states again in this rumor that Warner Bros. is waiting to see how the Superman movie will do before they press forward. Pair the studios nerves with the fact that no one in Hollywood wants to direct this movie without a better script (or any script) and we're predicting the fall of the Justice League by late summer.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
Re: Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#33  February 08, 2013, 06:19:59 pm
  • SNK is life
Well, what can you do. If it's not good, it's just not good.

It's hard to believe that Superhero movies started with DC, and they did fairly well with Superman and Batman since decades ago, and all of a sudden they just can't find their path at all now that Marvel set the bar so damn high.

It's sad that there isn't enough enthusiasm (or is it a matter of money) that could drive this movie forward with a decent script.
#34  February 08, 2013, 06:32:45 pm
    • USA
Re: Re: entertainment news that don't deserve their own thread
#35  February 08, 2013, 06:33:53 pm
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
I don't think it's a matter of enthusiasm, it's a matter of DC/Warner Bros.  not understanding why Marvel's movies are working.  I guarantee you that the only reason a Justice League movie is being worked on is so that they can try to compete with The Avengers.  They saw "Big Superhero Team Movie Makes Kajillions" and immediately tried to jump in and grab a piece of that pie without bothering to look at why The Avengers worked as well as it did. 
#36  February 08, 2013, 06:36:53 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
I put that in the Entertainment thread because I couldn't find this one :/
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#37  February 08, 2013, 06:38:24 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
if only there was a dc interested mod that would fix that! D:"hint hint nudge nudge"
#38  February 08, 2013, 06:40:48 pm
    • USA
#39  February 08, 2013, 06:44:13 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
i was just suggesting you separated them and merged them here.
What does mook even mean:

mook    1372 up, 592 down

Coined in the Scorsese film, 'Mean Streets', meaning a arsehole or loser.
I'm not paying, because this guy's a mook

bastard loser arsehole asshole jerk

you need to calm down a bit.
#40  February 08, 2013, 06:47:24 pm
  • SNK is life
I don't think it's a matter of enthusiasm, it's a matter of DC/Warner Bros.  not understanding why Marvel's movies are working.  I guarantee you that the only reason a Justice League movie is being worked on is so that they can try to compete with The Avengers.  They saw "Big Superhero Team Movie Makes Kajillions" and immediately tried to jump in and grab a piece of that pie without bothering to look at why The Avengers worked as well as it did.
Well, they already had a working Batman universe, and a questionable Superman Reboot with an actor cheap to bring back again.

BUT NOOOO... they had to reboot the Superman universe, do a lot of tie-in movies, and didn't throw enough money at Chris Nolan to stick around to make it work properly. This whole thing riding on Zack Snyder's Superman shoulders (which I understand the faith they have in him, 300 and Watchmen) is kinda hard to believe (since Zack DID MAKE SUCKERPUNCH). He's talented and stylish in his cinematography, but I don't think he could manage a Justice League movie...

The Justice League isn't Watchmen, it's a lot bigger.