YesNoOk

General Sonic The Hedgehog franchise discussion  (Read 90832 times)

Started by Hyogo, February 25, 2013, 03:24:51 am
Share this topic:
Re: General Sonic The Hedgehog franchise discussion
#21  February 25, 2013, 05:43:51 am
  • Formerly JordanoDaMano (JDM)
    • Canada
Sonic Heroes was pretty enjoyable, and it also had some laughable dialogue. "Look at ALL those Eggman's robots!" is one of my favourites.
#22  February 25, 2013, 05:44:39 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
"Want some mooooooore?" - Tails.
#23  February 25, 2013, 05:47:12 am
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
Someone should merge all that bickering in this thread. And I say 'someone' because I feel tired.

I still hate the fact that they gave Sonic an evil, generic anime twin.
Shadow is quite literally a terrible Sonic recolor from the dredges of the fan community, except official.

*Ding, ding ding*

That's exactly why he's popular. Sega knows how to please its 12 years old and 12-years-old-minded fanbase.

Now they just need to make a furry-themed MMO so every deviant art  and furraffinity tard can play with his own shitty recolor in an official game. Shit man, just think about it, Sega executives would sit in piles of money if they did that.
#24  February 25, 2013, 05:48:03 am
    • Canada
#25  February 25, 2013, 06:07:16 am
  • For honor!
Shadow is quite literally a terrible Sonic recolor from the dredges of the fan community, except official. I still don't understand why he exists or why people like him.
I like him for the wrong reasons. He is so amusingly pathetic at everything.
I have the same opinion of his game.
Iroha stripped for me
#26  February 25, 2013, 06:33:45 am
  • "OHHH YES!"
    • Canada
Gonna talk about SA2 here for a minute. Reading in that game review thread it's APPARENTLY buggy, but doing a complete playthrough, 2 hours straight of hero story, I hadn't run into ANYTHING. Maybe I wasn't actively searching for them. BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I REALLY WANNA TALK ABOUT! Let's talk about Sonic 3 & Knuckles guys. I wish I could say "Let's talk about how it crushes Sonic 2" but I'll refrain from being a jerk and say "Let's talk about how it was + your experience." It's more fun that way I guess.

But are there truly grown men in this world?!
#27  February 25, 2013, 06:37:51 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Fair enough! Sadly I haven't gotten far into it... I always got stuck in Hydrocity act 2 because that wall always killed me. I did get past it after some years but Marble Garden zone killed it for me. I tried Sonic and Knuckles and I never made past Mushroom Hill zone, I can't remember why, I don't even remember the boss well.. in fact I hardly remember the second zone.. I think I may have lost interest fast in this one since I owned Mega Collection and I went back to Sonic 2 a lot. Also I guess the look of Sonic throws me off, it's better yes but I find the overall style.. too dark or crowded for me? I'm not sure on this either, the look of the game also turns me off from playing it further. Maybe I should give it a try since it's been a couple of years since I last attempted it.
#28  February 25, 2013, 06:43:43 am
    • Canada
Funny story, contrary to most Sonic fans, I actually grew up with the PC version of S3&K, and was weirded out the first time I heard the original Genesis Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base music. Not only that, but people got mad at me for enjoying the PC version's songs.

Also, who else had trouble with that barrel in Carnival Night Act 2 for the longest time?

Lith, when you get to that part press up and down!
#29  February 25, 2013, 06:59:41 am
Re: SA2 glitches, I specifically had problems with the Robotnik boss in the pyramid-like level, with both Sonic and Shadow, the Knuckles/Rouge fight, and the Sonic/Shadow fight, as well as lesser problems like clipping through climbable surfaces and being catapulted into pits.

I played more S&K than I did Sonic 3, but I don't think I beat either one of them. I got it long after Sonic 2, and had mostly transitioned to Playstation by then.

That barrel :(
#30  February 25, 2013, 12:59:24 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
The best Sonic rivals are Knuckles and Blaze.

And the best character in the series is definitely Mari*is shot*

Pal

#31  February 25, 2013, 02:40:32 pm
    • Argentina
Funny story, contrary to most Sonic fans, I actually grew up with the PC version of S3&K, and was weirded out the first time I heard the original Genesis Carnival Night, Ice Cap and Launch Base music. Not only that, but people got mad at me for enjoying the PC version's songs.

Also, who else had trouble with that barrel in Carnival Night Act 2 for the longest time?

Lith, when you get to that part press up and down!

Same here. Spent like 3 years playing the shit out of the PC version. Mostly because around here you can only get pirate cartridges so I had NO idea about the lock-on system that came with S&K and thus the PC version was the only way for me to play S3&K.

I also had some really awesome Creative soundcard at the time so the MIDIs sounded fucking awesome. Ice Cap blew my mind with that soundcard.

Also, I can't really understand why so many people got stuck at that barrel. You jump on it, you see it starts going up and down alright let's try holding up and down along with it and THEEERE we go.
#32  February 25, 2013, 03:00:45 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Love your Sakuya avatar.

Anyway, who ever tried Gems collection?
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#33  February 25, 2013, 03:27:00 pm
    • Philippines
I had both Mega Collection Plus and Gems Collection. Fun times.

The thing I remember the most from Gems was the acid remix of Can't You Feel the Sunshine. Sega knew all about the meme. LOL
#34  February 25, 2013, 03:45:14 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
The demos were a pretty nice inclusion too.
#35  February 25, 2013, 05:00:47 pm
    • Philippines
If you use a Gameshark you can stop the time limit and play the full games. :D
#36  February 25, 2013, 05:04:52 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I'm betting their combined size may or may not have contributed to lack of Knuckles Chaotix.

Seriously what is sega's beef with that game aside from licensing?
#37  February 25, 2013, 07:48:46 pm
    • USA
Went back to playing S1 on genesis and this game is hard as shit. Labyrinth Zone boss killed the game for me.
#38  February 25, 2013, 08:10:57 pm
    • Philippines
Heh, I got stuck in that level as well. Haven't passed it after all these years.
#39  February 25, 2013, 08:52:57 pm
  • Sunglasses at night
    • USA
Amy's Sonic Adventure theme. You guys keep forgetting...
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

So can we also discuss some of the hacks of the Sega Genesis games in this topic? There are some pretty awesome ones worth mentioning.
#40  February 25, 2013, 08:56:02 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ