YesNoOk

Third public beta release of Art Of Fury (Read 149827 times)

Started by CCIronmugen, March 02, 2013, 04:04:17 pm
Share this topic:
Third public beta release of Art Of Fury
#1  March 02, 2013, 04:04:17 pm
  • Jurassic creator
  • You ain't nothing but a hound dog
    • iron-mugen.one
Art of Fury
Third public beta

02.mar.2013

This release includes :

* Full screenpack (except storyboards)
* Lifebars, sparks etc
* 18 characters : Ryo, Terry, Robert, Andy, Takuma, Joe, Yuri, Mai, Lee, Tung, John, Yamazaki, Eiji, Billy, Mr.Karate, Wild Wolf, Mr.Big and Krauser
* All characters' stages with BGM

note : to select Mr.Karate, highlight Ryo and just press left. to select Wild Wolf, highlight Terry and press right.

Characters' movelist are included in the parent directory.

As I'm saying since the begining, don't be waiting for a KOF-like gameplay. This game plays like "Real Bout Fatal Fury" and "Art of Fighting". Thank you. =)

Damage and defence values have been arranged depending on the character you're playing. Also I tried to avoid DINO-DAMAGES here.

DOWNLOAD LINKS :

http://www.mediafire.com/?y5eu8puon4n20by
http://ccirocky.free.fr/AOFF_beta3_130302.rar

If you have any feedbacks or suggestions please post here.
Enjoy. ^w^

Re: Third public beta release of Art Of Fury
#2  March 02, 2013, 05:24:00 pm
  • Hungry Wolf
  • Aspiring Sprite Animator
    • South Africa
woohoo.. loved the previous beta, will post feedback later.
#3  March 02, 2013, 05:25:15 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
-Krauser's Forward+C in his combos misses up close. (Tested on Terry I think)
-Wild Wolf doesn't seem to have a movelist pic.
-Readme still thinks it's 2012. :P
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#4  March 02, 2013, 05:31:43 pm
John's Atomic Smash misses when too close, and so do Joe's Hurricane Upper, as well as Andy's Geki Hisshouken (although you have to not even walk a pixel back during the qcb for that to happen so it probably doesn't happen against the bigger guys - I think I got that against Takuma). I haven't found any other character where that happens. Those moves could use just a little more width.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#5  March 02, 2013, 06:36:57 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
What a nice surprise!
#6  March 02, 2013, 07:31:37 pm
    • Brazil
Thanks for release
#7  March 02, 2013, 11:36:43 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Oh thank you guys for downloading and testing. :)

C.A.N :

- Do you mean his close C, forward C combo? I'll check it out!
- He doesn't? Ops forgot.. I will post it here asap!
- Yeah, I haven't even touched the readme file. My bad. xD

DKDC :

Oh yeah, a problem I always forget (that and the voices channel... when you get hit by Billy's tap_A special while in air, it's horrible to hear :D)
#8  March 02, 2013, 11:39:08 pm
  • tired
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#9  March 02, 2013, 11:41:40 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Ah ok I see! This attack is using his regular strong punch animation. Probably the CLSN which doesn't match. Thank you, I'll check it~
#10  March 03, 2013, 01:39:27 am
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
You forgot to add Wild Wolf's movelist.
#11  March 03, 2013, 01:44:44 am
  • tired
#12  March 03, 2013, 07:01:57 am
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Damn My internet is slow It took me 2 hours to download it last time it was less. Lets See The awesome stuff in it.

Posted: March 03, 2013, 07:46:13 am
Nice gameplay.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#13  March 03, 2013, 03:04:21 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
#14  March 03, 2013, 07:23:40 pm
    • USA
    • Skype - Uche1234@hotmail.com
This is a major surprise!
#15  March 04, 2013, 01:01:34 am
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Dudes, I can't find the file where I wrote all characters' movelist... I will have to remake the file for Wild Wolf and starting tomorrow for 2 weeks I won't have time at all... Sorry :/ So here is a quick movelist :

Wild Wolf
attack 70
defence 120

Buster throw :  close forward + C

Combos :
(down) A, (down) C
(down) A/B, (down) B, (down) C
(down) A/B, (down) B, fwd C, back C
(down) A/B, (down) B, down+back C
run A, forward CCCC, back + C

Power Wave : qcf A/C
Burn Knuckle : qcb A/C
Crack Shot : qcb B
Power Dunk (max & medium only) : fwd, down, down+fwd B
Power Charge : back, fwd, fwd A

(max power) Power Geiser : qcb, down+back, fwd A

(max pow + low life) Buster Wolf : qcf qcf B+C
#16  March 04, 2013, 07:24:18 pm
  • MUGEN IS MY LIFE /I promise from not to derail.
Just copied it to a notepad and saved it on the chars folder.
Esaka rules Beat that.... Or Just Get outta my way
#17  March 08, 2013, 08:18:02 pm
  • Me Bouncy
    • USA
    • runningwildwolf@gmail.com
    • http://youtube.com/runningwildvidya
I'll be doing an overview of the game live on my stream later.

Posted: March 11, 2013, 12:32:03 am
http://www.twitch.tv/runningwildvidya Gonna start soon

Posted: March 11, 2013, 02:11:22 am
Here's what I think about the game so far -

- Needs more streamlined commands, like Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. Too many quirky and weird commands like early Neo-Geo fighters, makes it really rough to combo into some moves. That's the biggest turn off to me. All of these old school nonsense commands that were later rectified in later FF or KOF games.
- Overhead command normal moves should be Forward+A instead of Back+A (Ryo's chop, Krauser's overhead, a few others, etc). Same with several characters having anti-air uppercuts as down-back A (Ryo/Mr.Karate), I think they should be down-forward+A, or down-forward C.  I like being able to hold down-back during combo strings starting with A and actually get a crouching punch instead of an anti-air that I can't really do anything with.
- Yamazaki needs a total re-haul. He feels like crappy FF3/RB1 Yamazaki, and his stomp is ass. Not a good version of him at all.
- WildWolf should have his Power Dunk Break (Maybe at the cost of some meter?), and Power Charge should be forward, forward  + A, not back, forward, forward +A. I don't like how the whole move automatically comes out on hit either. Crackshot should be an overhead, maybe have it come out a tad slower. He needs more to separate him from regular Terry. Also lol @ his select screen portrait. That's some whack Photoshopping.  lol Mary's hair.
- Alot of Renbuken moves occasionally screw up in the corner, causing the opponent to not get launched/knocked down.
- Mr.Karate's launcher chain's final hit does not connect at all on Terry.
- Speaking of Mr.Karate, his dragon punch looks terrible. It's literally a single frame. I also really hate his default palette. Since when does Ryo wear red? Give him his proper Wild Ambition colors!
- Mr.Karate needs more cancelable moves, especially his close C. I can't believe that's not cancelable. His cr.B should also combo into Hien (Same with regular Ryo and Takuma).
- Mr.Karate/Ryo, Takuma and Robert should all be able to combo a Zanretsuken/Ginei Kyaku after a close C.
- Why is Mr.Karate/Ryo's down-back A 2 hits? Doesn't make much sense.
- I think something should be done with all the Kyokugen characters to make them stand out a bit more. They are kinda boring and lacking in variety. Something to spice them up would be nice.
- It would be cool if Joe had his uppercut follow-up to Bakurestsuken
- Give Mai her rekka from RBS, which she also had in 2k2UM.
- I think Mai needs a better SDM. Like her SDM from RBS or RB2.
- John Crawly needs some work, aesthetics wise, he looks way out of place and his animation is jerky/lacking.
- Feints are seriously messed up. When I try to do combo string's and I tap B, then tap C, I get a feint. I'm not even tapping B+C at the same time. Too many unwanted feints ruining combo's. I couldn't use them to extend combo strings either.
- DM's come out too damn slow and from what I tested none of them actually combo save for Eiji, Tung, and Andy's. Same deal with SDM's, alot of them are just too slow, they don't combo and have little to no invincibility, making them pretty useless. There's almost never any need to use supers, unless it's a meaty unblockable Ranbu.
- I think it's kinda lame every character has the same launcher combo, and some characters don't get anything off it.
- I think the last hit of the generic launcher combo SHOULD be cancelable. That would make it alot better and benefit every single character, and allow more moves to juggle.
- I think characters need more command normals and variable chain combo's. It just feels too samey to me with the way normals are, not enough variety.
- I think the health bar is too much and needs to be cut down, matches feel like they take too long and moves don't do enough damage, especially combo's. Super damage can probably be cut down to compensate.
- Power Gauge needs to be re-tooled. Constantly having to recharge manually during a fight sucks, and having to rely on neutered versions of your special moves is lame. It only takes 3 or 4 specials to completely empty the gauge, and some moves requiring the gauge to be full rarely see any use. Supers are even more useless because how slow and un-combo friendly they are, on top of the power gauge requirements. I think the game would benefit more with a RB style power gauge - DM's are useable when gauge is full, but causes the gauge to drain, Guard Cancels are useable with half gauge or more, and SDM's are useable with half life and full gauge. No Infinite DM's at half life, but maybe make them cost half the amount of gauge they would normally cost. If you really want to keep the Power Gauge in, then I suggest getting rid of manual charging and just make the power gauge regenerate extremely fast and put more restrictions on DM's/SDM's.

That's all I have to say about it so far. It's not bad, but it needs some serious re-tooling I think.
Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 06:09:33 pm by RunningWild
#18  March 19, 2013, 01:49:13 pm
  • Jurassic creator
    • iron-mugen.one
Wow that's some long feedback. =) Sorry I couldn't come in before.

- Needs more streamlined commands, like Real Bout Fatal Fury 2. Too many quirky and weird commands like early Neo-Geo fighters, makes it really rough to combo into some moves. That's the biggest turn off to me. All of these old school nonsense commands that were later rectified in later FF or KOF games.
Are you talking about DM/SDM commands? Please give me an exemple. =)

- Overhead command normal moves should be Forward+A instead of Back+A (Ryo's chop, Krauser's overhead, a few others, etc). Same with several characters having anti-air uppercuts as down-back A (Ryo/Mr.Karate), I think they should be down-forward+A, or down-forward C.  I like being able to hold down-back during combo strings starting with A and actually get a crouching punch instead of an anti-air that I can't really do anything with.
Well, since half of the characters have a A,B,fwdC combo and I usually hold fwd since the first move, I didn't want the character to do the command move instead of the regular A punch.
As for the downward attack, it's mainly a defensive move, that's why I put the back command instead of forward. It's also this way in one of the RB games. I wanted to follow it.

- Yamazaki needs a total re-haul. He feels like crappy FF3/RB1 Yamazaki, and his stomp is ass. Not a good version of him at all.
Well, I agree. But I though this way he would be too cheap. The stomp? down,down+C?

- WildWolf should have his Power Dunk Break (Maybe at the cost of some meter?), and Power Charge should be forward, forward  + A, not back, forward, forward +A. I don't like how the whole move automatically comes out on hit either. Crackshot should be an overhead, maybe have it come out a tad slower. He needs more to separate him from regular Terry. Also lol @ his select screen portrait. That's some whack Photoshopping.  lol Mary's hair.
Well, I thought about the Dunk Break but forgot, thanks for stating it. ^^
The Power Charge command was taken from RBS. The reason is the running A combo. It would make a Charge instead of the first punch. I should jsut change to a HCF I think.
Okay for Crack Shot.
Oh, the portrait, it's the best I could do. :P Too bad Garou Terry doesn't have an artwork drawn by Shinkiro...

- Alot of Renbuken moves occasionally screw up in the corner, causing the opponent to not get launched/knocked down.
Aouch, taking note.

- Mr.Karate's launcher chain's final hit does not connect at all on Terry.
O_o
Regular Terry or both?

- Speaking of Mr.Karate, his dragon punch looks terrible. It's literally a single frame. I also really hate his default palette. Since when does Ryo wear red? Give him his proper Wild Ambition colors!
The animation is the same as UG/MUGEN, taken from Robert special striker in Kof2000.
Wait. Default palette is red? I though I put him dark orange. O_o Maybe confounding with his regular UG palette......

- Mr.Karate needs more cancelable moves, especially his close C. I can't believe that's not cancelable. His cr.B should also combo into Hien (Same with regular Ryo and Takuma).
Indeed. I don't even know why... Fixing~
None of the characters can cancel crouch B. Took it from RB games (RB1 and RBS that is)

- Mr.Karate/Ryo, Takuma and Robert should all be able to combo a Zanretsuken/Ginei Kyaku after a close C.
I take note.

- Why is Mr.Karate/Ryo's down-back A 2 hits? Doesn't make much sense.
Same goes for Robert and Takuma. Terry's RB uppercut is also a 2 hit. Remember it's not KOF accurate at all. :P

- I think something should be done with all the Kyokugen characters to make them stand out a bit more. They are kinda boring and lacking in variety. Something to spice them up would be nice.
I agree but I don't have much "old school ideas"... Though Robert is kinda diff... not really in fact... I'll work on it. But I swear Loli_Yuri will be different.

- It would be cool if Joe had his uppercut follow-up to Bakurestsuken
Will be added. ^^

- Give Mai her rekka from RBS, which she also had in 2k2UM.
What it is?

- I think Mai needs a better SDM. Like her SDM from RBS or RB2.
Yes. I'm not satisfied with her RB1 SDM... If I had to choose, I'd take the RBS one.

- John Crawly needs some work, aesthetics wise, he looks way out of place and his animation is jerky/lacking.
It was hard to make... :( Anything in particular?

- Feints are seriously messed up. When I try to do combo string's and I tap B, then tap C, I get a feint. I'm not even tapping B+C at the same time. Too many unwanted feints ruining combo's. I couldn't use them to extend combo strings either.
I might change the command then. I also get feints when I don't need them. But they are usable in combos

- DM's come out too damn slow and from what I tested none of them actually combo save for Eiji, Tung, and Andy's. Same deal with SDM's, alot of them are just too slow, they don't combo and have little to no invincibility, making them pretty useless. There's almost never any need to use supers, unless it's a meaty unblockable Ranbu.
Well, that was supposed to be like older SNK games. But I changed my mind about few stuff. Like making the DM "normally blockable" and the SDM guard-crushing (instead of guard crush DM and unblockable SDM). And DM would be combo-able (but not SDM).

- I think it's kinda lame every character has the same launcher combo, and some characters don't get anything off it.
You mean ABC? Or ABdbC?

- I think the last hit of the generic launcher combo SHOULD be cancelable. That would make it alot better and benefit every single character, and allow more moves to juggle.
Even though it's not that way in RB games, I think you're right be should be only done for characters having less combos than the others.

- I think characters need more command normals and variable chain combo's. It just feels too samey to me with the way normals are, not enough variety.
Then I should make the basic combos cancelable into command moves right?

- I think the health bar is too much and needs to be cut down, matches feel like they take too long and moves don't do enough damage, especially combo's. Super damage can probably be cut down to compensate.
Yeah, Choujin told me about it too. I'll do something.

- Power Gauge needs to be re-tooled. Constantly having to recharge manually during a fight sucks, and having to rely on neutered versions of your special moves is lame. It only takes 3 or 4 specials to completely empty the gauge, and some moves requiring the gauge to be full rarely see any use. Supers are even more useless because how slow and un-combo friendly they are, on top of the power gauge requirements. I think the game would benefit more with a RB style power gauge - DM's are useable when gauge is full, but causes the gauge to drain, Guard Cancels are useable with half gauge or more, and SDM's are useable with half life and full gauge. No Infinite DM's at half life, but maybe make them cost half the amount of gauge they would normally cost. If you really want to keep the Power Gauge in, then I suggest getting rid of manual charging and just make the power gauge regenerate extremely fast and put more restrictions on DM's/SDM's.
Once again it was kinda that way in AOF. Not AOF3 though... I might reduce the power cost of the specials. But I'm not removing the manual charge.
The gauge is also fulfilling automaticly by itself, but slowly. Do you recommend it to be faster?
As for the DM/SDM system, I'll just keep the AOF system.

Thanks a lot for testing and for those feedbacks. =)

Yesterday I started replying but firefox did some sh!t and I had to restart my PC, and since it was time to sleep I left it. When I woke up I could restore the session of firefox and all I wrote was NOT lost, thanks Kami-sama...
#19  March 19, 2013, 02:14:08 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
I think when he says Mai's Rekka move, he means her fan throw QCB + A,A, A, A special from RBS.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#20  March 19, 2013, 04:10:21 pm
  • Every day is night
    • Brazil
    • linktr.ee/Magma_MKII
Are you talking about DM/SDM commands? Please give me an exemple. =)

He certainly means them. Some of them are really hard to pull off, like Yuri's.

It was hard to make... :( Anything in particular?

Take a look at Evil Orochi's John Crawley. It looks way better than the one you're using, plus it uses his american voice, which fits John way better than the japanese one.

Once again it was kinda that way in AOF. Not AOF3 though... I might reduce the power cost of the specials. But I'm not removing the manual charge.
The gauge is also fulfilling automaticly by itself, but slowly. Do you recommend it to be faster?
As for the DM/SDM system, I'll just keep the AOF system.

Just reduce the cost of the specials.