YesNoOk

Star Wars Thread: The Rise of running out of witty titles (Read 472240 times)

Started by Roman55, October 30, 2012, 09:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#101  March 12, 2013, 01:39:15 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
In much happier news, that fucking terrible looking animated Stars Wars spoof show Seth Green was going to be doing is probably getting shit-canned because Disney doesn't want someone making fun of tired Star Wars references when they're trying to get people excited for a new movie.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/03/disney-clone-wars-cancelled/

Also the Clone Wars cartoon is being cancelled.  Win some, lose some I suppose.
Re: Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion. New Star Wars film in the works.
#102  March 12, 2013, 02:13:18 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
Well it was inevitable due to the buyout.

Still, the dumb cartoon will hopefully be gone, that's a plus.
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#103  March 12, 2013, 02:15:41 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

#104  March 12, 2013, 07:10:35 am
    • Peru
Millie, "Ozy and Millie" said:
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
and people who will spit into the glass until that's fixed."
#105  March 13, 2013, 02:12:22 am
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
Okay it's been a few hours, so sorry, Nostalgia Critic is the LAST person to be labelling people as "unfunny."

In much happier news, that fucking terrible looking animated Stars Wars spoof show Seth Green was going to be doing is probably getting shit-canned because Disney doesn't want someone making fun of tired Star Wars references when they're trying to get people excited for a new movie.

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/03/disney-clone-wars-cancelled/

Also the Clone Wars cartoon is being cancelled.  Win some, lose some I suppose.

Win some, win some IMO. That series couldn't hold a torch to Tartakovsky's Clone Wars mini-series
#106  March 13, 2013, 03:54:19 am
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
So? That didn't mean it wasn't a good series.
#107  March 13, 2013, 05:33:17 pm
    • Peru
Okay it's been a few hours, so sorry, Nostalgia Critic is the LAST person to be labelling people as "unfunny."
Still not working, damn... what OS are you using? I'm using DBOAF™ (differences between opinion and facts) 8 Professional. I think there are some compatibillity issues here.
"I think there are really three types of people: "Glass is half-full" sorts of people, "Glass is half-empty" sorts of people,
#108  March 14, 2013, 06:19:13 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
* Macho Jango starts screaming loudly in a high-pitched voice while waving his arms wildly, then proceeds to sum up an entire movie

there was that funny? Because that's a Nostalgia Critic review.
#109  March 14, 2013, 07:02:33 am
  • The Absolute Worst
    • Canada
    • Skype - do.not.even.ask
    • randomselect.piiym.net/
you forgot to "shoot" a plastic gun

D-
#110  March 14, 2013, 06:15:06 pm
    • Peru
* Macho Jango starts screaming loudly in a high-pitched voice while waving his arms wildly, then proceeds to sum up an entire movie

there was that funny? Because that's a Nostalgia Critic review.
Right, first of all, get a hint: You can't sit there and tell me to get your sense of humor. I have my own and I'm fine with it.

Secondly, sometimes I find that funny, sometimes I don't. If it's overused, I don't. But to say that's all the NC is about only tells me you haven't watched his "show" nearly as much as I have, which is fine, because I can respect the fact you don't like him, and I'm not gonna harass you for thinking differently than me.

Thirdly, I do believe we oughta stop derailing this thread, and we can do so by leaving things alone and not getting butthurt because our opinion isn't shoved down the other person's throat successfully.
#111  March 14, 2013, 07:44:35 pm
  • SNK is life
^ This man speaks the truth.
#112  March 14, 2013, 09:42:08 pm
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Right, first of all, get a hint: You can't sit there and tell me to get your sense of humor. I have my own and I'm fine with it.
I actually can, and quite easily since a public forum means that you are open to any and all criticism, but fair deuce.

Secondly, sometimes I find that funny, sometimes I don't. If it's overused, I don't. But to say that's all the NC is about only tells me you haven't watched his "show" nearly as much as I have, which is fine, because I can respect the fact you don't like him, and I'm not gonna harass you for thinking differently than me.
I was a huuuuuuuuge fan until I started realizing his videos started overusing memes and just were the same old shit every episode. That and the Mako lung cancer joke.

Thirdly, I do believe we oughta stop derailing this thread, and we can do so by leaving things alone and not getting butthurt because our opinion isn't shoved down the other person's throat successfully.
I'll agree with not derailing, but you're doing a terrible job of being civil.
#113  March 16, 2013, 07:02:53 am
  • Take better care of the plants around u or become
  • the fertilizer that feeds them.The choice is yours
    • Chile
    • network.mugenguild.com/basara/

Rest in peace, Toriyama-san...
Normal WIPS - ClayFighter - Ideas - Anti-Gouki Project - Lifebars - Facebook - X
#114  March 16, 2013, 11:02:11 am
  • Double-Crosser
    • USA
Looks too amateur to be the real poster
#115  March 16, 2013, 07:37:46 pm
    • Peru
sometimes I find that funny, sometimes I don't.
Hey, you started all of this with your Nostalgia Critic video about my post. And I wasn't joking about it. Also, she never deconfirms her appearance, just said about there's no official confirmation...
There are two things you're not seeing here, though. One of them is I was staying on topic while posting it. The second one is it was "not funny" how Fisher's representative said she was only joking when she said she'd be back. I never meant to imply you were joking about anything.

And yeah, I don't know about those news, they seem a little out of nowhere. I figure they're just gonna dicktease us for a while, even if they have the answers.
#116  March 24, 2013, 05:04:38 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://io9.com/noooooooo-lucasfilm-is-canceling-clone-wars-without-re-458554352

When Lucasfilm Animation announced earlier this month that it would be wrapping up Star Wars: The Clone Wars, the news was bittersweet. We've enjoyed the animated series, but it's had a good run, and we were anxious to learn what becomes of the characters in the wake of the emotional season finale. But now TheForce.net is reporting that the studio will release just two more arcs of the series, and neither will provide "clear resolutions" for Ahsoka Tano.

TheForce.net has reported that, as part of the Lucasfilm reorganization for Episode VII and other upcoming projects, the Clone Wars team has been disbanded, meaning that instead of a full Season Six, we'll be seeing what's being called "bonus content." And, according to TheForce.net's sources, that content won't answer our questions about the fates of Ahsoka and Asajj Ventress. Today, it reports that Lucasfilm will release just two of the planned Season Six arcs.

Allow me to respond with this: Argh.

Although Clone Wars has pulled in dozens of characters from various tribes of the Star Wars universe, its overarching story has been about the changing relationship between Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan, Ahsoka Tano. For five seasons, we've wondered just what becomes of Ahsoka. Will she die before the events of Revenge of the Sith? Will her fate contribute to Anakin's ultimate downfall? The Fifth Season finale made these questions all the more compelling, and renewed our interest in renegade Sith Ventress. Without answers about these characters in this relationship, it feels like Clone Wars is, through no fault of its team, reneging on the promises it has made over the years. Why is Lucasfilm shortchanging its loyal fans—especially its youngest fans—as part of an internal reorganization?

A growing groups of fans are hoping to convince Disney and Lucasfilm to reconsider the series' abrupt truncation through the website Save The Clone Wars and the hashtag #SaveTheCloneWars. Hopefully, Lucasfilm will ultimately decide to give the series a complete and satisfying ending.
#117  September 14, 2013, 04:46:32 am
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman

#118  September 14, 2013, 04:54:05 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
So much for the already established universe.
#119  September 14, 2013, 05:07:54 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
#120  September 14, 2013, 06:04:58 am
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
The only origin story that is acceptable is Jango Fett and it should only be him murdering everything and being a Mandalorian jackass.

And yes, Jango Fett, not Boba. he has a horrible backstory, Clone Wars and Episode 2 shows it clear.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659