YesNoOk

Extra gameplay features (Suggestions wanted) (Read 131447 times)

Started by Neocide, March 27, 2013, 08:00:03 am
Share this topic:
Extra gameplay features (Suggestions wanted)
#1  March 27, 2013, 08:00:03 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I'm tying to think of some features to add or advance on that will work specifically in the game itself. As of now I'm going to add

Beam struggle - a simplistic beam struggle where if one person decides to do their level 1 super beam the opponent will be given  certain opening to counterattack with one of their own. For instance use, A+X (with 1000 power) to fire one themselves. while tapping any button to push the beam, reaching a certain point where it hits the opponent, sorta like a reverse tug of war.

Dash struggle would work the same way the Z2 characters do theirs - dash at the opponent, interlock, tap buttons winner does a move to the opponent.

Fly mode MIGHT be a game only feature, but the flight I have that will be tweaked a bit more has a height limit atm so even players who can't fly can hit them by just jumping.

Ki deflection - basically knock away ki shot attacks, thinking of two levels of it, the main one would deflect ki shots, (costing the same amount of power it cost to fire a ki shot) the second would deflect a level one beam, it won't cost as much as a level 1 super, but it will take a little bit of health away from the player.

Pursuit Counter - During pursuits, when you are on the end of one, you'll be given a window to counter and break the pursuit with a simple command that will cost as much power as it cost to do an actual pursuit attack.

That's all I have right now, the mode I am surely not adding is flash battle, I can't find a good use for it,because it just waste time in general. Also Ki reflection I don't see a reason for.

half of these can be made outside the game, so I'm looking for some ideas for game specific stuff, also thinking of a way of maybe expanding the pursuit attacks in general.

I'm up to any ideas though, keep in mind I want to keep them sort of quick and not too overly complex.Also no  max mode things I'm not a fan of those.

Re: Extra gameplay features (Suggestions wanted)
#2  March 27, 2013, 03:03:31 pm
    • youtube.com/user/SeiferFirehart
Nice, I thought of some of it for myself but my motivation sucks so... I can say a bit of my ideas i had. Sidecreen cutscenes for attacks like Big Bang, Final Flash for example, 1/4 of screen size cutscene popping out at the side of the screen and when the move kills the opponent, it continues for a full screen as a win pose. Apart from Ki deflection, dodging melee moves (+counters) that you could see a bit already. As the flying mode i can only imagine that pressing key facing the opponent will make char to move straight to him while others will move in normal directions.
#3  March 27, 2013, 03:26:13 pm
  • Limited time to use Infinite power !
    • France
    • network.mugenguild.com/cybaster/
An idea we had for Z2 chars, but which we never implemented was Ki Collision.
Basically, when two Ki attacks (ki shots, Kamehameha Lv1 in Z2 chars) collided, they'd create an explosion at the place where they collided. You'd then smash buttons to throw many ki blasts into the explosion and make it move towards the opponent, until it explodes. You could also stop smashing buttons to try to go to P2, in which case P2's Ki Blasts would go through the explosion and could possibly hit you.
This was to mimic the ki shot fights in DBZ anime.

Not a gameplay feature, but I'd love to see animated lifebar portraits, where fighters change their face when they're idle / get hit /attack /close to death.

Any idea for interactive stages ? Something where you could break rocks or something (not necessarily changing gameplay, but just for visuals), or maybe the training room slowing down the game more and more to simulate gravity, or something like that.
There could be an infinite stage in the nature.
#4  March 27, 2013, 04:08:22 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea I planned on interactive stage stuff at some point (breaking rocks, cracking the ground etc). the slow down thing pextin did ages ago in his vegeta training stage. That might be something I bring back in when I start creating stages. The animated lifebar portraits, Iced mentioned that before when we were coming up with lifebar concepts.

the ki collision sounds interesting, I'll have to run it through cyanide to see what he thinks, most of this extra game feature stuff I'm gonna have him code in a separate cns itself.

#5  March 27, 2013, 07:47:59 pm
Stage Knock (Knock to another stage)
- İt would be awesome to knock the opponent from a stage to another stage just like in Hyper Dimension.

Tap for Battle
- İf you press the same button like opponent, both will start to clash. The one who presses the most wins and hits opponent. Something similiar was done for the Budokai games.

Usefull items
- Like Budokai series again but different. Remember when it allowed you to press buttons to do fusions and perform super moves. What you can do is that when you press the buttons correctly (it was X, Y etc in the games) you can make an item drop to ground such as senzu beans and dragonballs wich adds 1/3 in your special bar. İf you press one button wrong, you can make items drop again but this time your power and special stock gives a little amount away. Even better, don't let items drop if the pressing a button goes wrong. None game has this yet.

Tournament Mode
- This is like most Dragonball Z games. Character faces are set in random matches and you fight with your character in the Budokai Tenkaichi (World Martial Arts) When you win the tournament, you can get a special ending. You can also make a Cell Games Tournament like this.
#6  March 28, 2013, 12:01:17 am
you could also make the fighter crash into a mountain or a building after he gets punched or kicked from hes opponent like in dbz supersonic warriors 1, also there are some beautiful stages in dbz shinbutouden you should use them to edit your own stages.
#7  March 28, 2013, 09:41:14 pm
KOF/Budokai dodging/evasion?

Parry?

I couldn't think of anything :\
#8  March 28, 2013, 09:42:36 pm
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
I already have KOF's evade.
#9  March 29, 2013, 12:45:38 am
if all basic attacks had parry,
wouldn't it make it look like those flash battles without actually adding some stupid flash battle thing to it? :p

I could imagine players trying to fight eachother up close, parrying each others attacks by standard punches and kicks like in the series.
Or at least the fast onces.
#10  March 29, 2013, 01:50:02 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
yea it'd be more of a manual flash battle setup
#11  March 29, 2013, 05:43:32 pm
It's what I had in mind, dunno if it's going to work.
And it might be annoying if you got AI perfectly parrying/countering each of your moves :p
#12  April 05, 2013, 01:09:08 am
you coul try to make a mode where the player can just battle against fighters from an specific level or a specific saga like in Z - BATTLE from ssw gba , so this mean if you choose the 1 level you can only fight against the fighters of their first appearance like goku in hes normal mode or vegeta, level 2 goku ssj,vegeta ssj, teen gohan ssj,
level 3 goku ssj3, majin vegeta, mystic gohan .etc
#13  April 05, 2013, 01:49:01 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
C C C COMBO BREAKER!

#14  April 05, 2013, 06:04:44 pm
Ki Barrier (like in Shin Budokai 1 and 2).
#15  April 06, 2013, 12:27:04 am
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Will there be a way to select
you coul try to make a mode where the player can just battle against fighters from an specific level or a specific saga like in Z - BATTLE from ssw gba , so this mean if you choose the 1 level you can only fight against the fighters of their first appearance like goku in hes normal mode or vegeta, level 2 goku ssj,vegeta ssj, teen gohan ssj,
level 3 goku ssj3, majin vegeta, mystic gohan .etc

Yeah I think being able to select goku's/vegeta's base forms in VS modes would be cool. Could be selected by like holding enter when picking SSJ Goku/Vegeta.
#16  April 06, 2013, 12:52:18 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon
Whats the point of having a Goku and Vegeta Normal ? They barely have anything that is worth of them being made.

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States
#17  April 07, 2013, 01:44:26 pm
  • I stand alone.
    • UK
    • hyperionx.net
Dragon Rush!!! :XD:
Don't PM me. =(
(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

(⌐■_■)
#18  April 07, 2013, 06:05:46 pm
    • USA
    • yohasakura4@sbcglobal.net
Kaio-ken for goku I dunno about vegeta really though.
#19  April 08, 2013, 01:34:52 am
    • Poland
Whats the point of having a Goku and Vegeta Normal ? They barely have anything that is worth of them being made.

I have to agree. it would be so much cooler to have Goku SSJ with SSJ3 mode and Vegeta SSJ with USSJ mode instead Normal versions with SSJ Transformations....

But since you don't want to have anything from Buu Saga then I guess it's not gonna happen sadly...
"If our lives are indeed the sum total of the choices we've made, then we cannot change who we are. But with every new choice we're given, we can change who we're going to be." The Outer Limits S04E04

"If knowledge is power and power corrupts... how will human kind ever survive?" The Outer Limits S04E16
#20  April 08, 2013, 01:44:39 am
    • France
    • Skype - elevesimon

"During a time of struggle, K-ON's beautiful story provided the influence needed for me to become an ideal president. I am now a better man."
— Barack Obama, 44th president of the United States