YesNoOk

Random Topic V8 (Read 838400 times)

Started by c001357, March 07, 2013, 04:28:17 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Random Topic V8
#501  April 06, 2013, 01:51:14 am
[there's no non-religious argument anywhere]
Yyyyeah many of the arguments in discussions on this side of the Atlantic have nothing to do with religion.
Example 1 : homosexual couples gaining access to child adoption, care, support, and other similar rights will mean there's less money and such to be used to help heterosexual couples.
Example 2 : legal papers won't be allowed to write "father" and "mother" but "parent A" and "parent B" which lessens the value and validity of heterosexual couples (it's a men-wounded-in-their-male-pride kind of thing, like "the normal way is being denied its existence").
Of course those are bullshit arguments, but they're non-religious, and they're the kind of stuff people have against gay marriage over here (I've heard two co-workers say those examples out loud).
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#502  April 06, 2013, 02:11:46 am
  • Proper order of things is often a mystery to me
    • USA

Needs more Spaceman Spiff.
#503  April 07, 2013, 12:29:53 pm
  • Double-Crosser
  • I'm not standing out. This isn't weird at all.
    • USA
So me and Jesuszilla were competitively playing Katawa Shoujo against each other last night, and while Jesuszilla ragequitted because he got Lilly's (the blind girl) bad ending, I got Shizune's (the deaf/mute girl) good ending. And it surprised me. I mainly picked her for the shallow reason that she looked the most normal of all the girls, but then she was a total bitch to everyone and I was like "fuck I picked the wrong girl," and then as I progressed, her character seemed to be a lot more complex than I initially took it, and everything made alot more sense and her character development was so much better.

I looked up how the bad ending goes (apparently I just have to change one thing in my route progression), and I almost don't have the heart to do it (even though I saved at just the point to get it).

So does anyone have any good visual novel recommendations?!

Spoiler: stuff I already read (click to see content)
#504  April 07, 2013, 04:53:28 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Chaos Head
Steins Gate
Tsukihime(Melty Blood prequel)
Heartache 101 was really good too

Edit:I just got the Kenji ending in Katawa Shoujo,in which he tries to kiss you and you fall from the roof and die.WTF?
Im currently on the Rin route.....That should be interesting
Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 05:05:42 pm by Erroratu
#505  April 07, 2013, 06:37:47 pm
  • ロッキングガール
  • 「目指すはクールでロックなアイドル!」
    • twitter.com/c001357
SOUNDS LIKE MY CUE

Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 06:41:53 pm by c001357
#506  April 07, 2013, 06:42:42 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
Also someone told me Ever17 and Fate/Stay Night are really good,but i did not try em out,so no guarantees
#507  April 07, 2013, 07:05:46 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
the only one I have played is umineko, I nwoudl also reccomend muvluv but for those two you have toget through a lot of shit to get to the good parts.
#508  April 07, 2013, 07:18:35 pm
good to see you guys still dating girls.... oh no wait.
#509  April 08, 2013, 03:58:45 am
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
3DPDG

well, the only non-type-moon vn's i've played are kirakira and my girlfriend is the president. i've nevr finished neither one but not because they were bad but becasue of my inability to stay focused on something

kira kira is good for what i played the story was good and i really liked the characters interactions (also, DAT MUSIC). plus the mc is not a complete beta-one-dimensaional-sock-puppet for people to self insert themselves in the story, for starters he already has a girlfriend at the beginning of the game... and the first thing you see is that he gets dumped (but it was because he gave zero fucks about her). and be prepared for long-ass explanations about punk culture but by the time you reach the end you'll be ready to be a:
Spoiler: PUNK ROCKER! (click to see content)

as for my girlfriend is the presindent, well is moslty comedy and you can pretty much understand what it's about by watching the official trailer

yes, the japanese trailer is in english!
Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 04:10:26 am by Bastard Wolf
#510  April 08, 2013, 01:54:02 pm
  • ↑←↑
  • Dream-Colored Chaser
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
I got one for JZ
Its called Lets Meow Meow

GOH

#511  April 08, 2013, 03:02:34 pm
  • Pure radge
    • Portugal

Autism overdrive
#512  April 08, 2013, 05:05:47 pm
  • Does this look like the face of mercy?
... wow

was i the only one expecting for something to happen like him running out of pokeballs, his SP dying on him or his save file getting corrupted?
#513  April 08, 2013, 11:09:06 pm
  • (´ー`)ノ
YEAAAAAAAAAAH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH YEEEEEEEAAAAAAH YEAAAHAHAHAA

I've never found a shiny pokemon in my life
#514  April 08, 2013, 11:44:44 pm
    • Philippines
    • https://web.archive.org/web/20181226221429/http://moogen.piiym.net/
I don't even know the last time I saw a shiny Pokemon. I can vaguely remember seeing one in GSC way back in high school in the early 2000s but I'm pretty sure I encountered at least one in RSE.

I haven't encountered even one single shiny in DPPt and BWB2W2. Despite how they're supposed to be easier to get nowadays.
#515  April 08, 2013, 11:55:46 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I've only seen a legit shiny pokemon once, it was a Golem on Emerald's Battle Frontier.

The whole shiny thing sounds like a massive waste of time (even with rng abuse) for a rather shitty effect.
#516  April 09, 2013, 12:01:29 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Sometimes it's nice, like a black charizard, other times it's pretty fucking stupid as the colors are barely noticeable, like Garchomp.
#517  April 09, 2013, 12:03:03 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
The thing is, what does it really accomplish to have a differently colored sprite?
#518  April 09, 2013, 12:05:43 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
Bragging rights
#519  April 09, 2013, 12:09:14 am
  • Holy BRAP
    • UK
I'll just load up my Action Replay with "Shiny Pokemon every encounter" and make a video saying I encountered 60,316 Wild Pokemon before I found a Shiny Onix.
Even then, I should upload it to the GTS and ask for a Level 1 Rashiram!

But realistically, my Brother recently found a Shiny Geodude and didn't give a shit.
#520  April 09, 2013, 12:09:58 am
  • (´ー`)ノ
I wish to one day find a shiny zubat