YesNoOk

AI Patch for Kohaku's Melty Blood Chars by Jadeeye (Read 17427 times)

Started by Jadeeye, April 13, 2013, 01:22:30 pm
Share this topic:
AI Patch for Kohaku's Melty Blood Chars by Jadeeye
#1  April 13, 2013, 01:22:30 pm
  • KATO KATO KATO KATO KATOOOOOOOOO......!!!!
Hi guys,

I have made A.I for these Dr.Kohaku's Melty Blood Chars.

Kohaku:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?pdvz2jpxr12nboo

Nanaya:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?e9c30u17nu8t15h

Ryougi:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?uz3ew53qp6blr7z

Vermillion Akiha:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wj9qcb2s618a82o

White Len:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?ssd3p8a0g7zse7m

Get Dr.Kohaku's MB Chars here: http://kohaku.mugen-infantry.net/type-mugen-1-0/characters

Comment:
- Nanaya and Ryougi attack very hard and quickly.
- Kohaku, Akiha and Len attack slowly with their damage spells.

----------------------------------
Enjoy!
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:07:21 pm by Jadeeye
Re: AI Patch for Kohaku's Melty Blood Chars by Jadeeye
#2  April 13, 2013, 03:34:04 pm
Thanks for the AI.

Why not use Mediafire, 2shared or sendspace for the download ?
4shared you got to register and it has waiting time before you download.
闇に消える
#3  April 13, 2013, 04:04:19 pm
Updated to Mediafire.
#4  April 13, 2013, 04:12:51 pm
  • Know your place Imbecile
    • Philippines
#5  April 13, 2013, 05:01:49 pm
  • Pochi te ne...
Thanks for these AI patches.
It's great that you didn't alter any cns files like most patchers do.
#6  April 13, 2013, 05:45:51 pm
ho ho ho i been waiting for this btw any chance the update your ai patch of divinewolf's char since they got updated few days ago
I have bring all of my patch to Mediafire.
I don't like use Mediafire because sometime they lost a files that I uploaded.
Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 05:49:14 pm by Jadeeye
#7  April 13, 2013, 07:26:55 pm
    • USA
ho ho ho i been waiting for this btw any chance the update your ai patch of divinewolf's char since they got updated few days ago
I have bring all of my patch to Mediafire.
I don't like use Mediafire because sometime they lost a files that I uploaded.
You could try DropBox instead.

MediaFire's been... Going KINDA crazy deleting things, because they "infringe copyrights". Even if they have NO way to actually tell...

Trust me, it's a common problem on Kitty Corp (a Brawl modding website, despite the name). People keep having their mods deleted... So, I've been steadily moving my stuff to it... Only problem is, it can only hold 2 Gigs. But since you mainly do AI Patches, this shouldn't be an issue. Since those are pretty small file sizes.

Anyway, I'll have to try these later... I just hope they aren't harder then your Sagat... I made him a Sub Boss because of how tough his patch made him. Hopefully they're on par with Raaja's, or P.O.T.S' AIs.

#8  April 14, 2013, 03:40:22 am
Thanks Drain, I will consider another File Sharing place in the future.
New #9  April 15, 2013, 08:47:31 am
    • USA
Hm, just tried these out... Pretty nice patches, I gotta say.

They put up a nice fight in AI VS AI mode against Raaja's characters. Heck, Len and White Len Double KOed each other.
XD

But yeah, I like that they have just enough AI power to put up a good fight. But not enough to come off as cheating. So they aren't as annoying to face as Sagat. (Not that his AI is a bad thing, he makes a great Sub Boss.) So in my CvSish roster, I can keep them as order 2 characters.
#10  April 15, 2013, 05:18:09 pm
    • Philippines
meh i can beat sagat easily with kohaku by 9
#11  April 15, 2013, 05:31:07 pm
Kohaku is easy to use with her special. You can restrain Sagat easily with Kohaku's long range Kanata and a plants. I think I will implement Roll move for him to counter a chars like Warachia, Nero,......
Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:48:42 pm by Jadeeye
#12  April 15, 2013, 05:52:18 pm
    • Philippines

i predict his tiger uppercut everytime

since i used  C-moon  style (most i counter that move with molotov)
New #13  April 15, 2013, 06:23:38 pm
    • USA
meh i can beat sagat easily with kohaku by 9
Well...

To be fair. I'm not the best at Mugen.

He doesn't use Tiger Uppercut that often on me... Plus... I'm saying he's hard to beat in comparison to all the other AI on this one roster I have him in. Which is a mostly CvSish roster.

Anyway though. Moving on. One problem I AM noticing is... Nanaya uses his rapid slice too much. He's kinda predictable. And... He has a bad habit of running head first into Sagat's Tiger Shots.

#14  April 15, 2013, 06:57:54 pm
  • The Only Easy Day was Yesterday
    • USA
    • www.facebook.com/truemicah
Nice release Jadeye. :)
IMO, the AI is very basic, lacking defense, basic strategies and many features that Kohaku's characters have.
They run into dangerous situations regardless of risk which is actually, hilarious to me. ;P

As of now, the AI is easy to defeat and I believe they can be much smarter than they are now.
#15  April 16, 2013, 04:06:08 am

i predict his tiger uppercut everytime

since i used  C-moon  style (most i counter that move with molotov)
He use Tiger Uppercut not really smart, he just do randomly when his opponent in the air. If he do when his opponent is on attacking, it would be better but I don't tweak that, it will make too much difficulties.
Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 04:10:14 am by Jadeeye
#16  April 16, 2013, 12:01:28 pm
    • USA
Nice release Jadeye. :)
IMO, the AI is very basic, lacking defense, basic strategies and many features that Kohaku's characters have.
They run into dangerous situations regardless of risk which is actually, hilarious to me. ;P

As of now, the AI is easy to defeat and I believe they can be much smarter than they are now.
Hm. Yeah, I agree with this.

I think the reason I figured they were tougher at first, is because they were fighting other AI, and holding their own very well...

But, I think I know why now... They use tactics that work well on AI, but not on humans...

Now, granted, I don't want them to go to tourny player levels of gameplay. But I do agree they should use more of their system traits to their advantage.

I don't think I've seen them use Awakening Mode once... Which as I recall, boosts their damage output.

Jade, perhaps you could ask around for playing tips as these characters? Like gather data on BNB combos, and the mind set you should have when using them. I do know some are very different mindset wise then their Melty Blood counterparts. Like White Len. She has no air projectiles like the MB:AACC version.

Moving on more to how the AI acts, Nanaya shouldn't abuse his EX Rapid Slash move. This wastes meter. He should have more meter management when fighting, saving EXes for proper moments. And using supers accordingly. Nothing TOO state read heavy, but something like if you wiff an attack, he punishes it as much as he can with his current meter.

With all this said, these have potential. Just keep at it, and they will be well rounded patches. I wish you luck in future updates.

EDIT:

I feel like a MORON for not catching this major bug sooner...

White Len is missing her crouching C move... You need to look into this as soon as possible. And make sure no other moves are missing from other characters.

#17  April 16, 2013, 05:35:54 pm
I agree with you. Their tactics not good on human because it's easy to predict and they abuse too much Ex Move.

But I make their A.I according Team Battle. You can try Kohaku, Akiha, Nanaya,.... in Team Mode and they will create a pressure on an opponent team.

Anyway, I think I will tweak their A.I in the future.

About White Len, I don't understand what you mean. She still do her Crouching Move like Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Strong Kick,.......
#18  April 16, 2013, 05:53:47 pm
    • USA
I agree with you. Their tactics not good on human because it's easy to predict and they abuse too much Ex Move.

But I make their A.I according Team Battle. You can try Kohaku, Akiha, Nanaya,.... in Team Mode and they will create a pressure on an opponent team.

Anyway, I think I will tweak their A.I in the future.

About White Len, I don't understand what you mean. She still do her Crouching Move like Crouching Light Kick, Crouching Strong Kick,.......
Ah... I see. So you don't intend on them being real super difficult. Understandable. Since these aren't boss types. Or even sub boss types. (Well, White Len was formerly a sub boss. But one game after became a fully playable character.)

But anyway...

Look in the Readme file for White Len. She has a crouching heavy kick move called "Cat Tackle"... With the patch on, she can not do this move when a player uses her...

I'm not sure why though, for a makeshift fix. I just copied all the Heavy Crouching Kick data from the unaltered CMD file, and put it in the AI patch's file. It seems to be working... Though I don't know if the AI will use it right though...