YesNoOk

Sage's Sprites and Animations (Read 160814 times)

Started by TempestSageJDJ, December 12, 2012, 04:02:11 am
Sage's Sprites and Animations
#1  December 12, 2012, 04:02:11 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 08:50:51 pm by SageHarpuiaJDJ
Re: Sage's Sprites and Animations
#2  December 14, 2012, 08:56:43 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I need serious help:

Spoiler: spoliered for huge size (click to see content)

I want to fix the circled hand in this sprite, but I suck at spriting hands. I want  to show index finger, the middle finger, and the thumb. Any tips on how I can fix it?
#3  December 14, 2012, 09:10:25 pm
  • Fuck you.
    • Philippines
    • Skype - Markpachi
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/-opensource-mps-psds-stages-and-resources-please-put-them-good-use-172321.0.html
Resize the sprite to Hi-res size, edit it from there.

Rest in peace, Tamez. Thank you for everything.
#4  December 14, 2012, 09:49:38 pm
It's difficult to show every details in that resolution, you'll lose some of them.

I made four attempts at making the hand. I think the fourth is good. Feel free to use it.
In that resolution you will see only the thumb and the index finger. Remember that the thumb (like it is in real life) isn't that long. It's short, while the index is longer than the thumb. It can sound like I'm saying already known things, but to sprite you should have a real reference.
#5  December 14, 2012, 10:05:29 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
It's difficult to show every details in that resolution, you'll lose some of them.

I made four attempts at making the hand. I think the fourth is good. Feel free to use it.
In that resolution you will see only the thumb and the index finger. Remember that the thumb (like it is in real life) isn't that long. It's short, while the index is longer than the thumb. It can sound like I'm saying already known things, but to sprite you should have a real reference.

Thanks, man. I'm trying to sprite by memory and sometimes I look at my own hands. Your tips are also very helpful. I really appreciate  your help.
#6  December 23, 2012, 11:58:16 am
Just for fun I shaded it for you:

Not indexed.
#7  December 23, 2012, 04:22:55 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Just for fun I shaded it for you:

Not indexed.

Dude. You don't know how much I want to hug you now. Thanks to this, I now have a good Idea on how to shade, since I never could get it right in custom style. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.
#8  December 23, 2012, 07:25:14 pm
Hahah :)
There could be some mistakes in the folds form and in the shading, so just be careful.
The light is from straight above.
#9  December 25, 2012, 06:00:52 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
WIP. I just need an opinion on the head. If you have any other opinions, I don't mind you saying them.
#10  December 25, 2012, 10:38:40 am
I think it looks good.
#11  February 06, 2013, 02:45:24 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA

A wip Idle. The character will close his right hand in the forth frame. How's it looking so far? :)
#12  February 06, 2013, 02:49:37 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
His upper body could use more motion. Maybe moving his arms a little bit would help it look more fluid.
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#13  February 06, 2013, 02:55:23 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
His upper body could use more motion. Maybe moving his arms a little bit would help it look more fluid.

I was thinking that, aswell. I may make the right one move aswell since that's the one that he closes.
#14  February 20, 2013, 01:28:00 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
I haven't sprited anything for days now, so I'm taking requests to get some improvements. I'll mainly sprite in ZX style and large scale sprites, the reason for that is get into CvS style, so request any character and provide a pic if you can.
#15  February 22, 2013, 06:57:43 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
A request that I did another forum

Oil Man.exe. I think I did a good job on this, honestly. I didn't add a lot a detail to the arm cannon because I think that looks fine that way. For a better understanding of how I sprite, I made a gif of my process:

The last frame has a question mark because I still haven't figured out shading yet, and I don't want to mess up the sprite. How'd I do? :)

Posted: February 26, 2013, 03:25:35 pm

Another Request for a friend at another forum. It's his OC, Rhythm. Reference that I used:

And once again, a gif of the process:

I think the thing with my Issues on shading is that I can't a good light source and I randomize pixels like crazy. I'll try to shade my next request. Hopefully it won't look bad.

Posted: February 26, 2013, 08:59:20 pm

Shantae in ZX style. I think that I'm stating to get used to drawing in this style. I also think that I'm getting better. I said I was going to shade the next request that I do, but I decided to work on the body of the sprite first.

So, comments?
#16  March 10, 2013, 01:20:42 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
Just in case no one visits my game topic:

#17  March 17, 2013, 06:02:54 pm
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
#18  March 17, 2013, 08:41:50 pm
  • Shit
    • vadapega.akawah.net/motorroach/
Your sprites are quite decent, though you really need to work on the choice of colors and the contrast. Instead of yellow like that, change it slightly more to an orange so the shading can look aesthetically better, and give the sprites higher contrast on the colors.

Shit
#19  March 18, 2013, 02:55:02 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA
#20  April 14, 2013, 12:09:56 am
  • Striving to improve!
    • USA