YesNoOk

Fighting Game Character Designs (Read 11552 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, April 14, 2013, 02:39:38 pm
Share this topic:
Fighting Game Character Designs
#1  April 14, 2013, 02:39:38 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
In another thread, someone called Ash from KOF one of the worst five designed fighting game characters ever. This brought me to the question..who would the other 4 be..and what makes Ash so bad?

Thought a thread where you list your 1-3 most liked and least liked fighting game characters due to their designs and also describe why they are great or bad designs in your opinion.

Please don't just list names.

Personally i wouldn't count Ash to the worst character designs ever after thinking about it for more than a second..i think his flamboyant character and look made him somewhat similar to those wrestlers who play the arrogant/evil/asshole guys also known as heels. But a heel is worth nothing if he is boring and won't get any "reaction" by the fans, be it the live audience or the folks sitting at home on their couch ..

Ash Crimson however got countless discussions dedicated to him and how his look sucks, how gay it looks etc. In other words, he got popular through being a design many people disliked, the character sparked "heat" and that was better than another Kyo, K' or Ryu type character for KOF in the long run i believe. I must admit i played mostly with the oldschool Fatal Fury characters in all KOF games anyway and never got into Kyo, Iori etc.

Re: Fighting Game Character Designs
#2  April 14, 2013, 02:47:00 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
I think all the talk about Ash being a terrible design really just comes from peoples dislike against the character and "prettyboy" characters in general.

Ash is a good design IMO. Simple, clean, fitting of his personality and fairly distinctive.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#3  April 14, 2013, 03:15:54 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
Worst? there's way too many to mention but amongst them are: Most of the new characters from MK 5-7 (Kenshi, Nitara and Frost are alright though) ESPECIALLY Hsu Hao, Jin Fuha, Rufus, Momoko, Malin, Lien Neville, Nagase, Jivatma, Ninon and Mignon, Taokaka, Litchi, and I could go on and on..
#4  April 14, 2013, 03:29:04 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I never liked Ash either, mostly becuase I wasn't raised in Japan and the whole 'overly flamboyant men are awesome' concept is kinda hard to swallow, but I wouldn't put him anywhere close to the worst 5 characters.

The only characters I find truly awful and irrationally hate-able are Alisa, Choi, Chang, Crimson Viper and Kang (ROTD).
#5  April 14, 2013, 03:31:27 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
Worst? there's way too many to mention but amongst them are: Most of the new characters from MK 5-7 (Kenshi, Nitara and Frost are alright though) ESPECIALLY Hsu Hao, Jin Fuha, Rufus, Momoko, Malin, Lien Neville, Nagase, Jivatma, Ninon and Mignon, Taokaka, Litchi, and I could go on and on..

Why Taokaka and Litchi? Those two seem to be fan favourite BlazBlue characters in general
#6  April 14, 2013, 03:33:14 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
#7  April 14, 2013, 03:33:54 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
english taokaka has a voice byte of her saying 'don't want'

for fuck's sake
#8  April 14, 2013, 03:41:02 pm
  • Dead and buried.
    • Finland
Yeah, Blazblue designs are pretty damn bad.
"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

"Okay, okay. So you put a Nazi on the Moon. Fuck you, Moon."
#9  April 14, 2013, 03:59:51 pm
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Shion from KOF. I used to think Shion was the sexiest little asian girl in KOF until i found out it was a dude."WTF SNK, WTF".
Not counting Tao and Litchi.
#10  April 14, 2013, 04:23:14 pm
  • ゴゴゴゴゴ
That's your fault for being a pervert who masturbates to pixels.

Yeah, Blazblue designs are pretty damn bad.
I don't know, Hakumen is a pretty cool design, the rest are pretty average (Not bad but not fantastic)
#11  April 14, 2013, 04:29:23 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#12  April 14, 2013, 04:40:21 pm
    • USA
    • xjiggler@yahoo.com
#13  April 14, 2013, 04:50:16 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
he looks fitting in a game that took so much inspiration out of fists of the north star.
#14  April 14, 2013, 04:52:11 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
#15  April 14, 2013, 04:52:28 pm
  • i'm a gay trans lady
  • to hell with this site, find me at mffa or w/e
    • USA
    • Skype - MelvanaInChains
    • www.melv.thedailypos.org/
yeah i don't see what's really wrong with him to the point where you're like 'OH GOD GLAD HE'S GONE CHRIST'

maybe he's TOO interesting for street fighter lol

and he does remind me a bit of the harn brothers, speaking of hnk

edit: which in turn are pretty much those guys
#16  April 14, 2013, 05:41:26 pm
I never liked Ash either, mostly becuase I wasn't raised in Japan and the whole 'overly flamboyant men are awesome' concept is kinda hard to swallow
You realize he's hated over there too, why do you think he got erased from existence
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#17  April 14, 2013, 06:29:52 pm
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Story reasons maybe.

too me, Lars' goony ass Super Saiyan haircut and overblown lion motif, that fucking near-tranny Amane, Stryker's dumb spandex SWAT bodysuit in MK Armageddon, Cheng Sinzan, Bao, Mignon who WON'T FUCKING SHUT UP and I just don't like that Marionette thing from Vampire Savior.

I liked Necro from SF3 though.
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#18  April 14, 2013, 06:31:42 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
I liked Necro too, but always thought he and Twelve as well as Q would more fit into a Darkstalkers game.
#19  April 14, 2013, 06:31:55 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
#20  April 14, 2013, 06:33:20 pm
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:18:00 am by C.A.N