YesNoOk

Pokémon (Read 47789 times)

Started by The 100 Mega Shock!, April 20, 2013, 03:42:39 pm
Share this topic:
Pokémon
New #1  April 20, 2013, 03:42:39 pm
  • MAX 330 MEGA PRO-GEAR SPEC
    • UK
Zangoose is now released, please see this topic and stay tuned for further updates.

Video:

A big load of GIFs:
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Download [zip]
Download [7z]

Also:

Mewtwo: (Early Pre-production; more in the future (and something special))

Lopunny:
Lots of code changes and new special moves to come since this video

Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:39:57 am by The 100 Mega Shock!
Re: Pokémon: Z (and more)
#2  April 20, 2013, 04:22:41 pm
  • Pixel Pusher
    • artchell.deviantart.com/
This looks really good! do you make the 3d models yourself?
#3  April 20, 2013, 04:28:19 pm
    • UK
Zangoose yes, Lopunny is modified from an official model; I started doing it as a much easier side project to take a break from creating an entire model from scratch.
#4  April 20, 2013, 04:52:17 pm
  • Pixel Pusher
Cool, what software do you use? And what is your process on rendering? How much cleaning up is needed? i really like how these look
#5  April 20, 2013, 05:14:30 pm
  • The Modern Mystical Ninja
  • Goemon's Descendant
    • Chile
    • Skype - ardilla_shc
    • sites.google.com/view/ganbarelucifermugensite/
Ouuuhhh...

1.0 only...

YOU CAN'T THINK ON WINMUGEN FRIENDS?!?!

good progress through... i wanted allways a Lopunny for MUGEN...

PS: Add a hat on Zangoose and we got Guitar!
"Heroes are not applied on good people with powers, they apply on cops, firefighters, medics." ~Lucifer

#6  April 20, 2013, 06:24:24 pm
  • NINJA COP SAIZOU
    • Mexico
Wow! very nice models! no wonder your Mewtwo is great.
#7  April 20, 2013, 06:32:23 pm
    • UK
Cool, what software do you use? And what is your process on rendering? How much cleaning up is needed? i really like how these look

Colour bleeding is actually quite minimal- everything here is straight from the renderer (3DS Max) and batch indexed in Photoshop.

Checking over with all the colours on the palette flattened out, there are occasional speckles and messy pixels between colours on Lopunny, but that appears to be a mistake in the models textures that I just picked up on and shouldn't occur as much in the future.

Zangoose has a bit more bleeding around his claws and the outline of his eyes. This isn't very noticable because those colours are kept very dark in the real palettes to smooth out the black lines, but I'm working on a different attempt at smoothing the eyes out. The only thing that won't work on the render is very fine details on the mouth like teeth, I'll have to draw those in later.
#8  April 20, 2013, 07:30:49 pm
    • UK
    • madcabbaged@gmail.com
Damn these models look great! I'm normally not a fan of 3D models in 2D fighting games but the shading style here means it works well.
#9  April 20, 2013, 07:51:07 pm
  • play more SNK games
  • I FUCKING LOVE PLATINUM!
    • South Africa
    • www.trinitymugen.net/
Those look awesome! I look forward to those guys being released.
#10  April 21, 2013, 12:28:57 am
  • Hug Pikachus!
    • USA
Yeah, more Pokemon from you!

We need more original character for MUGEN, and you are doing a great job.

Looking forward to their releases!
Hug the Pikachus!

Hug A Pikachu Today!
#11  April 21, 2013, 07:48:24 am
  • Not for sale
Needs gen 1 Pokemon. That bunny creeps me the fuck out. Animations and models are beautiful, though.
#12  April 21, 2013, 08:03:31 am
Wow, they look amazing!
闇に消える
#13  April 21, 2013, 09:28:14 am
    • Thailand
Zangoose is my most preferred Pokemon, even though I stopped playing Pokemon (again). Are you going to give him a free combo type move and call it double team? What about detect? If the opponent tries to attack him, he summons a reversal box and speedily moves backward or behind the opponent, depending on his distance from the edge of the screen.

How about implementing a trainer system? During the beginning, each player chooses their trainer, and each trainer has a certain set of items that can be used during the match by pressing start and a directional button. They could be in the background with their heads following and pointing their arms and making long faces or falling to their knees when their Pokemon loses. The selection could be shown at the beginning of a match -- just have each player appear as a silhouette until they're chosen, and when they're chosen, have them throw out their Pokemon with Pokeballs. And if two people want the same trainer, just have two palettes for each trainer. Paradoxes happen all the time in fighting games anyway, so it wouldn't be tacky. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, once you get the movement of one trainers down, it'd be easy just to change the features to make them resemble other trainers? I was thinking maybe 5 different types of trainers to have 5 different sets of abilities. It'd be like choosing a "groove" before the match, but -- but -- better than a "groove."

Ash could have zero items, but, instead, allow his Pokemon to avoid a faint once because of his encouragement and also increase his Pokemon's critical hit ratio during the match. Gary could give his Pokemon X attack, X Speed, etc. Brock could give his Pokemon potions or berries, etc. And for the items to take effect, the player would throw it on the field and the Pokemon would have to grab the item up like a platform game. I think the effects of the items and trainers could balance things out.

It'd be cool if you had a full game in mind and gave each Pokemon their abilities (not that any character you created has a poison attack), but Lopunny has some more useful abilities.

Looking forward to Zangoose. My ideas are awesome! You should implement them for maximum enjoyability and innovation! No, really, they are super awesome and if you put in the work to do that stuff, you'd have a really nice Pokemon fighting game system on your hands.

I'd even help you out if you need help with anything (besides your awesome renders, of course).

I love you long time if you do them! :)
Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:38:33 am by Rajaa
#14  April 21, 2013, 11:19:27 am
  • Pixel Pusher
Thanks for the info, definitely following this.
#15  April 21, 2013, 07:50:47 pm
  • Oi, eu sou Goku!
    • Brazil
    • Skype - cardoso.ms
Man, this is really cool!
Your previous works (and Blaziken Mewtwo) are sensational. I'm waiting for these other two: D

Speaking of which, do you think some other Pokemon? I say this because I am a fan of Pokemons type fight and a game like MUGEN would be nice to have the Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop. Do you have plans to make any of them?

Sorry for the mistakes of English. I use Google Translate.

"A loser will beat a genius through hard work!"- Rock Lee
#16  April 21, 2013, 08:13:19 pm
  • 90's Kawaii
  • :thinking:
    • Guatemala
I like how swift and fluffy Loppuny's animations are (specially the ear movements). Which moves do you planto use?
#17  April 21, 2013, 10:41:16 pm
    • UK
    • madcabbaged@gmail.com
Zangoose should have crush claw which could work a bit like Iori's turning slash thing that he has in XII and XIII, quick attack as a dash forwards attack and maybe night slash as an upwards slashing anti air. Detect would also be cool as previously mentioned, it could work a bit like Juri's taunt escape move.

Lopunny could have dizzy punch as a rekka attack, bounce as an attack that would work a bit like Oro's hcf k or Bison's head press, jump kick which would work a bit like Takuma's jump kick thing or maybe even a Robert style dive kick, also maybe the elemental punches but I'm not sure how they could be implemented.
#18  April 22, 2013, 01:29:22 am
  • A living Mugen dinossaur :)
  • 23 years of Mugen O_o
    • Brazil
    • www.brazilmugenteam.com
really, really well done. The shading styel remembers me of KOFXIII.
The animations are very fluid.
#19  April 22, 2013, 03:31:10 am
    • UK
Zangoose is my most preferred Pokemon, even though I stopped playing Pokemon (again). Are you going to give him a free combo type move and call it double team? What about detect? If the opponent tries to attack him, he summons a reversal box and speedily moves backward or behind the opponent, depending on his distance from the edge of the screen.

How about implementing a trainer system? During the beginning, each player chooses their trainer, and each trainer has a certain set of items that can be used during the match by pressing start and a directional button. They could be in the background with their heads following and pointing their arms and making long faces or falling to their knees when their Pokemon loses. The selection could be shown at the beginning of a match -- just have each player appear as a silhouette until they're chosen, and when they're chosen, have them throw out their Pokemon with Pokeballs. And if two people want the same trainer, just have two palettes for each trainer. Paradoxes happen all the time in fighting games anyway, so it wouldn't be tacky. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, once you get the movement of one trainers down, it'd be easy just to change the features to make them resemble other trainers? I was thinking maybe 5 different types of trainers to have 5 different sets of abilities. It'd be like choosing a "groove" before the match, but -- but -- better than a "groove."

Ash could have zero items, but, instead, allow his Pokemon to avoid a faint once because of his encouragement and also increase his Pokemon's critical hit ratio during the match. Gary could give his Pokemon X attack, X Speed, etc. Brock could give his Pokemon potions or berries, etc. And for the items to take effect, the player would throw it on the field and the Pokemon would have to grab the item up like a platform game. I think the effects of the items and trainers could balance things out.

It'd be cool if you had a full game in mind and gave each Pokemon their abilities (not that any character you created has a poison attack), but Lopunny has some more useful abilities.

Looking forward to Zangoose. My ideas are awesome! You should implement them for maximum enjoyability and innovation! No, really, they are super awesome and if you put in the work to do that stuff, you'd have a really nice Pokemon fighting game system on your hands.

I'd even help you out if you need help with anything (besides your awesome renders, of course).

I love you long time if you do them! :)

That's an interesting idea. I hadn't really considered a trainer system; I was looking at more character-driven approach with special intros and pre-fight dialogue like KOF XIII. I'll have a think about some kind of groove/arcana system, though.

Man, this is really cool!
Your previous works (and Blaziken Mewtwo) are sensational. I'm waiting for these other two: D

Speaking of which, do you think some other Pokemon? I say this because I am a fan of Pokemons type fight and a game like MUGEN would be nice to have the Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee and Hitmontop. Do you have plans to make any of them?

Sorry for the mistakes of English. I use Google Translate.

Yeah, I've had a few fighting types in mind that I think would be really suited for a fighter and be fun to make sometime in the future.

I like how swift and fluffy Loppuny's animations are (specially the ear movements). Which moves do you planto use?

Zangoose should have crush claw which could work a bit like Iori's turning slash thing that he has in XII and XIII, quick attack as a dash forwards attack and maybe night slash as an upwards slashing anti air. Detect would also be cool as previously mentioned, it could work a bit like Juri's taunt escape move.

Lopunny could have dizzy punch as a rekka attack, bounce as an attack that would work a bit like Oro's hcf k or Bison's head press, jump kick which would work a bit like Takuma's jump kick thing or maybe even a Robert style dive kick, also maybe the elemental punches but I'm not sure how they could be implemented.

What I have in mind at this point for Lopunny as I quickly scan Bublapedia for the most fitting names to shove in:

Rolling Kick - Spins forward and connects with a kick, can be used to avoid projectiles and other body attacks similar to Cammy's spinning knuckle.

Some kind of backflip with moderate vertical range, usuable as an anti-air or backing away from the opponent, say the first part of Trap Shot or Kyosuke's FDF+K with different momentum

Agilitwhatever - A quick dodge followed by a retaliatory strike. Each attack strength results in a different direction for the dodge and followup

Throwing shit out there:

Bounce - Hooligan combination / Jinchuu Watari - Forward Leap that can be lead into a command grab or a flurry of kicks
Jump Kick - Tornado Kick-esque attack with forward momentum, or as an airborne/divekick attack
Dizzy Punch - A quick flurry of strikes that leaves Lopunny with a decent frame advantage

Zangoose may have a rekka and AA like Classic/EX Iori.
#20  April 22, 2013, 03:34:20 am
    • bunnaroath@gmail.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/TheShiroyaksha
Where did you get 3D Render from?