YesNoOk

DC Phantom Hour - A Justice League fan game (Read 16297 times)

Started by Bea, February 20, 2013, 01:37:44 am
Share this topic:
Re: Justice League Fan Game
#21  April 14, 2013, 08:12:26 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I can confirm that all those colours are for separation. ( they are mostly basic colours ) .
I cant make promises about superman S sign, the task has been there from the start and the idea of making two sets one for each side is killing me.

Adding lines to bizarro should be easy, i planned to do that anyway.

I had seen pics of starro without sclera, what exactly would you suggest? ( give it a mspaint application to show me )

Rex budget was spent on other stuff.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty

Bea

#22  April 14, 2013, 09:08:09 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
  • Superman needs his S. Yeah I know it'll be a pain to sprite and code to appear right, but it's worth it. Supes needs his S. The S is for Shakespeare, for crying out loud!
  • Likewise, Bizarro needs the same thing, of course with the S reversed. And speaking of Bizarro, he looks... wrong. He doesn't look like Bizarro. His facial expression seems unfit for him, and I think it would also be much improved if a few thin lines were added to his face to give him his trademark chalky and rock-like face.

You each will receive 20 bonus Jmorphpoints if Bizarro's  "#1" sign is added.
  • Batman's weird colors are for separation purposes, right? (Teal suit? Turquoise gloves? Grey bat symbol?)
    Same deal with Captain Cold. (None of those colors are right)
  • Speaking of Captain Cold, his ice gun looks way too conventional, but it's not like that's never happened before in some appearances... Still, I think a more futuristic look would be better, or maybe even just a color change to purple or something.
  • Starro needs sclera. He looks wrong without it, unfit for a star conqueror.
  • Superman's colors are way too dull, what is this Superman Returns?
    I would also recommend using blue for his hair or at least a much darker shade of grey, as right now it looks wrong.
  • Power Girl's stance is really awkward and dumb-looking. Unless she's trying to intimidate people by showing off her back muscles?
  • Roster is missing the greatest of DC characters, Rex the Mother Fucking Wonder Dog. This project therefore gets an F-, which is sad cause it looks so cool, but what can be done? No Rex. I don't make the rules here.

• Superman gets his S after Netherrealms greenlight this and thus we aren't at risk of being shut by dumb DC lawyers. >:(
  • See above
  • Ayup. I will work the sheets colours at a later time to make them look prettier and shinier and stuff. It will be glorious and gay, but mostly glorious!
  • Cold colours will be redone and with that his gun will no longer be grey. He also doesn't fight alone.
  • Refer to Iced reply.
  • Power Girl stances actually works. Her moves flow smoothly from it. Also, I like it and it is my money that is paying for this. :P
  • I only have enough budget for 4 heroes, and thus no Rex. Heck, Bats was this close to be scrapped in favor to the great, the amazing, the wonderful, the powerful Aquaman, the fishmaster!

There, all yer points addressed. ;P
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

SF2NES is dead. Long live SF2NES.
#23  April 14, 2013, 04:51:31 pm
  • チョンリサ
    • Canada
Superman gets his S after Netherrealms greenlight this and thus we aren't at risk of being shut by dumb DC lawyers. >:(

Isn't there a Superman MUGEN character that has his S?
you can't mixup a blind man, and you can't out think a brick ~skisonic
Street fighting is all about analysis, prediction, and reaction. That's it.

#24  April 14, 2013, 04:54:29 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
I should clarify, its not that the lawyers would stop us over the S, its that drawing two sets of sprites ( four if we count bizarro ) with the right sided S takes a bit and has been postponed as not essential unless we are closer to getting the project completed.

Bea

#25  April 14, 2013, 05:06:45 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Precisely what Iced said.
I am even postponing the most expensive bits of the project such as voice over and music for after we have the green light to continue.
I don't want to blow a fair bit of money and then suddenly find myself forced to drop it by a cease & desist order.
Princess Adora: "My friend saw She-Ra take her dress off in the shower. She said she has an 8 pack. She said She-Ra is shredded."

#26  April 14, 2013, 08:59:18 pm
  • If you’re gonna reach for a star...
  • reach for the lowest one you can.
    • USA
    • network.mugenguild.com/jmorphman
I had seen pics of starro without sclera, what exactly would you suggest? ( give it a mspaint application to show me )
As always, artists have their on interpretations but generally this is how Starro's eye is drawn:

red rim, white sclera, red iris, black pupil
I also changed the colors for Starro, separation be damned, to see if it looked more like Starro (it does). I also added some chest hair to Zod, because Terrence Stamp.

Rex budget was spent on other stuff.
Spoiler, click to toggle visibilty
You will be hearing from my lawyer.

(my lawyer is Rex)

He also doesn't fight alone.
I know. And speaking of him, I forgot to ask: which Rogues besides Mirror Master will be joining him?

Power Girl stances actually works. Her moves flow smoothly from it. Also, I like it and it is my money that is paying for this. :P
But it looks so awkward!

I should clarify, its not that the lawyers would stop us over the S, its that drawing two sets of sprites ( four if we count bizarro ) with the right sided S takes a bit and has been postponed as not essential unless we are closer to getting the project completed.
C'mon. Do it. You know you want to.

Also you can flip the Superman sprites that Bizarro shares to get the reversed S, so it's not exactly 4 sets!

Bea

#27  April 14, 2013, 09:52:23 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
As always, artists have their on interpretations but generally this is how Starro's eye is drawn:
http://i.imgur.com/4qKWT8j.png
red rim, white sclera, red iris, black pupil
I also changed the colors for Starro, separation be damned, to see if it looked more like Starro (it does). I also added some chest hair to Zod, because Terrence Stamp.

Since I will be doing the recolouring, I can apply these new colours to Starro. I just need to see how to go with the eye.
I like the Zod chest hair idea. We will see about it in the future.

I know. And speaking of him, I forgot to ask: which Rogues besides Mirror Master will be joining him?
Weather Wizard and Heat Wave will be joining him.

But it looks so awkward!
But I like it! D:

C'mon. Do it. You know you want to.

Also you can flip the Superman sprites that Bizarro shares to get the reversed S, so it's not exactly 4 sets!
Oh, we want to. But first, we will make sure we won't get shut down by a C&D letter. Then Supes gets his S and voice too. :P

#28  April 14, 2013, 10:13:23 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
Added the sclera.
Also noticed I had mistankenly used the wrong colour on Cold glasses, so I redid his sheet to separate the glasses.

Bea

#29  April 22, 2013, 03:36:23 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org

#30  April 22, 2013, 03:58:47 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
that looks wonderful. I am so looking forward to this. It's so adorable! <3
#31  April 22, 2013, 06:29:38 am
    • USA
Another week, another update.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuLbK5XbmKQ

Added camera and the very first animated stage to the engine.
So... wait. Not only do the cameos by non-DC characters outnumber the actual DC characters, but the two DC characters that appear at all are Hawkman and Mxyzptlk? One, barely relevant to a cosmic setting, and the other one not at all related?

:I

Bea

#32  April 22, 2013, 06:44:28 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Space Ghost IS DC property. ;P

And this is a low end bar. Can't have the likes of Zatanna, Aquaman, Cyborg, Robin, Brainiac, Parasite or others appear there.
Some of those will appear at the story, Mongul would take part in the fight,  Brainiac would have no reason to be in an intergalactic bar, Lex Luthor would be so out of place.

Thus, Hawkman and Mr. Mxyzptlk. Space Ghost and Zorak are there because I loved their show and the their talk show too. :P
Also, gotta save other guys for the other stages too.

#33  April 22, 2013, 07:24:59 am
    • USA
Space Ghost IS DC property. ;P
But he's not part of the DCU!

And this is a low end bar. Can't have the likes of Zatanna, Aquaman, Cyborg, Robin, Brainiac, Parasite or others appear there.
Some of those will appear at the story, Mongul would take part in the fight,  Brainiac would have no reason to be in an intergalactic bar, Lex Luthor would be so out of place.
But those people wouldn't make sense either. What about the tons and tons of cosmic DC characters? Maybe Adam Strange could be there, taking a break from saving those helpless Rannians over and over again. Maybe have some Khunds in the background, ready to start something. Or maybe someone from the Reach. Maybe the L.E.G.I.O.N./R.E.B.E.L.S. could be there, requiring the need of their old pal Lobo, which of course pisses Vril Dox off to no end, to have to enter this loathsome bar to find that Czarian bastich. Maybe a Dominator could be hiding in the shadows, observing the clash of the metahumans. Why not a Green Lantern, there's tons of them, and they need to drink, GL-ing is hard! I dunno, maybe throw in a Tamaranian drinking away the sorrows of having their home planet destroyed, then settling on another planet, then having that one destroyed, because comics. A regular Thanagarian, with metal wings and crazy uniform would work much better than Hawkman, too. Heck, throw in The Weird, or Jim Starlin will cry.

Mxy really doesn't fit in at all.
#34  April 22, 2013, 07:46:55 am
  • Smooches
    • USA
    • Skype - Neocide
omg Jmorph, stop being so nitpicky! enjoy it for what it is. :V
#35  April 22, 2013, 07:48:23 am
    • USA
I'm offering suggestions! Cool suggestions, better than lame old Hawkman and one of those Grey aliens except this one is tan for some reason! >:[

Bea

#36  April 22, 2013, 09:12:58 am
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
He is tan because I used classic X-Com sectoid colours for him

Lame Hawkman is there by my request. He is lame, and his wife just left him for a Green Lantern, so he is drinking away his love sorrows. :P
I will consider some of your suggestions and talk to Iced about it. Mxy stays as the bartender, and Space Ghost and Zorak ain't going anywhere! >=|

#37  April 22, 2013, 08:20:09 pm
    • USA
Is Hawkman at least Katar Hol?

Also, I never said Space Ghost and Zorak should go anywhere, they just shouldn't outnumber actual DC characters (also, Zorak better have been dragged there by Space Ghost to hang out, because no way would Zorak go to a bar with Space Ghost willingly!) :P

But I still think that Mxy doesn't really make that much sense as a bartender in Lobo's bar. :-\

Bea

#38  April 22, 2013, 08:41:59 pm
  • MUGEN Grandma
    • Brazil
    • www.smeenet.org
Fine, fine. I will remanage Mxy to Metropolis. :P

Zorak clearly works there, since the talk show is no more. Why do you think Space Ghost sank so low? :P

#39  April 22, 2013, 08:53:16 pm
    • USA
No I just mean like, in the backstory to the stage, Space Ghost dragged Zorak there because there is no way Zorak would willingly go hang out with Space Ghost, ever. That is how it will be in my personal canon, at least!
#40  April 22, 2013, 11:57:55 pm
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
space ghost and batman are canon to each other.

Space ghost is not allowed in, he will be floating left and right by the windows, drinking.

Mxy is a random bartender but its better than marvin the martian.  I wanted someone that could teleport around serving the beer , I think he fits, but feel free to suggest someone else.
I do think it has enough cameos, considering that the stage should host a fight between lobo and a certain someone and I dont want no one there to interfere.
characters like MMH and others will be cutscene material, those wont usually be in the backdrops.

Bea, i assume paralax isnt working yet, considering theres not movement to the elements.