Started by Memo, March 14, 2013, 08:01:33 pm
Share this topic:
Re: CvTW Strider Hien Updated, Bug Fixes //MEMo_fng's CvTW edit's and W.I.Ps
#221  April 24, 2013, 10:04:35 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
Now if only it had the official Sean Altly Seal of Approval...

:P

Download Last Bout now!
#222  April 24, 2013, 11:03:39 pm
  • Oh look, I changed this thing.
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Not quite Trinitronity He said a good chance Volnutt might be in. Also Memo still has to put in the finishing touches. Because Volnutt might be too good to play with. Even with balancing, he's a pretty tough contender to beat. That and AI wise...
#223  April 24, 2013, 11:06:37 pm
  • Just A Dude...
  • For me, it was Tuesday...
    • Canada
    • chaoticdarkness.deviantart.com/
Tried the latest fix you did for Hien, only thing I can notice is that the crouch still has that strange thing where it causes him to move back slightly, it's not a big deal, just minor nitpicking mostly. I thought the kunai toss was bugged because it wouldn't work, but I'm guessing you just got rid of it? Personally I don't think it was necessary since he already had a forward projectile so good call on that. I'm not one to care, but hopefully someone gives his AI a patch, now that he feels very much complete it's just a final touch he could benefit from.

I found a video on Volnutt's command list from TvC which may prove helpful too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYxJFrnXxLE

Sean's suggestion of the Buster Shot is also good, I was wondering if you do go with more of a weapon change system though, if the level 1 will differ depending on the weapon? Kinda like Sean's version of Sonic and the various shield's which alter how his super behaves. If he does become an addition to the roster of the full game this will be pretty awesome :)
#224  April 24, 2013, 11:19:08 pm
  • Deliverater
  • Who's that guy? A-L-T-L-Y
    • USA
    • www.mugenguild.com/seanaltly
This is making me want to hook up my Wii for the first time in months and play that.

Download Last Bout now!
#225  April 25, 2013, 12:01:29 am
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
Yeah I have a cool story about that game.... My friend was sickly and he loved playing games but his favorite was fighting games. So I wanted to give him a present for his 19th birthday and then I found out about Tatsunoko Vs Capcom. Me and my friend didn't know much about it only that it was a fighting game. Man it blew our minds! Characters we didn't see for a while was on it (i'm a big fan of Roll), My friend kicked my butt so many times that day. I got a call from my friend's mom and she told me that he was able to go out of the hospital and come back home. He wanted me to play with him as celebration of going back home but what he didn't know is that I bought my own copy and practiced. When we finally played, I knew who I wanted to play with (Volnutt and Roll baby) and it came close but I won against my friend. We laughed about it but it was and still is one of the coolest games I played on the Wii. It's one of the few games that made me get semi-serious about fighting games.
#226  April 25, 2013, 12:38:49 am
    • USA
Re: CvTW Hien Updated 24 April, Bug Fixes //MEMo_fng's CvTW edit's and W.I.Ps
#227  April 25, 2013, 01:28:50 am
  • Estoy siempre listo para un desafío.
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I just put up DL links for Hien's update, C-G-U i finally fix that weird slide in his crouching animation,
 did a bunch of stuff cant remember everything right now but his game play is smoother, closer to
 CvTW than the one i recently sent out.  I removed his shuriken throw UT move now you can choose
 to teleport in front or behide your enemy, but only when he is faceing you.  Tweaked a couple of
the moves and hypers.

Megaman is gonna take a little longer than my other releases because of the way he is coded,
i decided to rebuild a sff file of his sprites and recode his cmd and cns files.  His files are
numbered different than regular chars and it has like 6 cns files i think? so i dont know
 what is what so i have to run him in debug mode to find the sprites i want and re number
them in the new .sff im building

Im planing on useing his buster shot as an UT thats a must,
and having him get upgrades as specials is not a bad idea either.
Download Hien and enjoy,  thanks for the feedback!
#228  April 25, 2013, 01:59:31 pm
Did you receive my PM? (about Hien)
#229  April 25, 2013, 02:29:17 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com

A couple of people either told me Hien's jumping HP animation is weird, or why does he disappear?
I wanted his jump animations to look like he gets back in his fall pose after he hits, and for his HP i
didnt have any sprites that looked correct so i made it look like he teleports into his fall pose.
Any body thinks that i should change it or what?
Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 02:46:29 pm by MEMo_fng
#230  April 25, 2013, 03:04:57 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
I figured it was just a transitional effect, personally I think it looks fine.
#231  April 25, 2013, 04:12:31 pm
  • Vae Victus!
    • USA
    • mugenguild.com/forum/topics/lord-kains-small-portraits-140580.0.html
I never thought of it as "weird looking" I think is fine IMO, looks good actually.
"Given the choice; whether to rule a corrupt and failing empire or to challenge the Fates for another throw a better throw against one's destiny... what was a king to do?
#232  April 25, 2013, 04:16:24 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
--I created a template for making those select stage screen shots

--Now if i can figure out how, or what type of file to save the image for the font file all would be good!
#233  April 25, 2013, 04:50:24 pm
    • USA
    • mega491@yahoo.com
My bad everyone, just wanted to share that. But I sure can't wait for what you do for Volnutt.
#234  April 25, 2013, 05:05:20 pm
#235  April 25, 2013, 05:15:52 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
I want him to transition out of this
before he lands and the teleport was the only thing that blended in ok.

Alex and Senorfro gave me some good bug reports that i addressed for his next update
im gonna post later, Im just gonna wait a little bit and see if any body else finds
things to fix before hand.
#236  April 25, 2013, 08:44:38 pm
  • Master Relic Tech
  • Screenpack Maker EX
Will he be released as a single character, from the game itself.
#237  April 25, 2013, 08:59:04 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Re: CvTW Hien and Jyuzumaru Updated! 25 APR 13 //MEMo_fng's CvTW edit's and W.I.Ps
#238  April 25, 2013, 11:30:36 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
Just put up DL links for Jyuzumaru and Hien's updates.
Juzumaru got some tweaks to his /F,z UT move and some combo chains got changed up as well.
For Hien i fixed a bunch of stuff that you guys helped me find.

Thanks for the feedback everybody, without you, these characters would be shit but you guys have been helping me improve them.
Enjoy!
Re: CvTW Hien and Jyuzumaru Updated! 25 APR 13 //MEMo_fng's CvTW edit's and W.I.Ps
#239  April 25, 2013, 11:47:13 pm
  • Just A Dude...
    • Canada
It's good that you're accepting of the criticism to make your characters much more refined, considering all the little fixes you've been adding to Hien, it's been interesting seeing the whole thing progress :)
#240  April 25, 2013, 11:57:33 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • im41784@yahoo.com
It's good that you're accepting of the criticism to make your characters much more refined, considering all the little fixes you've been adding to Hien, it's been interesting seeing the whole thing progress :)

Thats why i do daily updates" i hope its not annoying" I like the feedback, i prefer to put out my stuff asap so i can get bug reports and do fixes.
I see some creators taking months or years before they release something, teasing us all with pics and videos while an elite  handfull of people would be testing it.
I dont like working like that, i like putting it out and do updates along the way.