YesNoOk

The Microsoft news thread (Read 274068 times)

Started by "Bad News" Hoffmann, May 21, 2013, 07:59:23 pm
Share this topic:
Re: The XBOX One reveal event . thoughts?
#21  May 21, 2013, 10:45:39 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
#22  May 21, 2013, 10:56:31 pm
  • Man of Mystery (and Chocolate)
    • USA
Is it me or Microsoft trying too damn hard to have their new Xbox (BTW, the name fits... it's One shitty idea, I tell you) be the end all for entertainment.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a system that puts it's focus on games first. All these other functions can be nice, but if it's a video game system, then why not focus on the games.
#23  May 21, 2013, 11:00:31 pm
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#24  May 21, 2013, 11:10:36 pm
    • Germany
    • www.game-art-hq.com
^i ll add the video link to the first post

totally agreeing DKDC with everything what you said.
#25  May 21, 2013, 11:16:04 pm
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
might as well shill: https://twitter.com/FraudKrew
the streams are here: https://www.twitch.tv/robotboombox
#26  May 21, 2013, 11:50:30 pm
  • TEHUH NAYUME EZ HUWK KOO MAWUN
    • Canada
The amount of damage control they have to do right now is hilarious to me.

Harmony is harmony is harmony is not with us, harmony is not with us. Living hell is coming.

3DS FC: 0232 - 8852 - 3659
#27  May 22, 2013, 12:05:10 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
There was a sig here. Its gone now (thanks photobucket ya fecks)
#28  May 22, 2013, 12:20:52 am
Is it me or Microsoft trying too damn hard to have their new Xbox (BTW, the name fits... it's One shitty idea, I tell you)
TSS MAYBE THEY SHOULDVE CALLED IT XBOX 2 BECAUSE ITS LIKE DROPPING A DEUCE OR SUMPTIN
#29  May 22, 2013, 12:21:39 am
  • üks kurb olend
    • Finland
Xbox won the next gen.
conscious dreamers can be treasurer to their own currency
im a conscious dreamer
therefore i can be treasurer to my own currency

i can be the mind controller
#30  May 22, 2013, 12:50:40 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
http://kotaku.com/you-will-be-able-to-trade-xbox-one-games-online-micros-509140825

what

Posted: May 22, 2013, 01:08:30 am
http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-does-require-internet-connection-cant-play-o-509164109

Xbox One Does Require Internet Connection, Can't Play Offline Forever
The Xbox One doesn't have to be online all the time, but it does have to be online. Not just once in a while—once a day, according to Microsoft vice president Phil Harrison.

In a Q&A on their press site for the new Xbox, Microsoft tackles the always-on question with a strangely-worded answer: "No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet."

At the event in Redmond today, Kotaku boss Stephen Totilo asked Phil Harrison for clarification on this. And what Harrison told us might not please people who enjoy playing Xbox on military bases or other locations without Internet.

"There are many devices in your life that require the Internet to function," he said. "Xbox One is no different in that it requires, at some point in the beginning and at various times through its on state, to connect to our cloud and to our Internet. That is to deliver Xbox Live functionality, that is to deliver download content to you, that is to deliver some of the innovations around TV and entertainment that we showed today. But it doesn’t require it to be online all the time."

So how often does it check your connection? "Depends on the experience," Harrison said.

"For single-player games that don’t require connectivity to Xbox Live, you should be able to play those without interruption should your Internet connection go down. Blu-ray movies and other downloaded entertainment should be accessible when your Internet connection may be interrupted. But the device is fundamentally designed to be expanded and extended by the Internet as many devices are today."

And here's the bombshell:

Kotaku: If I’m playing a single player game, do I have to be online at least once per hour or something like that? Or can I go weeks and weeks?

Harrison: I believe it’s 24 hours.

Kotaku: I’d have to connect online once every day.

Harrison: Correct.

So the system is built to work even if your Internet connection goes down, but you still have to be connected at least once a day to use it, according to Harrison. We're not sure exactly what would happen if you don't connect once per day—and that timeframe could change—but this doesn't sound good for anyone who was hoping to use Xbox One without an Internet connection.

I hope this is Kotaku being clueless as ever, because this is pretty much yet another nail on the coffin.
Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 01:10:47 am by Roman55
#31  May 22, 2013, 01:21:57 am
But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.
That sounds like someone finally realized "hang on... I think we fucked up, people aren't actually liking it, quick, say something and we'll think about it later" a few minutes before that interview, because I can't see what magical solution could fix that.
If I struggled to the end of my determination, to the end of my way of life with my followers, if the result is ruin, then this ruin is inevitable. Grieve. Shed tears. But you cannot regret.
#32  May 22, 2013, 01:22:16 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.

WHAT.
THE.
FUCK.

If someone wants to borrow a game, they still have to pay full retail price before they can play it?  That is some Omega level bullshit right there.
#33  May 22, 2013, 01:25:35 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Might as well just go down to the shops and buy it.

GJ microsoft
#34  May 22, 2013, 01:28:15 am
  • This is going to be very entertaining.
    • USA
And what does that mean for rentals?  Will you have to pay full price before you can play a rented title? 

I really hope that this is just Kotaku being dumb again, because even for this shit-show that is fucking absurd.
#35  May 22, 2013, 01:30:02 am
  • Eyyyy
    • UK
Basically an attempt at making more money that is more likely to make them less by alienating customers in the name of..anti-piracy I guess? The old story.
#36  May 22, 2013, 01:30:38 am
  • Hick-spanic
  • the dawn away
    • Puerto Rico
More "good" news!
Xbox One has non-replaceable hard drive, external storage is supported

We had the opportunity to chat with Albert Penello, senior director of product planning at Microsoft this afternoon, who was kind enough to clarify a few topics for us regarding the recently-unveiled Xbox One. One thing we were quick to ask about was the integrated storage. 500GB sounds like a lot today -- but so did the 20GB unit in the original Xbox 360. The HDD there was, at least, replaceable. Can you do the same with its successor? Sadly, no. Hard drives in the Xbox One are non-user-serviceable, but Penello confirmed that the USB 3.0 port is there for external storage, which can be used for everything the internal storage can be used for. That includes game installs and downloads. So, don't fret: adding storage will be just as easy as ever.
http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/21/xbox-one-hard-drive/
#37  May 22, 2013, 01:31:34 am
  • tired
    • Skype - Istillhasnoname
This is getting better and better worse and worse as more news pours on in. >_<
Is finding MUGEN to be more enjoyable to play when you're not wearing clothes an underrated opinion?
#38  May 22, 2013, 01:40:07 am
  • 日本は素晴らしい国です。
But that doesn't mean used games are dead. In fact, Harrison told us, you'll be able to sell your Xbox One games online.

"We will have a solution—we’re not talking about it today—for you to be able to trade your previously-played games online," Harrison said.
That sounds like someone finally realized "hang on... I think we fucked up, people aren't actually liking it, quick, say something and we'll think about it later" a few minutes before that interview, because I can't see what magical solution could fix that.
oh i see it now.
they are trying to implement the steam solution, once you buy a game you get a license, buying a phisical copy just means you get a download code for their saved game, so you can "sell" and "trade" licenses between friends like you would do on steam with games.

This is fucking ridiculous for a console, the whole idea is to be able to take the games to your friends.
#39  May 22, 2013, 01:47:20 am
  • The Goddess Returns
Didn't bother to see the stream, so lets see what Xbox One can do, because I haven't heard good from i-

*Sees news*

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS!?!

How...WHY!? WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY THINKING!?!
This is absolute suicide! They not alone take away backwards compatibility, meaning you WILL have Wii U level sales, but then they have the AUDACITY to make you pay a fee for using a used game to play it!? AND FORCED INSTALLATION FOR ALL GAMES!?!?!
And you need to connect to the internet every 24 hours to play games on top of all that shit!!!!

Oh but don't worry, with forced Kinect, you'll have the best T.V and media experience EVER!!!!

Well done Microsoft...well fucking done. You just guaranteed your console's failure, I cannot believe it was possible for a console to fail before it even got out of the fucking gate...but Microsoft did it...
http://www.youtube.com/user/busterbladex?feature=mhum

Finally got some vids on here.
Subscribe to me please and who knows, maybe my video walkthroughs will help you one day.......
#40  May 22, 2013, 01:51:09 am
  • Lurker and Appreciator of MUGEN
    • USA
IMO, it's a damn processor with Kinect. Huh.