YesNoOk

An old question, but I want to ask.. (Read 4713 times)

Started by a487561, July 05, 2013, 05:02:49 pm
Share this topic:
An old question, but I want to ask..
#1  July 05, 2013, 05:02:49 pm
    • China
Yeah... this issue seems to exist for a long time, but I want to ask: Why there are so many creators(Espcially in The MUGEN Database -_-)  have TONS of WIPs and tend to do a lots of works at once? Aren't they tired? :-\
(Note: I'm not going to against someone who likes that, just ask...)
Re: An old question, but I want to ask..
#2  July 05, 2013, 05:08:22 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org
Creator's preference I guess. I'm one of the ones who finds it easier to work on one thing at a time (if something that's already been released needs updating that's a different story).
#3  July 05, 2013, 05:15:33 pm
  • [E]
    • Mexico
since some creators don't get paid, they tend to abandon their project for a while when they get bored of them as they do mugen stuff just for fun.
#4  July 05, 2013, 05:44:39 pm
    • China
#5  July 05, 2013, 06:15:43 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Oh... HIM.

Creators like him tend to rush releases for the sake of getting the character itself onto MUGEN without putting any kind of effort into the character or respecting any kind of standards in fighting games, usually spitting out mugen releases within the span of a few weeks. These are the kinds of authors who not only can't handle any kind of feedback or criticism of their characters, but typically don't play any fighting games at all except Smash Bros.
#6  July 05, 2013, 06:44:18 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Oh... HIM.

Creators like him tend to rush releases for the sake of getting the character itself onto MUGEN without putting any kind of effort into the character or respecting any kind of standards in fighting games, usually spitting out mugen releases within the span of a few weeks. These are the kinds of authors who not only can't handle any kind of feedback or criticism of their characters, but typically don't play any fighting games at all except Smash Bros.

That or try to mimic trends like the self insert trend I am somewhat guilty of starting. And thinking THAT'S the way a character should be done.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#7  July 05, 2013, 06:55:30 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Look on the bright side, at least Daniel wasn't a Shiki Tohno edit :p
#8  July 05, 2013, 07:02:09 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Look on the bright side, at least Daniel wasn't a Shiki Tohno edit :p

I guess; still not quite satisfied with him except for a few things here and there I could manage to pull off. Back on topic, another reason I think they have such a long as Chile's length WIP list is because apparently they make their characters in one to seven days and don't realize that if you're gonna make a character in such a low time span you must be REALLY dedicated to it, and I'm not talking about templated characters. I mean the real "adventure" from making the character from scratch.
#9  July 05, 2013, 07:10:46 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Unless the character in question is a nonplayable static boss character like Dialga & Palkia, which took literally 4 days, and that was with recycled code from my other stuff at the time. Considering most of the issues it had, remind me never to attempt that again.
#10  July 05, 2013, 07:19:06 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Unless the character in question is a nonplayable static boss character like Dialga & Palkia, which took literally 4 days, and that was with recycled code from my other stuff at the time. Considering most of the issues it had, remind me never to attempt that again.

Recycled code itself is a gamble.... You never know what may go wrong unless you're 100% sure it's solid. That's why I only reuse certain code-snippets and make a char from the Winane AI template. I do as well take my time on the basic attacks and basic actions and see what parameters from the hitdef may be good to use for certain attacks.