YesNoOk

[WIP] Diary - Feb 6 (Read 726366 times)

Started by Ricepigeon, January 30, 2011, 09:14:19 pm
Share this topic:
Re: Ricepigeon's WIP Thread (Current WIP: Patchouli Knowledge)
#81  June 19, 2013, 06:09:58 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
    • ricepigeon.neocities.org

Finally got around to some of her normals.
Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:37:40 am by Ricepigeon
#82  June 20, 2013, 04:38:00 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Gonna tweak the animation timings of that new special if necessary once I start beta testing her more indepth.
Malfunction, Need Input
#83  June 20, 2013, 05:53:04 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Alright so now that Patchy's specials and normals are coming to a close, her supers are the next step and I think I hit a roadblock regarding her Philosopher's Stone super.

In source (both IaMP and SWR/Soku), the super creates 5 different colored elemental crystals that float around her, which explode and provide 8 aimed bullets every time she uses a special of the corresponding element to each of the crystals (her fire specials and bullets cause the red crystal to break, water causes blue to break, etc). The broken crystals then respawn a short time afterward. With this in mind I'm wondering how I should implement this super:

Option A: Keep the super exactly how it is in source, providing 8 extra projectiles every time she uses a special.

Option B: Keep the super how it is in source, but reduce the number of projectiles produced by the broken crystals. I'm thinking maybe reducing it to 3 or 4.

Option C: Scrap the extra projectile stuff and instead have the super alter the properties of her specials as long as each of the crystals are intact. I'm thinking something along the lines of this:
  • Summer Red (QCF Projectile): Projectile hits twice and knocks down on hit, as opposed to hitting once with no knockdown.
  • Spring Wind (DP Pushback): Since the move by itself doesn't do damage, I'm thinking of going with Option A or Option B here.
  • Autumn Blade (HCB Projectile): Each version hits three times with increased damage from the hard version, but with the light version's recovery, making it safe on block
  • Dew Spear (RDP Falling Projectile): Increased damage per projectile, as well as projectile count being increased from 3 to 5
  • Winter Element (DD Rising projectile): Havent shown this one yet, but like in SWR it causes a geyser to appear under the opponent. Crystal breakage will cause additional damage as well as extend the vertical hitbox towards the top of the screen.

Any ideas for option C are welcome.
#84  June 20, 2013, 06:27:17 pm
    • Hungary
    • seravy.x10.mx/Wordpress
Option C sounds more interesting. I have an extra projectile version, and it didn't work out all that well. It was one of those things that didn't feel useful enough when used but was overwhelming when it was used against me. Overall it felt uninteresting. It might work better if it is source accurate, which my version isn't, but I would recommend  something else and avoiding A and B.

For option C
Spring Wind could grant the pushback effect a longer duration, like 3-4 seconds.
Autumn Blade could create a projectile that goes through targets without disappearing, and/or it could bounce at the edge of the screen.
Summer Red projectile could move faster in addition to doing more damage and knockdown

Also

D. You can make it do the same thing my Grand Philosopher's Stone does, a one-shot attack
E. You could make the crystals fire beams instead like in Patchouli's IAMP Story Mode version. I think this didn't exist in the original game, but you can see it in Kurogane's Patchouli if you enable the story mode.
F. The crystals could blow up when being attacked or taking enough damage (or on a command if you prefer) and cause an effect related to the color/element.
Red : Fire, explosion that does some damage and stuns the opponent while they are burning, only affects the area around the crystal.
Green : Wood, healing Patchouli for 100
Blue : Water, release water bubbles that block projectiles and float around randomly for a while before disappearing
Yellow : Earth, Patchouli gains superarmor for 3 seconds
White : Metal, All normal attacks and sharp or metal projectiles do greatly increased blocked damage for 5 seconds
Re: Malfunction, Need Input
#85  June 20, 2013, 07:17:56 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
For option C
Spring Wind could grant the pushback effect a longer duration, like 3-4 seconds.

3-4 seconds sounds way too long, even by source standards, but I'm not against the idea of increasing the force of the pushback for all 3 versions, or even decreasing the startup time so that the pushback effect occurs earlier. Still gonna go with the crystal projectile thing on this though

Summer Red projectile could move faster in addition to doing more damage and knockdown

Summer Red as I have it right now already has 3 varying speeds. The speed factor during Philosopher's stone wouldn't change.

E. You could make the crystals fire beams instead like in Patchouli's IAMP Story Mode version. I think this didn't exist in the original game, but you can see it in Kurogane's Patchouli if you enable the story mode.

Part of the way it worked in source was to keep the opponent in stun long enough for Patchouli to do whatever. A beam might be overkill.
#86  June 20, 2013, 10:09:35 pm
    • Puerto Rico
    • www.youtube.com/user/Darkflares
It might be a good idea to reconsider whether allowing the crystals to respawn.
Alternatively, use Option C and make it be time limited instead.
#87  June 21, 2013, 04:19:57 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
The super was time limited (20 seconds in source I believe?). Guess I forgot to mention that.
#88  June 23, 2013, 02:03:45 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

First super
#89  June 24, 2013, 06:03:30 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Not nearly enough for a progress vid but these should suffice for now:

#90  June 26, 2013, 03:22:44 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Probably one more after this then I'll begin testing.
#91  June 28, 2013, 03:24:15 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

Filler
Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:40:26 pm by Ricepigeon
Re: Ricepigeon's WIP Thread (Current WIP: Reimu Revisited, Patchouli [on hold])
#92  June 28, 2013, 06:40:57 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Good news and Bad news

Good news is the only thing left to do on Patchouli is her second and final level 3 super.

Bad news is progress on Patchouli is being put on indefinite hold until I can iron out the issues in Reimu and possible Alice and the Meiling duo as well.
Patchouli WIP (Beta Testers Needed)
#93  July 09, 2013, 07:46:38 pm
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA
Aside from winposes, most of Patchouli's stuff is in. I think she's ready for a few people to start testing her. Any takers?

BC

Re: Patchouli WIP (Beta testers needed)
#94  July 09, 2013, 08:14:22 pm
    • UK
"Royal Flare" looks awesome.
Accepting commissions
Re: Patchouli WIP (Beta testers needed)
#95  July 09, 2013, 08:17:19 pm
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69
Aside from winposes, most of Patchouli's stuff is in. I think she's ready for a few people to start testing her. Any takers?

I may be able to find one or two bad things and a few bugs. Don't expect me to be as good as other people though.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
Re: Sakuya_RP (Patchouli and Yukari as well)
#96  July 12, 2013, 06:32:45 am
  • Thanks and God bless
    • USA

inb4 pads
#97  July 12, 2013, 06:34:07 am
  • I am hilarious
  • and you will quote everything I say
    • USA
I see we're in GOTTA GO FAST mode, arrrrrrrrrr ye?
#98  July 12, 2013, 07:50:42 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
 :gonkgoi:
While I do like your work, there's no way I can catch up with your speed.
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns
#99  July 12, 2013, 07:59:08 am
  • it's me
  • Bat's a Wrap.
    • Chile
    • koakoa@jabber.org
    • Skype - koakumadevil69

Do not envy others's speed, sometimes speed is just bad. It's good to take your time and slowly assemble things together.
Yeaaaah im shootign ducks wiht the paino
#100  July 12, 2013, 08:46:40 am
  • Back to the Beginnings
    • https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ

Do not envy others's speed, sometimes speed is just bad. It's good to take your time and slowly assemble things together.
Well, you're true, but what if I do the same characters like RP? Does there exist a chance that some people could accuse me of ripping off his characters? :-\
===My discord servers===
Unlimited Force HQ: https://discord.gg/hnyK7JZ
Mega Man Megamix Engine Help Server: https://discord.gg/Wjm9GYU

Touhou database (by Ryouchi):
http://mugenfreeforall.com/index.php?/topic/8257-touhou-project/
you are all small and can't grow manly sideburns